Everything

Mystery or contradiction?

You know I like all things mysterious because I am a curious person. Maybe too clever for my own good. We all know that curiosity killed the cat.

Islam is headlines everyday in news and I became curious about it so I did research about it and asked some scholars around. I came across this mysterious word in Arabic. Its called "l-qayumu" and it means "the Sustainer of existance." Muslims believe that Allah is the Sustainer of existance. There is a contradiction there that reminds me of the yin yang symbol. Trying to merge two opposing forces always leads to war. They believe ofcourse that Allah is exalted. So exalted that Allah actually exalts Himself out from existance, no longer exists, and becomes the sustainer of existance. The contradiction is that Muslims believe that Allah the non existant actually exists. However my understanding leads me to think that non existance is actually non existant and that black and white is the result of contrast which only serves as an existing focusing mechanism. But in Dao we believe that non-existance sustains existance. Right? I find both foolish. Because non-existance contradicts its own meaning. If you look at black and you zoom in you will Always see white. The white dot in the black of yin yang. Or zoom in to black space and you will see a billion of white stars. So my conclusion is there is no sustainer of existance because such a sustainer has to exists and by definition MUST BY LAW of existance be in full submition to existance. If Allah is indeed non existance and suchAllah is Non-Existance. The contradiction is that Muslims believe that Allah exists.

What is your take on this. A terrorising contradiction or unsolvable mystery?

• Like 1

For me it depends on what is meant by non-existence. Is it one of those underlying layers that pre-exists our modern material realm, or something else? And if it is just one of these layers that is closer to the root, then is there something saying there cannot be a shaping there?

When one ascends all the way in daoism, some classics say one returns to the 3 islands and ten continents to live out one's days in the realm of the jade emperor, buddha, lao zi, and all the other immortals.

I won't pretend to really understand this. But if this is the case, I can't say that these beings or this realm isn't a part of the non-existence that nurtures existence.

But I'd agree that non-existence doesn't seem like the most descriptive word for all of this.

It all comes from the same place which is Ancient Greece and the philosophy of Plato.

Plato believed in a world of perfect forms which we could never know. This perfect world of forms imparted their perfection upon the imperfect world that we inhabit.

The Christian God is regarded as omniscient, omnipotent and the creator. Beyond our world, but creator of it.

Not really that different.