manitou

Kundalini help, please?

I'd love it if I could find somebody who has had a similar progression of their kundalini activity.  I know there are plenty of us here, with probably just as many different K-experiences.

I've been K-active for about 10 years, plus or minus.  My K-activity has been a steady progression, taking its sweet time within each chakra which has been representative of an area of life in which there was work to do, i.e. heart chakra, power chakra, etc.  

Then it went through a phase where it was no longer in my chakras, but instead liked to sit either extremely hot at the back of my head, or divided in two in my shoulder blades.  The 'pressure' of the activity trying to break through a chakra was gone, and only the extreme heat remained in the above two mentioned places.

Now, for the past 3 or 4 months, it's right up at the very top of my head under the crown chakra, feeling very much like it wants to blast through.  The heat is gone, but the pressure is sure there again, but an upward pushing.  It's constant.

Has anybody had a similar progression?

Or am I just developing a really bad head cold?

• Like 3

I'd love it if I could find somebody who has had a similar progression of their kundalini activity.  I know there are plenty of us here, with probably just as many different K-experiences.

I've been K-active for about 10 years, plus or minus.  My K-activity has been a steady progression, taking its sweet time within each chakra which has been representative of an area of life in which there was work to do, i.e. heart chakra, power chakra, etc.  

Then it went through a phase where it was no longer in my chakras, but instead liked to sit either extremely hot at the back of my head, or divided in two in my shoulder blades.  The 'pressure' of the activity trying to break through a chakra was gone, and only the extreme heat remained in the above two mentioned places.

Now, for the past 3 or 4 months, it's right up at the very top of my head under the crown chakra, feeling very much like it wants to blast through.  The heat is gone, but the pressure is sure there again, but an upward pushing.  It's constant.

Or am I just developing a really bad head cold?

I am unfortunately not an expert and may not be too helpful. However, I remember that stuck feeling at the top of the head!

Two things come to mind. One is that the experience suggested to me that I had blockages to energy; I worked on this with meditation that focused on relaxing in an egoless way. You do pretty much have to get out of your own way comprehensively  before this opens. I remember using visualizations and focus above my head to avoid putting more energy into the blockage. The second is that some traditions represent the access to the above the crown chakra as taking place through the heart. This is more less an instruction manual - if you wish to connect to the wisdom outside of "you", you need to expand "yourself" through your heart, not your head! In context, it is much easier to defuse the blockages in your head when you focus in your heart and dissolve your mind with love of all. 

Since I can't claim any particular achievement or accomplishment it is difficult to be sure how parallel my experiences were, but I hope that it is at least worth considering.

Bad head cold? It is the season, but kundalini is nothing to sneeze at!

• Like 2

I think the progression is like that from what I see, but I don't particularly feel what people describe as kundalini. I've had the energy raising thing going on for a while which I developed through my kung fu but I typically have to turn it on to get any noticeable effect. I'm also very conscious about letting everything melt away at the same time. That's the physicality of of. The main thing is as you describe with working on aspects of life. I had some really noticeable energetic activity at certain points, in particular when my heart opened up somewhat (I wouldn't go into chakras with that because it felt very normal). After that stabilised sufficiently I've been getting more activity in my head. It feels more fuzzy than anything. Not really a pressure unless I try to raise it too much which just creates tension. I tend to just let it naturally do what it wants these days.

That place of open awareness is good for the head. If you let your brain rest in it then it tends to go quite soft. When I do it I feel like the bottom hemisphere drops away.

• Like 2

this is a similar case.

http://thedaobums.com/topic/40387-meditating-and-possible-kundalini-development-burning-sensation-on-back/?p=671549

Its not a kundalini ;) but the name does not matter. What matters is a process 'yin out-heat in', 'fire in- water out'. The consequences vary from mildly unpleasant to very serious depending on the intensity of what you do to yourself. You people are desiccating your bodies, and apart from stopping doing whatever you are doing..there is really nothing to be done.

