Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

tech problems

I cant get in through the main forum  index , I lost my personal link, cant get through to admin or tech forum to post 

This was the only gateway in via a google search ( and several links didnt work)

in all cases of not connecting I get 

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

← Return to the index

This happened some months back and also affected others  .  Sean asked me then about it and  I was getting the same message then.  

? ? ? 

Still stuck ... cant get to the index board  and cant log in to it either

38 views ... no comments ?

No help ?  No suggestion ?

I would put it in tech issues if I could get in there .  

Thanks ...  I do use chrome ..... that suggestion seems to have fixed it .

Thanks guys . 

motivation_incompetence.jpg

I use system cleaners like CCleaner, System Ninja, Advanced System Care... 

Despite that some of them claim to empty the browser cache... the problem persisted for me.

So I did go into the actual browser and used its internal "clearing" methods.

I still dont know what that means    :unsure:

You web browser saves (caches) a variety of content for future use. Some of it is to make pages open faster (for instance, it may save some pictures so that it doesn't have to download them again the next time you visit a site) and some are for convenience (for instance, many sites want to leave a "cookie" on your computer with some information about your previous visits so they don't have to ask you stuff or remember details about you).

This site seems to occasionally store corrupted cached data related to thread indexing (I think) so that a visitor seems to be witnessing a database problem on the web server but it is actually broken "temporary data" on the visitor's computer. In these cases, clearing this cached information from the browser forces the browser to pull that information down fresh again instead of just reusing busted stuff and giving an error message.

• Like 2

Thanks ... and is 'clear browsing history'  clearing this cached information from the browser  ?  

If not how do I do it  ?  ... I guess so, as the page I do that on has   'cached images and files' and a 'cookies and plugin data' boxes ticked , for  deletion.  

Sign in to follow this