Sign in to follow this  
dawei

Steward Rotation, Update, Upgrade

The Steward position was an interesting addition to levels of staff but has been difficult to define an overall useful role.  The main role went to the Welcome Stewards and the rest were kind of custodians of the forum/sub-forums to be an extension of staff eyes and ears.  The Stewards have access to an additional area which the mods can also participate in.

Currently, mods do the Welcome role because of the need to verify registration; in the past that required two people: A steward Welcomer to be the messager of approvals and a mod to verify the registration.

What I would like to is try a change to the Steward position as follows:

1. The staff welcomer will be a Steward with elevated permissions to do the two steps themselves so that the mods do less.  I have talked with Marblehead, who did the Welcome in the past, to do this job.  He has agreed. 

2. TO request volunteers to be Stewards who would be more of a 'voice for the membership' or 'advocacy for issues'.   In other words, I'd like Stewards who are willing to raise issues they see and hear and discuss them with staff. 

For this, I would like to have volunteers.  And I hope that some of the female members would consider this as it is not tied to any mod level decision making and moderation.  It is more a voice.

I would like to effect a Steward rotation around next weekend which depends on volunteers who want to help support TDB on a very small level.

• Like 5

This is genius!

More involvement of women with TDB staff would be great. Everyone knows men and women see things differently from time to time. Having both male and female perspectives can be rather refreshing and eye opening when dealing with issues and/or advocacy. I also see this as a great way for anyone who has not had any moderation experience to "dip their toes in the water" rather than to "dive in head first".

Really interested to see what some of the other women here think about this model and if they would be willing to help out.

I am pretty busy with work these days, maybe in a few weeks, if there is still a need for volunteers, I would be willing.

Much Love.

• Like 1

This is genius!

More involvement of women with TDB staff would be great. Everyone knows men and women see things differently from time to time. Having both male and female perspectives can be rather refreshing and eye opening when dealing with issues and/or advocacy. I also see this as a great way for anyone who has not had any moderation experience to "dip their toes in the water" rather than to "dive in head first".

Really interested to see what some of the other women here think about this model and if they would be willing to help out.

I am pretty busy with work these days, maybe in a few weeks, if there is still a need for volunteers, I would be willing.

Much Love.

Thank you.   I do hope this is an avenue for female members to be involved without really being responsible to deal with board issues.   I foresee this group as simply giving more direct opinions in a staff area where they can talk among themselves and with the Admin/Mods.

• Like 1

At this point, there are two new Stewards who will do actual staff work:

1. Marblehead will be the Steward Welcomer and have low level access to check the registration.

2. Brian will be a Steward with access to do additional checks and verification of the registration.

This will keep their tasks to registration and Welcome and the Mod's tasks to the board issues.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this