Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

Dreaming of the Dead. Spirit encounters in the dreamtime...

I've been very blessed in my life to have many resoundingly deep and exquisitely loving relationships with many wonderful beings and not all of them were humans. 

I've now arrived at the point in my life where quite a few of these have died and released their body forms.

My dream life has always been extremely vivid, rich and lucid, from the age of four and throughout my entire life, I have two types of dreams.  The small dreams that are fluff and blather and non sequitur types that are often vivid, but don't pull much emotional/intellectual connection and are often forgotten quickly.

And then I have BIG dreams.  Dreams so intense, vivid and real that they often make many real life experiences pale by comparison and they can shape and change my fundamental perspective of life by the depth of their impact and I can recall every moment of them now as clearly as I can recall the birth of my son.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is scared to death... of death.  He always has been as far back as he can remember...  He fears that we are just obliterated on death. 

Based on one of my earliest experiences going out of body during a nightmare when I was four, I have never had a fear of death, inherently having the experience that my essential nature is not tied to the atoms of my body, no matter how fun they are to interact with...

My question is this... How often do you dream of the dead?  And when you do... is it significant?  or is it the same as when you dream of friends, loved ones, animals who are still alive?

He almost never remembers his dreams, but when he does, they are BIG ones and they usually help him out in his life with answers or support in his most difficult dealings.  However, he has never once dreamt of anyone who he knows who has died and this fuels his fear that there is no essence to us after death.  He is always very intrigued when I tell him of my big dreams that involve those I love who have released bodily form.

and so I've grown more curious to hear and pass along to my friend when next we speak, what sorts of experiences others have had, if you care to share...

• Like 1

Think it might be his fear that is keeping him from dreaming about, or remembering his dreams about those who have left their physical body? Perhaps asking where his fears about death arise from is a good place to start.

I have had dreams about people whom have passed on. In every instance that I can recall, they have been alive in the physical body I knew, their voices the same and their mannerisms were intact. That being said, I think that the pain associated with losing a loved one and fears surrounding death can keep you from dreaming about them. In my case, my mother, who passed away very unexpectedly and tragically, was someone I longed to dream of and to be visited by. It was years before I was able to dream of her, or at least remember dreams about her. This may not be the case for everyone, but only after I had let go of the grief and really let her memory move through me and be exemplified in my own life did I see her in a dream and hear her voice.

Much love.

• Like 3

Why the distinction?  When these beings appear to you, they are as alive as anybody you would encounter in your real life.  They are dead because they were once appearing in the physical world but now only in your dream world. 

I have never dream about spirits or guides until around 17 or 18, when I had my kundalini energy rising experiences, coming out from a dream state in which I was a Han dynasty warrior or Chi master.  That was how I learned about how to complete the microcosmic orbit.  Subsequently, I have spontaneous Kundalini energy rising experiences for 3 weeks straight.  The intense kind..the kind that burn your body up and could potentially making you crazy because of the amount of energy concentrated in the mind or head.  Hehehehe   Before, I had dreams about my childhood and how horrible they were.  That was it.

If your friend is scare about death, I would not even bother to tell him about the Tibetan Book of the Dead and the death bardo experience.  It would just freak him out more...because to successfully become liberated at death, one has to cultivate NOW, while still alive.  Heheheheheheee....   

Edited by ChiForce

I have also had very vivid dreams, chronic lucid dreaming and out of body experiences since I was about four years old. These all began to reduce when I was 18 and read a couple of books (on LD and OBE) -- interference of my overwrought intellect alas.

I still have LD and OBE now and then, and I definitely still have vivid dreams, 'visions' (when awake), and as you refer to them Big Dreams .

I've had lots of dreams related to people who were already dead. And my cat who had died.

I dreamed of my mother around the time she had died, though I didn't know it at the time. We had a long talk and she told me she was going. When I awoke, it was a strange feeling, that I simply 'accepted' this. I wasn't told she had died (I was 9) until the evening of the next day.

RC

Edited by redcairo

Sign in to follow this