taoguy

How do you SEE in the third eye?

I've realized that even when I got an Out-of-body experience, I would be blind. I could hear music and even understand that I was out-of-body, but it felt as if my third-eye was closed, or that I simply didn't know how to see through it.

How do you focus on that mental screen? 

I know there's some kind of mental screen, where I can see kaleidoscopic kind of patterns sometimes, or even figures or light or orbs. But I find it difficult to find it during meditation. Is it about softening the eyes?? Am I rejecting vision or something?

I tried looking in between the brows but I don't see anything. 

I'd love some help on how you see through your third eye. 

The "third eye" is a generalized term for mid-brain structures involved in imaging from/to vibration/waves faster than visible light.

It is a function related to perception.

Modern people are trained in making thought/idea associations moreso than perceptions.

So this "third eye" functionality has been generally marginalized.

As such, unfamiliar.

In favor of the recognition of psychological constructs.

Crafted by corporations and governments for their own purposes.

Thus the modern practice of selling "meditation" back to everyone.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Perhaps pay closer attention to and cherish more the aural perceptions. Hearing is generally a more profound sense than vision.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

Do not look upon the "third eye" as an alternate set of physical eyes. This idea would be more of simple clairvoyance and even then it is a self limiting viewpoint.

Your abilities in these regards will be much affected by a general capacity to neutrality. A great deal appears to be gained in concentrated effort but it is to a far greater extent found in the capacities of compassion and acceptance and in the dissipation of willfulness.

Clairvoyance is a small component of "third eye" though by no means a trivial one. It is unfortunately often a bus stop that one sits upon and is seized by the trophy it appears to be.

Look into the motivations you have for this gift - is it to help others - quite a prideful idea. Be honest with your prerogatives. It is not bestowed by high ideals - it unfolds into a setting of energies that move in very light inertia - nearer to or encompassing no inertia.

A position less stillness of awareness.

For clairvoyance look up topics on clairvoyance. Some place clairvoyance the same as third eye - it is a matter of definition.

Others would have Third Eye as far more vast and encompassing.

You are currently looking past the forest for the trees - and still immersed in the life of labels and grasp - settle into your practice and trust that this will come - do the hours on the cushion - commune with your great vehicle and its voice eyes and vision will clarify.

You are not overcoming the body - you are overcoming willfulness and your subjugation of all things imagined and otherwise.

Nothing is as it seems - yet it is here with you in every moment - completely familiar to you - you pass it on the way to futures and pasts.

See from the center of your head.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On January 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM, taoguy said:

I've realized that even when I got an Out-of-body experience, I would be blind. I could hear music and even understand that I was out-of-body, but it felt as if my third-eye was closed, or that I simply didn't know how to see through it.

How do you focus on that mental screen? 

I know there's some kind of mental screen, where I can see kaleidoscopic kind of patterns sometimes, or even figures or light or orbs. But I find it difficult to find it during meditation. Is it about softening the eyes?? Am I rejecting vision or something?

I tried looking in between the brows but I don't see anything. 

I'd love some help on how you see through your third eye. 

Why do you want to focus on the mental screen?

The mental screen is just that... a projection. You must drop the screen- do not become distracted by phenomena, by even essential shape or movement, these are still forms, projected forms.

To see with the third eye isn't about 'looking' with eyes or the force of will, it is about correct placement of natural energies and correct integrity in intention. If you crave the powers of sight, it is unlikely you will see. And if that sight does happen amidst your cravings, there can only be more delusion.

It is enough that people are deluded by all they see here in the mundane and can not understand. If you do not know what you ask for, then having more will only become a burden. There are a great many forces in this universe and there is safety in not knowing. 

And, there is also transcending the idea safety through Truthful understanding.

Realize too, that sight-gift and enlightened understanding, are not necessarily the same thing. One can have transcendent consciousness without psychic phenomena. In the end, psychic knowledge is just another layer of illusion if not realized through purity and clarity. It can be an aid to enlightened understanding but it is itself, not enlightenment and it is not a necessity.

