corpus

My Interpretation of Mo Pai

Hello fellow truth seekers. 

For about 2 years now I have been reading about Mo Pai and its teachings according to Kosta and Jim. I really like the fact they were given permission to write about the basic concept of Mo Pai. It was a fascinating read however it lacked details on how to actually achieve level 1-3. The story and tales were something worth the time to read and I would like to thank both of you for writing the books.

My experience: 

For a year I experimented on the reverse breathing and normal breathing to fill up my dan Tien and for my own surprise it didn't take me too long to fill it up. I use reverse breathing daily whether I am at work or at home its like second nature to me now. I also smoke cigarettes while I reverse breathe. In regards to meditation I do it twice a day for about 45 minutes while listening to 936Hz solfeggio frequency audio, it really gets me into a trance within 5 minutes. 

In my own experience I found that it doesn't really take 48 hours to fill up a Dan Tien, its all about how much effort is put towards the practice. My Dan Tien becomes full in about a week i would roughly say 8 hours of meditation with constant reverse breathing. 

There's also something I stumbled across few months ago and would like to have an Input from my fellow practitioners. During meditation I had a thought about how to keep Yang energy in its solid (air) form constant within the lower portion of my body. The solution I came up with is something that really buzzes me, as I have been using it ever since I was a kid without knowing I could actually apply it towards my own development. I am pretty sure most of us have done this and please don't judge me for what I am about to say. 

Technique: 

While sitting in a Lotus position, i start reverse breathing and focus my attention towards my Dan Tien. While focusing on my Dan Tien during my (mouth) exhalation I inhale Yang from my Anus and store it within my Dan Tien. I cannot explain exactly how I do it, but its pretty easy once you get used to it. The yang i just inhaled from my anus i used it fully and compress it into my Dan Tian. Depending how long it takes you I repeat the process 3 times during meditation and by the time I finish normally you would expect a big fart but in reality our body just absorbs the yang into that particular area you focus on. 

I would like to have someone try this technique and give me your input what sort of effect you feel from it. The breathe in from anus can also be used for a lot of hours and throughout the time it gets absorbed by the body. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

corpus,

Thank you for sharing your practice, but I think you are doing a disservice to everyone else by trying to pass this off as mopai. This has nothing to do with mopai. If this works for you and you enjoy it I think that is wonderful, but in the end you will lead others astray telling them this is mopai. Best Wishes.

Edited by dayzhaze

I'm hoping for someone to write a serious diary style thread on their Mo Pai practice.  How what they've read influences what they're doing.  How they've brought the different sources together.   Hopefully people would mostly listen and learn without being critical and turning it into the usual arguments.

Matter of fact I like seeing that for most any art and the Personal Discussion area is good for that because it allows the owner to erase posts that aren't on topic.  It's good to read and perhaps even better for the writer.  In the act of writing, like teaching, you end up learning more then when you started. 

• Like 4

I'm hoping for someone to write a serious diary style thread on their Mo Pai practice.  How what they've read influences what they're doing.  How they've brought the different sources together.   Hopefully people would mostly listen and learn without being critical and turning it into the usual arguments.

Matter of fact I like seeing that for most any art and the Personal Discussion area is good for that because it allows the owner to erase posts that aren't on topic.  It's good to read and perhaps even better for the writer.  In the act of writing, like teaching, you end up learning more then when you started. 

I´d love to see such a writeup of a MoPai practice too. In my opinion, those kind of practice journals are one of the most valuable parts of Taobums. Takes courage though as it can be personal.

• Like 2

@corpus - thank you for sharing your experiences, you're quite possibly the first to pique my curiosity about the book. I'm glad you found something useful in it.

The breathe work you describe isn't anything exotic or esoteric, and certainly not limited to any one school. How are you planning to advance along the path?

• Like 1