Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Powerball ticket- what to do with 1.4 billion

Bought 3 tickets ($6) to drop my odds from 290,000,001 down to 289,999,998.  Are those bad odds, considering the win is about 1.5 billion?  Maybe 1 Billion after taxes.  If you guys could spot me a couple hundred million I could pretty much guarantee to double your money.. eventually.

Probably the best advice is to buy the ticket early since the big payoff is dreaming what to do with the money.  Cause we're not gonna win.  I don't even think I'd want to, a billion dollars is probably pretty destructive. 

I'd rather have a couple million then a billion.  I think I'd quietly get rid of the ticket anonymously in exchange for that.  And if I was somehow double crossed, it'd still make for a great story. 

• Like 2

Bought 3 tickets ($6) to drop my odds from 290,000,001 down to 289,999,998.  Are those bad odds, considering the win is about 1.5 billion?  Maybe 1 Billion after taxes.  If you guys could spot me a couple hundred million I could pretty much guarantee to double your money.. eventually.

Probably the best advice is to buy the ticket early since the big payoff is dreaming what to do with the money.  Cause we're not gonna win.  I don't even think I'd want to, a billion dollars is probably pretty destructive. 

I'd rather have a couple million then a billion.  I think I'd quietly get rid of the ticket anonymously in exchange for that.  And if I was somehow double crossed, it'd still make for a great story. 

The smart play would be to cover all options.  Very unlikely that 6 people would win.  We could start a bums effort to do it... :)

Real_Diamond_Studded_Wholesale_Jewelry_1

Diamond and gold socks   ...  dont look that comfy though  . 

Edited by Nungali

It's fun to think of the plan...

Don't take the lump sum, because no one needs that much up front, and it means losing millions of dollars later on. Stupid!

1 million goes to each close family member (4 of them) and close friend (5 of them). No one else gets anything from me.

1 million toward my living expenses until returns on investments come in. Hire identity theft protection, and an attorney/accountant with that money, but also make sure that I know what I'm doing with it and don't just put the power in their hands. Student loans get paid off with that money, and I fix my credit score with it. With all of those expenses, I won't be going on a spending spree, but will keep living as I do now. My clear plan is to invest literally all of the rest of it, in a variety of very safe ways. I don't care about big returns...even 2% yearly returns ends up being a lot of money building up, way more than enough to live on, with this kind of cash being put away. Just live comfortably off of those returns.

If only it would happen! I just got one ticket, on Saturday, and today. It's a matter of pure random chance for whoever wins, although I'm sure that people who play biweekly are increasing their odds in the long run.

• Like 1

Too funny... my wife got a call from her cousin in china telling her she had a dream about the lottery level and that she bought tickets... so she was frantically trying to get a hold of my wife to go buy some!

First time we did it... but we got five people to give numbers  :D

Real_Diamond_Studded_Wholesale_Jewelry_1

Diamond and gold socks ... dont look that comfy though .

Don't seem too practical but I'd buy you a pair if you really want them. I'm thinking more along the lines of some rag wool hiking socks.

And maybe a mid-60s Jeep pickup for when it snows.

Edited by Brian

In my older age ... I would like to move to better conditions , and nearer the coast. 

bedroom-e1390288268264.jpg

dining-room.jpg

• Like 1

wah wah wa, no 100's of millions for me. 

Probably for the best, that much money

easily turns toxic and corrupting. 

wah wah wa, no 100's of millions for me. 

Probably for the best, that much money

easily turns toxic and corrupting. 

Oh , no wonder you didnt win !   With that attitude .....  

You have to be pure selfless and not need money  and be  uncorrupt 

to do magic to get millions of $$$$$$$$$     ^_^

• Like 1

Can I sponge off any of you that win?

Will you fill my begging bowl and give me hot soup and hot meals and warm house to live in?

I can promise I do not play Taharrush in your community as I am not genetically wired for that at all.

Idiotic Taoist wondering where to hand his begging bowl

Sign in to follow this