Brian

Energy Center Above the Crown

more like an 'opening'  ( or 'pole' ) at the top of the 'etheric field'   ..... that's going purely on 'feeling'. 

I don't have any formal doctrines and my only information is what I get from experience, both spontaneous and within imaginal work. So I can't say such things are true for anybody but me.

But I have a little on the crown chakra, though mostly a mention of the one above it (which initially I thought was about a foot above but later found was about eight inches or so above. But there is more above that -- it's quite complex going upward actually). The summary of various info the crown chakra gave me over time is here: http://www.palyne.com/blog.psiche/crown-chakra-review/ 

A follow up which had more detail on a 'three level' area just up from crown which I call RCA is the first part of this post (ignore the rest): http://www.palyne.com/blog.psiche/more-from-crown-chakra-the-three-layers-detail/ 

I was interested in a quoted-quote earlier on the thread where someone said: "I was also meditating on a point high above my head called the Golden Ring by some." My reason for interest is a meditation I had (that has really F'd me up a bit actually, more cognitive dissonance than usual from it) that sounds oddly like that. An excerpt from my journals. ('Mark' is my inner guide, who is my early version {what I'm able to perceive} of HGA. I know, what a mundane name for it, right.)

... He worked on something, and then put it about seven feet above my head. I looked up at it, perplexed. It was a thin ring about an inch or two in thickness, that seemed made of a combination of ‘metal and light,’ and was about the circumference of my head.

Should that be a torus, like the Queen’s form? I asked.

No, he said. It is more innate to your energy than to hers.

It looked like a halo way too high, hanging up there in the air.

I feel weird with it up there, I said. Too “aware” of it. Like it was not actually… english’s words suck here, it’s not that it was wrong, but that it didn’t feel like its “comfortable and familiar place” was that it be that far from me. Like “something hanging over my head” was slightly invoked by it like that.

I said, Can we set it on or “into” my head instead?

That will create a much stronger… interaction with the energy, he said, almost hesitantly, as if he didn’t think this would be something I’d want.

Mark, I said, what does this mean?

You have ambivalence and dissonance in the way of full integration with this energy, he explained. It will be brought forward much more strongly in your life if you pull the energy into you like that.

Does this energy support my True Self, my True Will, and further my integration with you? I said, feeling stubborn by this time.

Yes.

Then I want that. This is what I want in my life. Can we do a med after this to help deal with that integration issue? I asked.

Yes.

This is what I want, then, I said to the archetype, and he brought the energy down and it sort of “absorbed into” my head in the ring shape around the edges.

I always assume my meditations are just symbolic individual things, so I find it interesting every time I run into something that has a parallel with them. I am always finding out that things I ran into spontaneously turn out to have a whole history and labels and doctrines and more.

On the crown chakra, there are other layers even in the head area but outside in the 'fountain of crown' energy flow. I think that must be why some of those old statuettes of buddha-ish deities have all those different things on points at the top of their heads. Probably each thing represents some layer that does or is something.
  • Like 5

I don't have any formal doctrines and my only information is what I get from experience, both spontaneous and within imaginal work. So I can't say such things are true for anybody but me.

But I have a little on the crown chakra, though mostly a mention of the one above it (which initially I thought was about a foot above but later found was about eight inches or so above. But there is more above that -- it's quite complex going upward actually). The summary of various info the crown chakra gave me over time is here: http://www.palyne.com/blog.psiche/crown-chakra-review/

A follow up which had more detail on a 'three level' area just up from crown which I call RCA is the first part of this post (ignore the rest): http://www.palyne.com/blog.psiche/more-from-crown-chakra-the-three-layers-detail/

I was interested in a quoted-quote earlier on the thread where someone said: "I was also meditating on a point high above my head called the Golden Ring by some." My reason for interest is a meditation I had (that has really F'd me up a bit actually, more cognitive dissonance than usual from it) that sounds oddly like that. An excerpt from my journals. ('Mark' is my inner guide, who is my early version {what I'm able to perceive} of HGA. I know, what a mundane name for it, right.)

I always assume my meditations are just symbolic individual things, so I find it interesting every time I run into something that has a parallel with them. I am always finding out that things I ran into spontaneously turn out to have a whole history and labels and doctrines and more.

