Sign in to follow this  
AussieTrees

Aurora Alert

AURORA ALERT: Delayed imagery from SOHO has revealed a CME that left the sun on Jan. 15, propelled by the eruption of a magnetic filament in the sun's southern hemisphere. NOAA storm tracks suggest that the CME could deliver a weak glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on Jan. 19th. Arctic sky watchers should be alert for auroras after nightfall on Tuesday. Solar flare alerts: text or voice.

Not so good with abbreviation,CME=Coronal Mass Ejection?

http://spaceweather.com/

post-112539-0-99136400-1453030676_thumb.jpeg

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

post-112539-0-93235000-1453030912_thumb.jpegFilament Eruption on 14 Jan 2016

published: Friday, January 15, 2016 21:17 UTC

A filament eruption was observed taking off just south of center disk late on 14 Jan 2016. The resulting partial-halo CME was observed in coronagr

Edited by AussieTrees
  • Like 1

Yes, CME is coronal mass ejection. A direct hit by a large mass could be a very bad thing.

• Like 2

While I'm generally a skeptic on things, it might be a good idea to unplug ones computers and expensive electronics?  At some point investing in a portable generator might make sense.  Or even blowing a bigger amount on a natural gas generator that automatically kicks in could provide a whole lot of comfort.. 

Doing a little research, I get a mixed messages on unplugging electronics and a whole lotta conspiracy theories.   The bottomline seems to be maybe, maybe not.  With my minute or two of research pointing more towards maybe not, with many thing depending on intensity of the strike.

If a perfect solar storm struck Earth, would turning off and unplugging all electronics save them from being damaged during the destructive power surge?
2 Answers
-82e1ef04abb5137a.png
Ceirion Jones, Degree level studies
No. An EMP or Electromagnetic Pulse causes destruction through magnetic induction. The rapidly moving magnetic field causes currents to flow in conductors. The longest conductors of course being power lines. However, induction will happen in any conductor - wires, printed circuit boards etc, and so sensitive electronic components, such as the front end of radios and televisions are likely to be harmed. Satellites would be harmed and so on. You can design in some protection to EMP by using a component such as a varistor, which short circuits the current pulse. But most commercial equipment does not do this.
  • Like 3

I see ... so I need to attach a ring of these to my tinfoil hat  .... thanks !    :)

TSVSuntanVaristor.jpg

• Like 3

Oh , by the way , some people have collated high emf fluctuations and disturbances with rad mental states , effects in the temporal lobe, etc 

So expect a flurry of ' those sort ' of posts   ;)  

• Like 1

I see ... so I need to attach a ring of these to my tinfoil hat  .... thanks !    :)

TSVSuntanVaristor.jpg

Hi Nungali,

What sought of hat pin is that?

You can design in some protection to EMP by using a component such as a varistor, which short circuits the current pulse. 

(post # 5 ) 

( Not recommended for the performance of Ku Sanku ) 

• Like 1

Oh , by the way , some people have collated high emf fluctuations and disturbances with rad mental states , effects in the temporal lobe, etc 

So expect a flurry of ' those sort ' of posts   ;)  

Hi Nungali,

Abbreviations

"high emf fluctuations"

Does this translate to,electrical magnetic fluctuations fluctuations?

Hi Nungali,

Abbreviations

"high emf fluctuations"

Does this translate to,electrical magnetic fluctuations fluctuations?

electro-magnetic field fluctuations 

the ground sourced ones can play havoc with sensitive equipment , a friend had problems in the field, while on various locations around around the country, some places his equipment worked fine, other places not as good, he insisted it wasnt the equipment, the others at work doubted him.  I suggested this, and now he agrees. In certain locations the equipment works fine, but no in others.

Now he uses mining maps to be able to see what going on in different places. 

NSWTMIRTP.png

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

boingboing

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/01/tinfoil-hats-actually-amplify.html

While the MIT guys’ tongue-in-cheek conclusion—“the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC”—maybe goes a few steps too far, their study at least shows that foil helmets fail at, and even counteract, their intended purpose. That, or the students are aliens or government agents who fabricated these results in an effort to get you to take your perfectly functional helmet off…

April 28, 2012 - 12:02pm

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12632/can-foil-hat-keep-people-or-aliens-reading-your-thoughts

post-112539-0-21728700-1453070315_thumb.jpeg

Edited by AussieTrees
  • Like 1

Its okay ... I put holes in my tinfoil hat so it  wont work as good   :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this