Sign in to follow this  
KundaliniLinguini

Tension Behind Eyes

I have been meditating for hours per day for 2 years now and there is still the sensation of being an "observer" or "looker" behind the eyes and a ton of tension. The breath does not make it into this tension bubble where the looker resides. I am defeated I have no idea how to dissolve this delusion.

Could you explain your meditation method?

With this brief description, everyone here will tell you to focus on the lower dan tian.

Edited by Cheshire Cat
  • Like 1

Maybe a more physical solution could help.  A few gi gung styles include rubbing the hands together vigorously until they're warm (or hot) then pressing them (bottom of palms) gently but firmly against your closed eyes til the hands cool and the eyes relax. 

It feels good.  Seems to relieve tension.  I find the more 'juice' I have the hotter my hands get.  Afterwards there's a general light 'washing the face' movements done with the hands. 

• Like 2

I have been meditating for hours per day for 2 years now and there is still the sensation of being an "observer" or "looker" behind the eyes and a ton of tension. The breath does not make it into this tension bubble where the looker resides. I am defeated I have no idea how to dissolve this delusion.

The one who wants to dissolve the delusion is the delusion itself.

You can't wash blood from your hands with more blood.

Without knowing anything about your system or practice, I would say that there is an opportunity here to let go.

Let go of the desire to dissolve the delusion.

Let go of the need to be free from the observer. 

Be aware of the one who has these desires, just notice that tendency, and release it.

Just let everything be exactly as it is - the tension, the looker, the one who wants to get rid of the looker.

They are all empty manifestations of energy, let them go and simply rest, and they will gradually weaken.

• Like 6

The one who wants to dissolve the delusion is the delusion itself.

You can't wash blood from your hands with more blood.

Without knowing anything about your system or practice, I would say that there is an opportunity here to let go.

Let go of the desire to dissolve the delusion.

Let go of the need to be free from the observer. 

Be aware of the one who has these desires, just notice that tendency, and release it.

Just let everything be exactly as it is - the tension, the looker, the one who wants to get rid of the looker.

They are all empty manifestations of energy, let them go and simply rest, and they will gradually weaken.

Profound! Love this.

Thank you, Steve.

:)

• Like 1

You correctly describe it as the sensation of being an observer. The mind then infers that it's a subject of some kind. What I've found useful is instead of trying to dissolve it, recognize it for what it is: just another object with no special significance. Over time, perhaps the search for an observer will stop turning it up as a viable candidate....

• Like 1

You correctly describe it as the sensation of being an observer. The mind then infers that it's a subject of some kind. What I've found useful is instead of trying to dissolve it, recognize it for what it is: just another object with no special significance. Over time, perhaps the search for an observer will stop turning it up as a viable candidate....

Yes! You hit the nail on the head.

KL, if you're aware of something, it's just another experience, not self or self's. A self apart from experience makes no sense either. Therefore... B)

self will be always there. Even tractor has its own feeling, it goes back all the way into your body and you could meditate on it then as pure signal or consciousness.

Sign in to follow this