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Small Fur said:

Why do you want to focus on the mental screen?

The mental screen is just that... a projection. You must drop the screen- do not become distracted by phenomena, by even essential shape or movement, these are still forms, projected forms.

To see with the third eye isn't about 'looking' with eyes or the force of will, it is about correct placement of natural energies and correct integrity in intention. If you crave the powers of sight, it is unlikely you will see. And if that sight does happen amidst your cravings, there can only be more delusion.

It is enough that people are deluded by all they see here in the mundane and can not understand. If you do not know what you ask for, then having more will only become a burden. There are a great many forces in this universe and there is safety in not knowing. 

And, there is also transcending the idea safety through Truthful understanding.

Realize too, that sight-gift and enlightened understanding, are not necessarily the same thing. One can have transcendent consciousness without psychic phenomena. In the end, psychic knowledge is just another layer of illusion if not realized through purity and clarity. It can be an aid to enlightened understanding but it is itself, not enlightenment and it is not a necessity.

Thank you for this, especially on elucidating how psychic knowledge is another illusory layer that does not necessarily mean enlightenment, because this has been bugging me for quite a while. It's very strange, but I realize that it could be simple activity of the brain's neurons as apart to the actual spirit. But it is certainly confusing when I see things like the inside of another person's house in a different time-space in deep-dreams, and all of these things. I've learnt to relinquish them and just treat them as having accidentally touched these dimensions.

I do not really crave psychic knowledge as much as I do liberation. When I was really young, I had thoughts of living an extremely simple life away from society as a cave-man, because I felt like the world was just an overly-sophisticated maze of man's craving, including economic-systems, mathematics, social sciences, so on and on, it was really overwhelming for me and it took me a while to assimilate into society. I still remain detached to society and understand fully how impermanent this life is, and how we inch closer to death at every point. I still remain lost however, so I really wish to seek that "truthful understanding" you mention.

• Like 2

There are quite a number of ways to train 3rd eye 'vision'. 

One way is by applying radical mindfulness. Basically what this means is that you have to reroute the ways you think, to watch everything you say, and respond to things in ways that are not contained within the spectrum of your 'normal' responses and habit patterns. For example, if you sleep on your back usually, then you have to sleep on your side, or belly down. If you eat 3 regular meals a day, decrease it to 1, or even increase it to 5 if thats your choice - quantity is not a factor; what is important is the imposition of drastic change. If your routine is doing hours of meditation a day, stop meditating completely. If you do only a little sitting meditation, increase it to 2-hour stretches, 3 times a day.. In short, just watch all your thoughts, speech and actions rising, pause for a few moments, think how you would normally react or respond, and then choose a different response. Do this for a couple of weeks at first, then maybe prolong it to a month, then 3 months, and so on.

It sounds rather easy, but really, it can be quite challenging, but fun too, as long as you dont go too hard on yourself. It has to contain an element of joy in it. Some of the people i know who do this practice keep a journal as some sort of reference and to record down their insights and inspirations, maybe the difficulties that comes up and how they feel around them, and most importantly, noting before/after dreams. The main purpose of this exercise is to uproot how your senses have been dictating your everyday life, and applying transformative methods to regain control over them. This is one of the most effective and safe starting point. 

• Like 4

On 1/24/2016 at 11:09 AM, Apeiron&Peiron said:

That is, before it would have a very physical quality; it'd be like an amassed energy in the region or it'd be like a sort of circular window with about a foot diameter or something. Then, after the first teleseminar, it wasn't something limited to my immediate physical body: it was a field which was able to extend outwards to around an arm-span's width. At this point, it was still something with a front-ward and forward orientation.

One easy way to do this is to move the heart energy into your nostrils and breathe in through the nostrils letting the flow of energy coalesce into the lungs, then use the heart chakra to fill the lungs with even more energy, then breathe out the mouth. Rinse and repeat, this works for me in filling my entire body with that energy.

How do you do it?