• Like 2

My experience of Kundalini consisted of a few short but intense episodes of heat rising up the spine and on a couple of occasions accompanied by a bright camera like flash in my vision. It wasn't a gradual thing for me, possibly because I (stupidly) did exercises in my 20s to forcibly awaken it.

For about 3 years after those experiences, the main issue I had was a constant throbbing in my forehead, sometimes more acute than others. Anything I did would only temporarily alleviate the throbbing sensation, however I've since had breakthroughs with opening up the channels in my face, teeth, jaw, neck and upper chest. I've had a huge amount of qi dumped from my brow down the front of my body a few times after opening these areas.

It's still there sometimes, but not as pronounced, especially as I'm doing Energy Gates Qigong and Bruce Frantzis' dissolving technique now so the issue is moving towards a permanent resolution.

I found this post awhile back on an advanced Yoga practice forum titled: Kundalini Overload: Grounding/Front Channel Block

Quote from posts:

HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE A FRONT CHANNEL BLOCK

You'll experience several of these symptoms

** feeling of trapped energy in head, headache, pressure between the brows or at crown

There's some good info in there since the OP went had some pretty intense Kundalini w/ front channel blocked, could be worth reading.

• Like 3

this is a similar case.

http://thedaobums.com/topic/40387-meditating-and-possible-kundalini-development-burning-sensation-on-back/?p=671549

Its not a kundalini ;) but the name does not matter. What matters is a process 'yin out-heat in', 'fire in- water out'. The consequences vary from mildly unpleasant to very serious depending on the intensity of what you do to yourself. You people are desiccating your bodies, and apart from stopping doing whatever you are doing..there is really nothing to be done.

It seems to me that the Dunning-Kruger effect would apply to someone like Donald Trump.

I found this post awhile back on an advanced Yoga practice forum titled: Kundalini Overload: Grounding/Front Channel Block

Quote from posts:

There's some good info in there since the OP went had some pretty intense Kundalini w/ front channel blocked, could be worth reading.

There may be something to this in my case.  It's winter here in Ohio - and I haven't been walking much, or interacting with people much either.  Maybe it's as simple as lack of grounding because of these two things, as mentioned in the article.  Thank you for taking the time to post that!

And thank you everyone else for sharing your experiences.  And Taoist Texts, I'm not sure who 'us people' are, but I do understand your saying this is not 'kundalini'.  I've had the actual jagged energy arise within me from the ground during healing ceremonies and I assume that's what you're talking about.  I understand your differentiation here.  But everyone else seems to know what I'm talking about.  Thank you for sharing your understanding.

Edited by manitou

I wonder if you've tried matching the upward flow with downward flow. It's a bit of a tai chi idea I think, and everything really opens up a lot more than with just up or just down. Not particularly the microcosmic orbit but rather the central channel going both ways at once. You tend to feel like there's a connection right from the ground up between your legs to the top of your head. This opens up the other channels also.

• Like 3

I think its a very individual process so i can not say what you need at this point in time.My intensest breakthrough came when i "decided" to let everything go i even thought about to stop meditating in order to be able to stay in touch with my social life.Prior to that i did let go all my connections...friends, familiy, eating habits, i could say everything that was still important to me.And then it came, i did feel very strange but it felt right started spontaneously to life alone on hempseedmilk and after 3 days i had the strangest but most beautiful experience of my life.I think the key lies in trust and the amount of letting go.Besides of that i think cold showers are a good help and an easy but nourishing diet.The month before i often went swimming in a very cold river and always found it very grounding and refreshing.I also burnt lots of sage at that time and started to wear only white clothes and headscarfs haha you could say i went crazy with it.What a great time.Wish you all the best on your way.The force is with you.

• Like 2

I wonder if you've tried matching the upward flow with downward flow. It's a bit of a tai chi idea I think, and everything really opens up a lot more than with just up or just down. Not particularly the microcosmic orbit but rather the central channel going both ways at once. You tend to feel like there's a connection right from the ground up between your legs to the top of your head. This opens up the other channels also.

