zerostao

out in oregon

did the fbi and other law enforcement officers point blank gun down an american citizen who was in the act of surrendering, with hands raised in the air as eye witnesses report?

did the fbi and other law enforcement officers point blank gun down an american citizen who was in the act of surrendering, with hands raised in the air as eye witnesses report?

Fair question.  I read the article this morning but little was mentioned as they said they were not going to release any details until after the autopsy.  The plan was supposed to be to take them into custody.  Armed resistance?  And therefore the need to return fire?  I don't know.

If they did, while I would be sad, I would not be surprised... which is even more saddening.

The only surprising thing to me would be the fact that in this case the victim was a white middle aged guy.

• Like 1

where'd you get that? All I've seen so far is references to a "shootout".

where'd you get that? All I've seen so far is references to a "shootout".

yeah, thats the thing, the fbi said shootout and then there are conflicting ac"counts of what happened

the news source i saw with the conflicting report opposing fbi statement has vanished

and i can still find this  "Authorities did not describe precisely what happened next,"

I've read the person killed had said/bragged publicly he wouldn't be taken alive.  Most of the group were armed, if he went for a gun, I wouldn't be surprised that he was shot.  

I think law enforcement waited patiently so it wouldn't end violently.   Best laid plans..

• Like 2