:D

I tried the vid ... and thought ... so ?

Then I  looked out the window ... where there is a tree fern..........    :blink:

Didn't work for me.  I must be brain dead.

Hey tell us something we didn't know already hahaha :)

• Like 1

Sorry, what happened with it? Guess I am pretty slow...

The after effect makes things look trippy .... you know   LSD-ey  

• Like 1

The after effect makes things look trippy .... you know   LSD-ey  

Thanks. Guess I am just too boring... :)

• Like 1

Interesting !  Its supposed to be just an after image caused by 'visual mechanics'  , I thought  it would happen to everyone. (Did you switch to full screen ? ) 

Looks like a psychological component is present as well  ?   Thats very present in  pareidolia ....  but it shouldn't be in an 'optical illusion. 

Things like magic eye are a bit different ... its to do with how one focuses one's vision, so you have to make a physical change in the way you view. 

heart ;

4.jpg

Edited by Nungali

It's just a mechanical thing.  The brain finally adapted to what it was initially receiving from the eyes but didn't stop when information changed.  Or brain tricks us a lot, especially regarding visual input but hearing as well I would think.

Thats what I thought - mechanical ... so why  dont it work on you  .... can you see the heart in the rose picture  ^  ?

There is no heart in the rose picture.

Sometimes that stuff works on me and sometimes it doesn't.  I have no idea why this is so.

• Like 2

There is no heart in the rose picture.

Sometimes that stuff works on me and sometimes it doesn't.  I have no idea why this is so.

Agreed. Maybe if I imagine one... :)

• Like 1

Agreed. Maybe if I imagine one... :)

Yeah.  And when you get a handle on that maybe you will be able to see Elvis in the clouds.

There absolutely IS a heart shape in that rose picture you guys, though I had to make it larger and hold the screen differently in the light before it was obvious. It might have been obvious because I have the book that pic was originally published in though so I recognized it! 

It took me a bit to see the so-called magic-eye stuff. I do it by holding the pic fairly close, making sure there's plenty of light, and then focusing "well past" the picture (like a foot deep into it) and just hold that comfortably. The brain works out the pattern, and I very slowly pull focus back toward myself, no rush on it, and it starts to come together as you do but keep going slowly, and not until the pattern is fully clear do you let yourself actually look at the shape to define it.  Other people talk about crossing their eyes and various stuff, I don't really understand that approach. I think the first one I was able to see was the coins pic, this one:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/SteveStrummerUK/magic-eye-coin.jpg

Once I saw it, my metaphysical analogies for it sort of exploded all over, because seeing one reality inside another that seems different just from perspective, is very cool!

It's not that it "works on you." It's not hypnosis!

It's simply whether or not you have the ability. A little like being color blind or not, as an analogy. Except I suspect everyone can see this if they just make the effort and allow it.

Edited by redcairo

I think the 'visual mechanics' of the OP image is just that a constant 'adaptive motion' repeated, the eye gets accustomed to, and then when you suddenly look at something still, the eye goes on with that adaptive motion for a few seconds. Usually. 

I had this phase once where space kept reframing itself for me -- I would look at something across the room, and then "the distance between us would change radically" even though objectively the distance had not changed at all. Pretty sure it was a third-eye (ajna chakra) effect because I was having several other really obvious effects from that at the time as well. I had never considered that space is as subjective as time.

There absolutely IS a heart shape in that rose picture you guys, though I had to make it larger and hold the screen differently in the light before it was obvious. It might have been obvious because I have the book that pic was originally published in though so I recognized it! 

I have to speak to this before reading the rest of your post.

Yes, if you are told there is a heart in the picture you are going to see one.  That's called brainwashing.

• Like 1