I've never tried anything, lol.  The whole process has been a spontaneous one from the very beginning, I was never looking for it, so I've tended to just let it take its natural course. I do periodically do the microcosmic orbit and I have been doing dream yoga where there is concentration on the side channels.  I appreciate your words.  Maybe this dream yoga practice will help to get the flow going more evenly.

Drinking plenty of water?

"In the kundalini experience, water protects all levels or layers (koshas) of the body in a fashion similar to the way nuclear coolant can be shown to neutralize the heat intensity of fusion, and for the yogi this means one’s body is through proper hydration prevented from the various perils of overcharge or short-circuiting (a resulting imbalance of somatic energy and insanity are just two of many ways this might negatively manifest for the careless practitioner).."

Taken from: http://www.internationaljournaldharmastudies.com/content/3/1/12

• Like 4

Learn all the muscles of the head/neck and exercise them by clenching and releasing them fully about 25-50 times per muscle per day.  The ones that raise the ears, draw the ears back, lift the forehead skin, the neck one that pulls your chest skin and face into a grossed out face[this one really rubs your lymph nodes so dont worry if it makes your neck swollen for a little while, it eventually stops and then I believe the lymph nodes start to work better.  Imagine that, a muscle that makes a grossed out face while purging nasties from the system!].  The ones that flare your nostrils both wide and constricted.  The ones that make you smile gently, and the ones that make you smile wide.  Get something like a piece of rubber and work out your jaw muscles.  There are two different muscles that produce a high pitched and low pitched vocal sound, so go after those too.  There's the tongue...that's a strange little fellow.  The muscle that produces a swallowing action doesn't feel like its a good one to strength train.  Practice drawing your lips over your teeth into an "o" face.  And super important is the muscle that clenches your chin towards the very top of your chest.  One that seems to produce a 3rd eye activity/feeling is clenching your eyelids shut as tight as you can - be sure not to make angry eyebrows during this action though.  All the muscles of the body are important but I think people have more than enough practice making distressed faces. :P

Work all of these out, then take giant handfuls of your hair and gently tug them.  Try to wear your hair down as much as possible, as wearing it up creates a lot of scalp tension.

Take nattokinase for a couple months to improve your overall circulation.  Can't recommend it enough.

Also practice doing as many of these actions at once as you can possibly do in front of a mirror for a nice laugh :)

Edited by Flolfolil
  • Like 2

Drinking plenty of water?

"In the kundalini experience, water protects all levels or layers (koshas) of the body in a fashion similar to the way nuclear coolant can be shown to neutralize the heat intensity of fusion, and for the yogi this means one’s body is through proper hydration prevented from the various perils of overcharge or short-circuiting (a resulting imbalance of somatic energy and insanity are just two of many ways this might negatively manifest for the careless practitioner).."

Taken from: http://www.internationaljournaldharmastudies.com/content/3/1/12

A really interesting article.  Thanks!  I've always thought it interesting in a wonderful way that our bodies are approx 75% water, as is the ratio of water on the earth.  Sort of a micro / macro thing.

• Like 1

Also practice doing as many of these actions at once as you can possibly do in front of a mirror for a nice laugh :)

Assumedly not in a public restroom.....

What an incredible amount of information I'm getting here!  This is wonderful -

Edited by manitou

A really interesting article.  Thanks!  I've always thought it interesting in a wonderful way that our bodies are approx 75% water, as is the ratio of water on the earth.  Sort of a micro / macro thing.

You're welcome!

Interesting manitou, i dont have any advice. But if you start shaking when you meditate let me know. When I was working on my crown i started to kinda bob my body back and forth, idk why. 

• Like 1

Interesting manitou, i dont have any advice. But if you start shaking when you meditate let me know. When I was working on my crown i started to kinda bob my body back and forth, idk why. 

Actually, Jeff has been helping me with some interesting visualizations, and that seems to be doing the trick.  He has me merging with a Buddhist deity, touching his heart, etc.  It seems to be working - I haven't had the problem since I started doing them.

