Sign in to follow this  
3bob

how much rope does mankind get

how much rope does mankind get or get to make to hang itself and other life-forms, before "that which is against the Tao soon ceases to be"?  And where does that which "soon ceases to be" go since it to is within the One?  Btw, I like the idea of turning that hanging rope into a saving rope.

Did cows lasso, herd, and domesticate themselves?

Did humanity?

Did humanity design birth management so as to reduce its own intelligence?

Did humanity dumb itself down with toxic food and chemicals?

These people all around us in the world today - did they design and create this?

Or did they just work for it without a clue as to what they were doing?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

I think the following also comes into play: 

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

• Like 1

I think the following also comes into play: 

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

:) 

• Like 3

It is hard for people to find truth, much less rest in it.

The legal title of "person" (or "citizen") does not require a fully intelligent or even fully human being to inhabit that role.

They can be quite diminished yet still function correctly for corporations.

They can be quite altered from what nature produces.

And they certainly are.

-VonKrankenhaus

a good sage can write words in the air that are more solid than stone....

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

the op also brings into question the meaning and action of often used term of "free will" ... I'd say will is completely relative at completely variable levels up to a point.. thus not really a "free" and totally independent will; A sort of exception would be for a being to have a definite choice or will to choose their response to the situations they are in, which is not the same as  having a free will or being-ness that is independent of and unaffected by such situations...for if that was the case there would be quadrillions of independent and equally "Great" Tao's running around and or against each other whenever it suited their independent and unconnected Ways.

Edited by 3bob

It would be easier if certain groups didn't manipulate things in negative direction all the time.

But then if no negativity appeared we wouldn't be able to see our faults so clearly so it has its uses

• Like 1

...besides good and evil is the main game in town and almost everyone has to paly... which in a way seems a form of evil itself yet if it doesn't kill you it could make you stronger. There is also a way out which is beyond good and evil but it's not so commonly known which is why some say billions of us are on a battlefield between good and evil.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

...besides good and evil is the main game in town and almost everyone has to paly... which in a way seems a form of evil itself yet if it doesn't kill you it could make you stronger. There is also a way out which is beyond good and evil but it's not so commonly known which is why some say billions of us are on a battlefield between good and evil.

I love it when someone beside myself quotes Nietzsche.

no quotations marks there per-se although I can see some stretch marks  :P

Yeah, I know.  But still, two sentences, two borrows.  You did very well.

I don't see much reason or  logic in either atheism or religious fanaticism,  I do see variations of agnosticism as being very reasonable and logical in their nature.  Btw, I also see any form of anarchy that is against the Tao (with Tao being a "natural" authority) as that which "will soon cease to be"...

• Like 1

I don't see much reason or  logic in either atheism or religious fanaticism,  I do see variations of agnosticism as being very reasonable and logical in their nature.  Btw, I also see any form of anarchy that is against the Tao (with Tao being a "natural" authority) as that which "will soon cease to be"...

Well, you are a spiritual person.  I wouldn't expect otherwise regarding your view of Atheism or religious fanaticism.

However, you might reconsider your view of Anarchy.  I know that there are bad examples of Anarchy but I too dismiss them as being against the Way of Tao.  But 99.9~% of those are not really Anarchists but rather violent people trying to force their will on others.

Rule one of anarchy is that we must allow others the same freedom as we demand for our self.

• Like 1

Hello MH, Many native/tribal people who once lived or presently live in natural areas had or have troubles following the #1 rule or ethic that you mentioned above  -  so I wonder what kind of success earlier and or present day anarchists have had in doing so considering most of them live under some type of government? (unless they are living in a semi invisible (off the grid) type of isolation that may or may not be right in the midst of the everything going on)  Meaning its pretty hard to not be under the laws or rules of the land, at least to some extent even if one mostly off the grid.

Edited by 3bob

Yeah, but then I never said it would be easy to do.  I still have work to do with this.  And then too, who am I to set standards for others just because they seem to be good standards for me?

I doubt that true anarchy was ever very popular or effective throughout the age of man.  It doesn't ever work well with other species of animals.

But I do know that whenever I practice my anarchist ideals I never have conflicts with others.  It is mostly when I have placed my expectations on others and they violate my expectations that I have conflicts.

However, I'm not going to run off and live in a cave.  I don't go out much anymore so I am mostly at peace as there is no one to have conflicts with.

• Like 1

Yeah, I could see anarchy (with the golden rule aspect) being workable if all parties were close to being equal in most ways... but things do get rather complicated with human beings!  (like and considering limited resources, expansion of population, roles for individuals and groups, climate conditions, many beliefs and cultures, etc..)

• Like 1

Yeah, there are all kinds of limiters that prevent anarchy from working well within any society.  It would pretty much have to be societies as described in Chapter 80 of the TTC.

As you mentioned, too many, too much, too little and too few of many things in today's world.

Sign in to follow this