On the crown chakra, there are other layers even in the head area but outside in the 'fountain of crown' energy flow. I think that must be why some of those old statuettes of buddha-ish deities have all those different things on points at the top of their heads. Probably each thing represents some layer that does or is something.

^^^ Yes, same here.

I've been working a bit 'above' my head.   Got the idea from some youtube.   To spend more time conscious about the space above the head and aware of how small my thoughts/mind are.  There's a world of space and consciousness that I miss because I'm conditioned to keep my awareness stuck in a little skull, influenced by societal programming and body hormones.  If I can keep a focus above its free'er and quieter. 

• Like 2

I've been working a bit 'above' my head.   Got the idea from some youtube.   To spend more time conscious about the space above the head and aware of how small my thoughts/mind are.  There's a world of space and consciousness that I miss because I'm conditioned to keep my awareness stuck in a little skull, influenced by societal programming and body hormones.  If I can keep a focus above its free'er and quieter. 

The idiom "I'm in over my head" comes to mind. :D

• Like 1

I've started searching the Internet for information about what is sometimes called the eighth chakra, about 18 inches above the crown. I am having trouble finding a reliable name for it (perhaps Padaka-Pancaka in Sanskrit, although I have also found suggestions that this name refers to a document about chakras instead, and I've found nothing of substance yet from a Chinese perspective) and much of the stuff related to it on the web seems decidedly "new-age-y" and therefore a bit suspect.

I can't recall running across any texts from the Hindu tradition that mention chakras 'above the head', but you may well find references to such things in some Western derived systems. I am not at all well read on Hindu texts and traditions however. :) The 'Padaka-Pancaka' is apparently a text that has explanations about chakras and related, and 'Padaka-Pancaka' apparently translates as something like 'fivefold footstool' or 'fivefold footstool of the Guru'.

It seems Arthur Avalon (AKA Sir John Woodroffe) translated the Paduka Pancaka and a commentary on it in his book, 'The Serpent Power', first published in 1919, but still available here in a later edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Serpent-Power-Secrets-Tantric-Shaktic/dp/0486230589/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452789818&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Serpent+Power#reader_0486230589

Here is a PDF article on the Padaka Pancaka, which includes some other commentary by someone along with some explanatory diagrams, etc., and which appears to be based on or drawing on the translation by Sir John Woodroffe.

http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/paduka_pancaka.pdf

If you search on 'fivefold footstool' or similar in Google, you may get more hits.

As a side commentary, in my experience Westerners, or modern people in general, tend to want to take ancient writings or terms and concepts in the areas of self cultivation and related and try to make them fit into our 'modern' way of thinking by often trying to interpret such things in very specific and literal and linear and dualistic definitions and descriptions, and I think this is probably not a very good approach. ;) For example, when people start to talk in absolutes about locations and descriptions of 'energy centers' in relation to the body, I think it is a good idea to take such things with a grain of salt. From one perspective there may be some usefulness to such an approach, but from another perspective you may be at the same time leading yourself further down the garden path. If someone wants to describe 'things'  to others in this dualistic world in regards to concepts which may be referring to 'things' which are 'outside' of the grasp of the dualistic conceptual mind, you must still use language that the conceptual mind can at least have a chance of grasping, but there should be an understanding that by using such dualistic conceptual language you are painting a false picture, but the understanding should be that this false picture is only meant as a guide to 'point to something' which may be completely beyond the grasp and analysis of the 'worldly' conceptual mind, if that makes any sense. I think such a consideration is relevant to any study of 'esoteric systems'. 

:)

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 3

As a side commentary, in my experience Westerners, or modern people in general, tend to want to take ancient writings or terms and concepts in the areas of self cultivation and related and try to make them fit into our 'modern' way of thinking

Surely so, since people can only interpret things by their own models if they get it intellectually. This is part of the problem with getting things intellectually, though. When information comes through internal experience, it may often be bewildering (story of my life) but it eventually can roll out models that the brain has to fight to wrap itself around even gradually, and probably never would have managed at all had it come from the outside.

