Sign in to follow this  
 ZenStatic

Balancing energy in weight loss...

So, I am in the process of losing a lot of weight, almost 40 lbs down at this point. The very specific diet I am on has me eating almost exclusively meat, cheese and eggs. I know my energy is out of whack, because I stay pretty stressed out and angry a lot. Any help anyone can offer on getting some balance?

Congrads on the weight loss.  Ketosis and/or Paleo diet?  

I'm no expert or good example, but there many vegetables that are low carb and acceptable in either systems.  If you're close to succeeding at the weight you want to be, consider taking some cheat meals or days to rebalance.  

Maybe you can add some greens.  Salads.. how about roasted vegetables?  They can be very satisfying and what can be more grounding then some root vegetables?  Roasted or pan fried Shitake mushrooms can be nicely meatlike.  

• Like 1

Congrads on the weight loss.  Ketosis and/or Paleo diet?  

I'm no expert or good example, but there many vegetables that are low carb and acceptable in either systems.  If you're close to succeeding at the weight you want to be, consider taking some cheat meals or days to rebalance.  

Maybe you can add some greens.  Salads.. how about roasted vegetables?  They can be very satisfying and what can be more grounding then some root vegetables?  Roasted or pan fried Shitake mushrooms can be nicely meatlike.  

If I have my information correct, it is more a matter of my yin and yang being outbalanced that I need to work on. Being that the ketogenic diet creates more body heat, I would (in my novice eyes) think that there is too much yang going on.

• Like 1

Congratulation on your weight loss!

If you are on this program under the advisement of a physician, I suggest you contact them. Something is definitely amiss.

Carbohydrates in the form of fruits and vegetables are essential; they provide vitamins and minerals for proper body function. Try adding in green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, and swiss chard which are high in B vitamins and it should help quite a bit with everything you have mentioned. Even salads with green or red leaf lettuce and fresh spinach with some fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice is a nice addition. You should be able to eat almost 6 cups a day of any of these with out worry (not that anyone would). Also, and, at the very least, incorporate a good multi-vitamin to help add what is lacking from your current diet. Oh, and lots of water.

A little light exercise can do great for mood elevation and releasing stress and anger too.

I wish you all of the best, and again, great job!

Much love.

Hi!

From another point of view: If you are losing weight your body might think you are starving. As a survival strategy, your body is mobilizing energy for you to go out and forage for food.

If you take long walks, the frustration that leads to anger might transform into a reward instead, because you will follow the natural flow/activity of your system.

I agree on the vitamins, vitamins and water will probably ease the process.

Good luck!

Edited by Mudfoot

So, I am in the process of losing a lot of weight, almost 40 lbs down at this point. The very specific diet I am on has me eating almost exclusively meat, cheese and eggs. I know my energy is out of whack, because I stay pretty stressed out and angry a lot. Any help anyone can offer on getting some balance?

When I dropped 40+ lbs I had a hard time finding the correct frequency. The energy was very light and floating. But still that's not necessarily a bad thing. However as we lose weight I think it also frees up emotional junk that's stored in our body. That could explain your turmoil. Just practice everyday, do standing meditation, Taijiquan form practice and if you can two person practice. Focusing on listening to my practice partners' energies and moving/flowing helped deal with other issues that surfaced as a result of the weight loss.

Hi ZenStatic, I lost 20 lbs in 3 months by following Dr.Berg guidelines which makes sense a lot to me since I had immediate results.

If you have stress issues you have adrenal problems so you may want to follow an adrenal type diet, you need to increase a lot of vitamin C and probably some herbs that recover adrenals.

If you have anger issues then you have a liver problem as well so after you recover the adrenals follow the liver type diet to cleanse your liver naturally. There are many receipts out there that you can use but these guidelines are spot on:

If you don't know which body type you are then watch this:

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this