Think of the entire body and nervous system radiating throughout the spinal column as a kind of antennae which is arranged in a telescopic manner.  The idea of the "third eye" is typically mistaken as the entirety of the apparatus, rather than simply the aperture or lens of such a system.  Once you actually "see" in such a way, it is obviously clear - but trying to approach such clarity and understanding through a conceptual framework based on various ideas is almost always cause for obscurity instead.

Another thing to consider is the question of how a bald man would be able to braid his hair...  Just think about that for a while.

• Like 1

The third eye is about intuition and more.  Seeing is just one part of the ability.  It is possible to have the 3rd eye and open and still not be able to see, all the time.  It is possible to have visions without the 3rd eye open.

What is your goal?  Is it to open the 3rd eye or to have visions?  

• Like 2

In reference to a question someone asked regarding some of what they were "seeing" (which was fairly simple common images of people and not much more):

What is seen and experienced varies tremendously - it is highly influenced by the preparation of the student and the general level of frequencies that student is attuned with.

There is great wisdom in paying no attention to lower realms. And so wisdom in not reading much into what one sees. 

It is possible and somewhat indicated by the little you have described that it is simply visuals that have happened on a mundane level by similar frequencies sympathetic with your frequented patterns - a bit like a group of TV channels from different sources but with a common theme/energy - you can find yourself tuned into a channel you did not "choose".

Any assumption that such openings (siddhis) are accompanied by "special messages" and "Angels of light" and other such assumptions are simply assumptions - it is a highly individual experience and very much reflected in the work of the student and even the food one has recently been eating.

Much of what is seen in subtle sight is related to the frequencies of the person and the judgement / judging levels of the person. Neutrality governs this aspect more than any other - the more judgements the more a "feed" is presented while the less judgemental the more viewing occurs.

Everyone considers themselves to be relatively non-judgmental or that they possess this any time they choose to do so - nothing could be further from the truth.

It is also possible to confuse images such as those you described as simply dreams. 

In many high teachings you would be asked by your teacher to disregard these seeings and the teacher would note that you are in mundane frequencies and would monitor your progress through lower realm inclinations - in other words this appears to be more on the level of "street" vibrations.

And these levels really can be sometimes traced to simply what you ate or what you have been reading or watching on tv.

• Like 4

Continuing the conversation the person asked "how do you see / move to seeing in the higher realms"?:

It is "easier" - technically - than you might imagine:

People are addicted to their frequencies - introducing a generally higher set of frequencies is as simple as smiling inside your space - but this seems artificial even though it is a far more conscious choice than those we are addicted to and asleep in.

Changing the types of movies we choose - media we consume.

Fasting is one of the best ways to restore a finer and wider range of frequencies - and more natural cadence in everything.

This is a long term endeavor - and longer the older you are.

This is the main reason in Kung fu / Martial Arts movies a sincere student is made to do all sorts of tedious lowly work over and over again - to blow through the resentment, the ideas / possession of being more important, more worthy, smarter, faster, bigger, better. In the movies this appears to happen in only days or months - the reality is often a decade and then ongoing.

These are frequencies and all of our arguements and walls and judgements are the karma we are in - intentional suffering in order to break from these bonds is simple but very difficult because of the very real addiction to the former - every time the colored lenses are being taken off the other hand is putting them back on.

Even in sleep - the lenses are being re-arranged by the monkey mind

so it appears we are "doing" and changing but often we are simply being tricked by a shuffle of the same cards.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Aimed at Spotless but also any the experienced people- Have you successfully taught students to open up there third eye?  If so can you talk a little bit about the experience, yours and their's?  

I'm wondering such subject as.. length of time.. sudden epiphany or like 8 years.  Likewise specific gradual practices or more a paradigm shift..  In your opinions is getting it.. due partially to grace/temperament.. a few will, most won't, kind of thing. 

Edited by thelerner

I believe CT mentioned here or somewhere recently the technique of changing habits - mundane everyday habits.

