Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

The evil grin

Been possibly noticing a phenomenon lately.

Does anyone ever experience a possible evil grin, maybe not physically, when they think of something that could be evil or wicked?

Mr-Burns-evil-grin-530x298.jpg

Could observing oneself, and if they are making this grin when they make decisions help them follow an authentic spiritual path?

Are there any spiritual traditions that teach to observe oneself within the context of making seemingly unnoticeable gestures, such as the feeling of an evil grin, with regards to following truth?

Edited by MooNiNite

Yeah, I experienced one of those wicked grins about a month ago.

I knew something was coming but wasn't sure what.  About two weeks later I found out.  The issue still isn't resolved but is being worked on.

Body language is generally pretty telling.  But not always.

Live and learn.

• Like 2

By the time emotions trigger thoughts which trigger an evil grin, one is usually going down hill too fast to take conscious action.   Probably better to cut it off early at the emotion or thinking stage. 

There is an Indian (India) tradition of wearing stiff uncomfortable clothes which act as a constant reminder to keep upright and attentive.  Similarly in the Jewish tradition you wear a hat to always be aware of God, and in the case of the orthodox your clothes are like a uniform, always reminding you of a strict code of conduct. 

• Like 1

' Evil grin '  is one of my tactic .... if I go into a match with it , the other can become over cautious  or nervous. 

Also I used 'overly casual' as well , a slumped stance with the sword held down and sideways. 

'Leering confidence' is another , similiar to 'overly casual'  but the sword held down and back  and the head thrust forward to invite attack .

(Its okay, they are wooden swords  ;)

But 'evil grin'  (with a touch of insanity )   does seem to  disturb the opponent the best   ;)

sworddoom-nakadai.jpg

• Like 3

Ah yes ... remember though there is one look that defeated him .... its actually the best look , and recently, I avoided a rather potentially nasty dust up, just by  'pointing it' at the offender   

What would you call that look ....  supreme confidence  ?  

Maniac draws the first   2 inches of sword  out .... that look ....   ummmmm  <thinks> ...  sword goes back in     (of course it helps if the other has  just watched you single handedly dispatched a gang of armed murderers   ;)  ) 

But even Supreme Confidence often does not work because there are many who think they are so good at overwhelming others who will go forward anyhow.  This is when the sword must be fully unsheathed.

if you were an alien in space and picked up an old TV broadcast of Hitler smiling at and playing with his German Shepard's you might think he was a nice guy....

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Hitler might not have been as evil as everyone believes. 

Perspective. 

That's possible but for sure he wasn't as good as some believe he was.

• Like 1

A pistol trumps an evil grin.

I raise you  3 knives and a look of disdain . 

( a really disdainy look of disdain too .... just like Apech's cat ! ) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I raise you 3 knives and a look of disdain .

( a really disdainy look of disdain too .... just like Apech's cat ! )

Yes, well...

That's what a shotgun is for.

That's possible but for sure he wasn't as good as some believe he was.

Why spend time and energy transporting Jews all across the country and put them into camps.If you're just going to kill them.

The USA did the same to the Japanese. Except the USA supply lines didn't get destroyed.

Guess who would starve to death first if they did though? The Japanese. 

Yep.  I won't deny that the USA has done some pretty bad things throughout its history.  We did ti to the Native Americans, we did it to the Blacks, and we are still doing it right now to the Arabs.

And Chinese and Russian history isn't very pretty either.

Evil is evil.  Hard to rate the depth of it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this