• Like 3

Actually, Jeff has been helping me with some interesting visualizations, and that seems to be doing the trick. He has me merging with a Buddhist deity, touching his heart, etc. It seems to be working - I haven't had the problem since I started doing them.

Manitou,

Which Buddhist Deity?

Perhaps deity wasn't the right word.  When I read the Sutras (Lotus, Avatamsaka) I found myself (on a good day) reflected in Flower Glow, if you're familiar.  It is Flower Glow that I am using - lots of synchronicity with Flower Glow too, as I have a Boddhisatva figure that they used in the lovely video of the Lotus Sutra on a spiritual TV internet channel (wish I could remember the name of the channel, you're probably familiar with it).  It was Chapter 3 of the Lotus Sutra that used as an icon the same statue that I have in my front room - and when my roses are blooming, I often offer them to Flower Glow (which is what I named the statue after reading the Flower Adornment Sutra).  Also, in that same video, there is a drawing of a (maybe) 3 year old little girl, blonde curly hair, superimposed within the chest of one of the Boddhisatvas.  It looks identical to me, face and hair style, when I was that age.

So this is the entity I am using.  It fits so well, and I am currently meditating to a Bon / Chod CD that Steve ran off for me and visualizing and interacting with Flower Glow.  I am starting to feel love in my heart for the Rinpoche's voice in the CD, plus love when Flower Glow comes into my visualizations.

Not only has the intense pressure stopped in the head, it is undoing a knot I have had in my heart chakra for several months.  All in all, I'm very happy with this current practice.

• Like 4

An important part of preparation for a smooth ride is the 'clearance of the nadis' or meridian channels. You will have what correspond to areas of tension which are created by excess energy and deficient energy. These directly correspond with trigger points, which can form around areas of overactive, excess energy, as well as areas of underactive energy. So correcting these imbalances in the myofascial system is a part of it, using massage, acupuncture, possibly chiropractic, as well as stretching and strengthening exercises. Another important method recommended in yogic literature is pranayama, which is supposed to be done daily for a period of at least half a year before awakening kundalini. The better pranayamas are things such as nadi shodhana or surya beda, which generate an internal heat, and help the clearance process. Anytime there is excess energy or heat felt in an area, this could be due to stagnant energy flows....the between the shoulder blades stuff you mentioned is common.

• Like 4

Manitou, a word of advise if I may to go slowly and don't rush this. A kundalini awakening can be very nasty, energy through the head and crown chakra is not always desirable or pleasant. You have plenty of good advice on this forum I am glad you have taken the time to ask and listen, good on you.

• Like 1

I just made a new discovery for dealing with blocked qi in the head, thought I'd share here in case it may benefit anyone. Its an odd one, but worked for me.

A couple of nights ago I had a lot of qi pressure in my head around my brow as I was trying to get to sleep. I remembered a documentary I watched about extreme Yogis where one of them had surgery under his tongue so he could reach his tongue back and up into his sinus.. This was so he could access "the nectar of the Gods" as he put it.

So I put my tongue to the roof of my mouth as I often do, but this time I extended the awareness of my tongue as if it were growing longer and felt it energeticaly move to the back of my throat and up past my sinus. There I tried to feel what it would be like if I were able to lick the area at the center of my head above the sinus, actually trying to feel as if my tongue were doing this, feeling the texture of the cranial bone with the awareness of the tip of my tongue...as I did this a huge amount of qi started pulsing down my head through my physical tongue, throat and front of my body, so much so that my throat began to physically pulse and twich ad the qi flowed through it.. One of the biggest and most dramatic releases yet. Will be trying more of this.

• Like 3

Thanks, HolderFold - sounds like a common sense approach.  I will definitely go to that one if this build-up happens again.  It's flowing normally now because of some visualizations and other techniques I've been doing.  But yours sounds like a very good one, and aligned with the qi flow.