It is a practice that is taught in many lineages:

Changing what side of the bed you get out of, which hand you use when brushing your teeth, etc. You change them until they become habits. It does not require a complete upending of all habits - it is to wake you up out of the sleep of habit.

A cold shower at the end of a shower is also helpful - a complete full long cold dousing not a quick shock but until you are not in resistance - then you turn off the shower and dry.

• Like 4

To expand the abilities we each have - including the capacities we all have regarding "second sight", "intuition", third eye, clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudience - in general it is a matter of practice.

We use them all the time - but we deny them to ourselves - the ego robs them away and takes credit for the accomplishments.

we also guard ourselves from the knowing certainty of them because of fears of becoming a nut case, "New Age" freak, or actual deluded person and not unlike someone on the sidewalk talking out loud to illusion, or spinning off into a "channel" for other beings as well as delusions of grandeur and Angel messaging. (Not saying these are not possible and could not be good - it is just that they are included in very real fears/precautions).

But with this said - there are many books and many groups that practice and teach subtle body subtle sense and the opening of clairvoyance. It does generally require a very wide playfulness and openness and all of the schools that I am familiar with and teachers in general from such schools tend to be somewhat off of the track seen in traditional lineages - some are very much off track. In general the more they talk of God and Angels the more they have derailed - often very considerably.

This is not to say "God and Angels" are bad - it is just that they tend to persuade the psyche toward delusional exciting implications and play into receptive egos and very false notions of "love". They also tend to create a very receptive environment for entities - whether false or real - and generally an adoration of them.

There is a good reason in ancient traditional lineage that these abilities should arise naturally and one should not be given over to  a big inflation of the ego because of their arising. However - if one is ardently practicing the basics - the basics - and let me repeat in case it is impossible to hear - the basics - then one will naturally become less apt to work to subjugate such abilities and constrict their unfolding. In fact everything in the Basics - once again - the Basics - will bring forth our subtle abilities.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Humans are based in position and willfulness - mat time - cushion time - chair time - standing time - this consistently breaks up these two sides of the same coin of the illusion which causes all pain and suffering. This is part of intentional suffering - consciously abiding in practice that allows for our Divine Natural Essence to BE amidst our sea of ridiculousness. Normally this is explained the other way around: to abide in silence and allow our thoughts and feelings to emerge and pass while we maintain awareness and Oneness in breath - (same thing).

Intentional suffering is practice that works to break down habit - unconscious living in futures past - positioned eliciting / response and identified willfulness.

All of this is being brought out because if one were to "open" the third eye - willy nilly - they would see not any more than the frequencies that they are IN allow them to see: 

If one is completely into Bikinis - then they will be looking at and seeing sex pictures at least more frequently than others.

If one is into Entities then they will see them far more often than most.

If one is rich in traditions of rapture and high spirits then one will see feel more of this.

It does not make one smarter or all seeing and it can bring one to many false conclusions and delusions - even correct ones.

The third eye for some offers clear seeing of futures - some are actual (possible) futures (that can be altered) and some are possible futures which are still not very solid. In a more concrete future it will happen exactly as seen - though it can be altered ahead of time.

Some may be able to see hear feel the thickness in the air, the lights and music, the vast energetic transmissions and the energetic lines humans have amongst themselves.

I remember seeing clearly what a saying taught to me did to me - a simple "nice" teaching:

"If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" - it was taught with the energy of - "if you can't see something nice don't see anything at all" 

Each of us has blind spots- things we were taught not to see, not to think about and that are not good or nice or that are Evil.

This may include many things one could see with the third eye but still cannot see because of impropriety, moral good, protection etc. We do not superceeed these blind spots and bias - it would immediately put most all people in a rubber room if we did not filter out according to our constrictions - the walls of our jails.

Opening of the third eye will basically vastly enhance our current seeing frequencies and some interesting side effects such as seeing those frequencies at a "distance", being able to do energetic things at a "distance" and see colors, a person's history in some cases - possibly see inside a tree or through the ground and walls. See the history of an area and watch it with wagons and horses and street cars and limousines- dirt roads to concrete - wooden structures to skyscrapers.

