Sign in to follow this  
salaam123

weight chi trapped in legs

Hi all, I got a new problem. I have been trying to increase the weight chi( the chi that determines the center of the weight, feels like slowly moving liquid that can be in your stomach and partly in the arms aswell), by focusing it in the lower dan tien and letting the legs carry the weight fof the lower dan tien.

In the beginning it felt good and I had the energy to get up from the bed earlier than before(I usually can't get up until very late, I don't have the energy at all), and I felt easier around people.

However, it went to the legs and does not stay in the lower dan tien. I have tried to getting it upwards to the arms and it does leave the legs sometimes when I give pressure to the legs. 

Now im just trying to get it out of the legs because it doesn't feel good and I can't interact with people well. 

How can I keep it from flowing to the legs and where is it supposed to be focused? Behind the navel does not seem to work for me either?

thanks in advance.

Edited by salaam123

Try dropping it all the way under the ground. Feel for a point where it can't go further, relax that point, and allow it to bounce/rebound back up. Don't pull it up. Just allow it to come up.

• Like 1

Hi all, I got a new problem. I have been trying to increase the weight chi( the chi that determines the center of the weight, feels like slowly moving liquid that can be in your stomach and partly in the arms aswell), by focusing it in the lower dan tien and letting the legs carry the weight fof the lower dan tien.

In the beginning it felt good and I had the energy to get up from the bed earlier than before(I usually can't get up until very late, I don't have the energy at all), and I felt easier around people.

However, it went to the legs and does not stay in the lower dan tien. I have tried to getting it upwards to the arms and it does leave the legs sometimes when I give pressure to the legs.

Now im just trying to get it out of the legs because it doesn't feel good and I can't interact with people well.

How can I keep it from flowing to the legs and where is it supposed to be focused? Behind the navel does not seem to work for me either?

thanks in advance.

Yeah that problem...I had it too for while.

One way is to drop into the ground. Other way is to circulate the energy on the surface of the ground, between your feet. He energy will move in a figure eight pattern from heel of one foot to the toe of the other. Flow clockwise from toe to heel and then go to the other foot. It will go to left heel when weight is on right foot ball and vice verse. After a while it should constantly flow in a figure eight pattern

• Like 2

thanks for the replies.

I managed to get it out but I did it by imagining that the leg pressure originates from ming men, not lower dan tien. It took it out of the legs but at the same time all(or most) of the weight chi(is it called earth chi?) disappeared. So I guess the leg pressure should originate from ldantien so weight chi gets generated maybe. I have been trying to generate it back for 2 days now but only a small amount of it has been generated back. Because of it, I feel uneasy being around some people(those whose energy I can't face properly) or in a crowd.

You really want to feel as light as a feather. Usually you focus on sinking your chi into the ground for a while, then it naturally starts to open the channels for upward flow. The upward flow balances out the downward flow. So you go from feeling really heavy to feeling really light after it's balanced.

I wouldn't worry too much about where it's coming from. Just sink your chi. All of it. This clears stagnation for further work, and it trains the channels to better handle the upward flow which can be quite disruptive if the downward flow is not developed first.

• Like 1

I found a way to counter this problem. the weight chi is supposed to circulate to the spine and it goes there from the ldantien(or from the ground if you have is stuck there) by focusing on the perineum and the spine. Upper part of the spine I think, the point which leads the chi to the arms(in macrocosmic orbit) or the neck too maybe?

Edited by salaam123

I can now keep the weight on ldantien and ldantiens weight is carried by the legs. I realized that ldantien must also be supported by the heel(it is connected to other parts of the leg too. this way(in addition to perineum and spine feel) the weight chi does not go down to the feet.

what is weight qi?

if you want to build a root, which is what I'm gathering from your post, you need to follow a few key steps both physical and mental.

The first one is that you should not actively move your mind around in the meridian system.  Qi movement is natural and although it is possible to focus on certain points to bring qi there, it is better not to try actively to move it around inside your body without some instruction first.

If you are standing and you want to get the feeling of being  ore rooted, the first thing you need to do is fix your posture.

A good posture has several characteristics:

1: upright:  the crown of the head should be erect and pulling toward the sky,

the body under it should feel upright and comfortable with no folding in the spine, chest, or around the rear end.

2:  the feet need to be firmly on the ground and allowed to relax and open, unless you do xingyi or bagua, then you should be grabbing the ground slightly with the toes.

3:  the kua and yao and dang need to be relaxed.  The kua is the fold of the inner legs near the crotch, the yao is the waist, and although it needs to relax, it also needs to be upright.  The dang is the front of your abdominal floor area above your genitals, around your tailbone etc.  That area needs to be relaxed, open, upright, and hanging.  These three areas are the intgerace betwee your feet, dantian, and upper body.

4:  you should make sure your shoulders are free and relaxed, make sure your back isn't being forced into a posture, but rather following the lower body and hanging from the top.

in terms of the mind, the very best thing to do is just generally visualize the whole body or the lower dantian, but not to do any speicifc points on the surface of the body, since what you really want to be doing is building spacial awareness.

Regardless of whether you are sitting, standing, walking, or lying down, the one exercise I would give to everyone, no matter what activities they are interested in is just to lightly place the mind in the lower dantian and breathe calmly through the nose.  That will set the foundation you need to have to help you go farther.

temple time now, see ya!~

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this