Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Tarot cards

There is some GIF circling on the Facebook right now ... You tap and get your Tarot card ...

I taped and got The Fool .. lol ...   ;)

Ok ..., how that Tarot stuff really works out?  

post-52082-0-64242200-1454496240_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

I'm pretty clueless too, but getting into the subject (its fascinating)

I would suggest to read the tarot bums section and also the discussion I started in this part of TDB

"The twilight language of the charyagiti"

Micheal talks about the fool in there ;)

Edited by RigdzinTrinley
  • Like 2

Thank you guys ...  :)

I did not know there is Tarot section about this stuff ... I will check it out. 

Can we use those cards as a "spiritual" tool on our way trough life ... to follow our higher self ...  

I'll explore this later this year, they are meditation tools for psychological and spiritual growth for sure

And magical tools as well ( being a follower of a tantric tradition that's all right up my Alley)

But then again I don't know much and will let our hermetic adepts answer

Edited by RigdzinTrinley
  • Like 2

I'm pretty clueless too, but getting into the subject (its fascinating)

I would suggest to read the tarot bums section and also the discussion I started in this part of TDB

"The twilight language of the charyagiti"

Micheal talks about the fool in there ;)

Additionally, I talked about The Fool here

http://thedaobums.com/topic/40331-nirvana-is/page-5#entry670161

and here

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38847-the-tao-of-tarot/#entry634625

In a nutshell, the Fool is potential. When you draw this card (or tap it - whatever), it indicates that you are at a "zero point", free to follow your heart in any direction it would take you.

Can we use those cards as a "spiritual" tool on our way trough life ... to follow our higher self ...  

Yes, that's how Tarot should be used.

• Like 2

Additionally, I talked about The Fool here

http://thedaobums.com/topic/40331-nirvana-is/page-5#entry670161

and here

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38847-the-tao-of-tarot/#entry634625

In a nutshell, the Fool is potential. When you draw this card (or tap it - whatever), it indicates that you are at a "zero point", free to follow your heart in any direction it would take you.

Yes, that's how Tarot should be used.

Hi Michael

Seems that symbol The Fool resonate with me right now, I can feel it ... exactly where I am right now ... right in the center and I can go or follow in any direction I want to ...   ;)

Which book would you recommend to learn that stuff? Do exist a Chinese version of tarot method and cards out there which correspond to the taoist five elements etc ..? Just curious ... and yes I am complete newbie on that field ...   

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Thank you guys ...   :)

I did not know there is Tarot section about this stuff ... I will check it out. 

I see, "my" thread is successfully moved here ... ;)

• Like 1

Anyone familiar with the system using ordinary playing cards?

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/isbn/9781402286162?gclid=CP2X87WW3MoCFceQHwodvWEDxw

-VonKrankenhaus

Yes, I came across this system in the late 90s, it is a really interesting system and seems to provide a lot of useful information.  I have another friend who has worked extensively with it, also starting about the same time, she is a person with a lot of experience with Tarot Cards and the Yijing and she is also very impressed with them.

Do exist a Chinese version of tarot method and cards out there which correspond to the taoist five elements etc ..? Just curious ... and yes I am complete newbie on that field ...

Yes, there are several systems, but not as cards. There is a divination system related to Mah Jongg, which has been written about by Derek Walters, a well known authority on Chinese astrology:

The Fortune Teller's Mah Jongg

He also designed a deck to go with it, but traditionally it was done with the actual Mah Jongg set.  It is a very interesting system also.

On a more esoteric level there is:

Taiyi Shen Shu

Which is very complex, but is held in high esteem.  There are links in the Wikipedia article linked above to other systems.

There's more, but I don't have time to list them all now, some of them I have a lot of experience with, others little to none.

Another very interesting Western system is Geomancy on the surface it seems very simple and I am not aware of any books that really plum its depths and it is very worthwhile to study.

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 2

Hi Michael

Seems that symbol The Fool resonate with me right now, I can feel it ... exactly where I am right now ... right in the center and I can go or follow in any direction I want to ...   ;)

Which book would you recommend to learn that stuff?

That pretty much depends on the deck you want to start with. Tip: Use one that you feel particularly drawn to.

For the Thoth deck (which your version of the Fool shown above comes from, and the one I use most often), P. C. Tarantino: Tarot for the New Aeon is a good guide. For an in-depth study, you won't get around Aleister Crowley: The Book of Thoth, although it's no easy read.

A very recommendable book about the Tarot Archetypes in general (based on the Marseille deck) is Sallie Nichols: Jung and Tarot.

Do exist a Chinese version of tarot method and cards out there which correspond to the taoist five elements etc ..? Just curious ... and yes I am complete newbie on that field ...   

There are various card versions of the I Ching or Yi-King, but of course, this is not the same as Tarot.

• Like 2

It's a thing for 'Michael Sternbach'who is one of our forum members specialty.....!

hello Junko  

<cough  cough  >  

Most certainly ! 

But I have a personal aversion to random internet generators, for a 'reading' ... but as far as any method goes for  randomly examining a card, I guess it is okay.   For how much that cards dynamics involve you, at any specific time, I prefer face to face. Or doing one's own reading 

• Like 2

I'll explore this later this year, they are meditation tools for psychological and spiritual growth for sure

And magical tools as well ( being a follower of a tantric tradition that's all right up my Alley)

But then again I don't know much and will let our hermetic adepts answer

wands_01.jpg     61528.jpg

thothcups01.jpg    .............      $T2eC16ZHJHcFFkE!u1(EBRlI1+GWFQ~~60_35.J

ace-of-swords.jpg ..........      s-l300.jpg

thoth-disks01.jpg ..........                       ?

Ace of Discs

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Any one can answer ... 

My answer is , for tarot  I have 4 main elemental 'weapons' ;

The wand, cup, dagger   and for a disc or a coin for earth, I choose to have my whole tarot deck as my earth weapon/tool . 

Martially, I practice ;  Bo and jo ( and a bit of kali stick and handled weapons ) - wand.  Tanto and machette for dagger.   Cup stumped me a bit ,,, i considered the 'catching ability' of a sai on another weapon for a bit, but now I consider that a whole range of  blending and absorbing techniques , similar to many of those found in Aikido.   Disk is obviously shield .... and is usually used in collaboration with 'dagger' ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSC6URHdRWk

So, I suppose then , my answer to the above big ?  is ;

tib-sutra.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

hello Junko  

What's up?Nungali,have you got a cold? I got a very bad cold these days suffering from headaches and coughing,nose gets blocked etc.Sounds horrible doesn't it! Wish me luck!

Aside from divination, which not everyone is into...some believe that the Tarot is used as a meditative tool that alters the mind with symbolism, for various reasons. Others believe that it was designed to simply show magical correspondences, while perhaps being mostly just a card game.

What's up?Nungali,have you got a cold? I got a very bad cold these days suffering from headaches and coughing,nose gets blocked etc.Sounds horrible doesn't it! Wish me luck!

No cold ... just suffering from lack of attention .  ;)

Its actually a smokers cough  .... and I cut myself shaving ;  

giphy.gif

Good luck. 

Sign in to follow this