It takes time to unfold and the unfolding is endless.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I'm wondering such subject as.. length of time.. sudden epiphany or like 8 years.  Likewise specific gradual practices or more a paradigm shift..  In your opinions is getting it.. due partially to grace/temperament.. a few will, most won't, kind of thing. 

If you are doing such practices diligently you should probably expect a bit of both - gradual shifts as well as sudden openings.  Its not a one and done kind of thing.  The subtle body has far more layers of complexity than the physical, as it is primarily sourced from materials that are not limited to this physical lifetime alone.  

The "subjective" experience of a functional and active Anja chakra can be wildly different across any given number of people.  So is the depth and speed of the opening process itself, which can also vary considerably along the process as a whole.  While Id say its possible someone could seek to "open the third eye" and not actually achieve it, this would be something I consider to be a lack of discipline, lack of effort, lack of desire, etc. etc - or a situation where they were forced to give up on it at some point for whatever reason (like death, etc.).  If you are seriously committed to these kinds of practices and focused on this particular thing as a certain goal to achieve, its eventually going to happen - but it could take many years or even decades (or longer...).

A sudden opening experience may or may not be a radical change - sometimes its a small change that happens suddenly.    And a big change can happen gradually, or it can happen suddenly as well.  Many changes will happen.  But yeh I doubt there is a common pattern beyond the full range of variety that people experience... as we are talking about the flowering of uniqueness itself in some respects.  Its like asking about the shape of snowflakes - they are all similar, but different, but they are all unique in the same way.  The base configuration or the starting point is usually quite different for each person.  However there is often a resonance effect where a student is energetically (intuitively, emotionally, etc.) attracted to teachers that are of a similar character and configuration - which makes the entire learning/teaching process much more natural and auspicious.  This is somewhat related to that cliche phrase "when the student is ready the teacher appears".

In regards to the first part of your question, I have strong personal reservations against the institutionalization of these sorts of teachings for a number of reasons.  The master-apprentice model seems best - and its not broke so dont fix it.  But, as always - to each their own.  And yes, any implication of a 2-way street is also an applicable assessment.  Both people are learning many new things from the process, not just the "student".  Also, if we picture the teaching/learning situation as climbing a stairway of increasing understanding, there is a definite principal in effect regarding evolutionary matters whereby you cannot move on until you have successfully placed someone on the step you currently occupy.

• Like 3

One's third eye may open considerably and here is an example of what is not seen then possibly later seen:

Many with the third eye open do not see auras very clearly and not at all with the eyes open - this may change.

One might see someone with a nice aura that shimmers sometimes when they speak - this can look pretty cool and beautiful and they conclude that speaking is exciting to that person and validates them.

Later they come to see that when this shimmering takes place in a person speaking the person is usually lying when this happens.

Once I was in tune with electrical bouncing charges poping off within my body and later realized it was the impulses of shivering. I might have become frightened by this or come up with all sorts of speculation but simply saw / felt it for what it was and that it came to me on its own. 

I once was looking at someone for medical reasons and all I could see were tomatoes - it was distracting and so I put it aside and continued. Finally when asked about what I was seeing I decided to ask them a strange question - "first I wanted to ask kind of a strange question but is something going on with Tomatoes?"

The person just about fell out of her chair in laughter and explained that in their backyard they had every sort of tomato in existence growing. That they were canning tomatoes, drying tomatoes, stewing tomatoes, making jellies and jams and all things tomatoes!

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Ooh I like eye techniques. I know bewitching eyes, the evil eye, and sight. The first 2 I learned studying curses.

How to charm and entrance through the eyes.

How to harm through the eyes.

I would say clairvoyance and the ability to see spirits is not directly linked to the 3rd eye. I know because my training involved refining my senses.

I would say that the third eye is more like on your energy body, for advanced practices. Different cultures attach different functions to it.

Edited by Emera