For example, when people start to talk in absolutes about locations and descriptions of 'energy centers' in relation to the body

Well, chakras for me are something a bit different. There are 'the Powers' (infamously known in some writings) which as energy combine with {never mind this detail} and literally manifest what we know as the body. The "interface" between the Powers and {other} is what I call a chakra and, properly developed (and the person so) this is an identity, not a thing. (A pronoun, not a noun.) A fundamental part of oneself energetically, spiritually, physically. Does have a 'focus' area (and the center of the focus area is the route to the larger Power which is its own god-little-g identity).

Of course at the new/oblivious level, it's just-a-thang I guess. Like many things, "what" something is depends on the individual as much as the thing. So to speak.

On the crown chakra, all those 'layers' are essentially sub-identities of the Crown so it's really only one, until some ways up.

by using such dualistic conceptual language you are painting a false picture, but the understanding should be that this false picture is only meant as a guide to 'point to something' which may be completely beyond the grasp and analysis of the 'worldly' conceptual mind, if that makes any sense. I think such a consideration is relevant to any study of 'esoteric systems'.

Relevant but humorously pointless in a way though, since "understanding that you cannot possibly really understand, and that what someone is telling you cannot possibly really be right," is not too helpful. Though it might be a bit helpful toward helping people not get stuck on dogma I suppose. :-)
Edited by redcairo
  • Like 2

I can't recall running across any texts from the Hindu tradition that mention chakras 'above the head', but you may well find references to such things in some Western derived systems. I am not at all well read on Hindu texts and traditions however. :)

I don't have the book handy right now, but Layayoga by Shyam Sundar Goswami, a book strongly based on traditional texts,  indeed talks about the eighth chakra. I will be back with more if I manage to dig the book up.

• Like 2

I don't have the book handy right now, but Layayoga by Shyam Sundar Goswami, a book strongly based on traditional texts,  indeed talks about the eighth chakra. I will be back with more if I manage to dig the book up.

I would be interested, Michael.

• Like 1

My understanding is that there are Indian texts that reference hundreds of chakras. The 7 chakra model is simply what the west popularly picked up for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I'm reminded of two things in regard to this.

The first is a meditation called the pillar of light.  Which begins with placing awareness in a large white sphere, about a foot above the head, then drawing that energy through the crown and down into each successive lower chakra, followed by a series of other visualizations throughout the micro/macro worlds.

The second is something I read in reference to the shape of the ankh and how it related to the process of opening the chakras.  As one opened the heart chakra, represented on the ankh by the point where the two arms cross and the lower point of the loop starts/ends, this creates a field that encompassed the upper three chakras, simultaneously clearing the way for access to them as well as harnessing and returning the energy to the heart which, in the context of the article/theory that was being shared, became the working fulcrum for all energy work. 

While thinking replying to this thread, I came across this synchronistic pic on the interwebs... fun.

92fd83e4183019bc45da124fc28f8a02.jpg

• Like 1

in a way ,  unless it is 'true for you'  of what use is formal doctrines or information ?   

I see 3 main possibilities

Investigate the 'formal doctrines and info'  and apply them to yourself and see if they work. 

Work mainly from the self and feelings and investigate  the 'formal doctrines and info'  to see if you can find a match. 

Use both as a 'template' to 'fine tune' (individualise) the process. 

The overall pattern is 'true' for us all , but we are all individuals.   Like the way I was describing my 'astro-psychological map' ; it is applicable to all ( I think this as I can see it correlating with numerous valid systems)  yet, the way that pattern is utilized and processed, the way information passes to , triggers and interacts with other areas, is  the individual's application of the pattern and  energies  (a bit like the way the brain functions ) . 

One way of  looking at it (Kabbalistically) is that 3 components   come together to 'create' or 'precede'   Kether. 

Another way of looking at the 3 divisions, more in line with the above in that link is;  'the stem'  , the lowest part,  the  'flower' or 'fountain'  and  'that which  the flower opens unto ' . 

I postulate the same for the lowest centre.  

To what does it ( top and bottom)   open unto ?

Here is the basic diagram 

fig3.png

all the lines except the vertical flow ( here it is shown horizontal) are all part of the system and circulate - the 'Fountain technique'.

Part  of the energy comes straight out the top and doesnt  circulate ..... or does it ?

It goes out to ....   somewhere .   And comes ( back ? )  in at the opposite pole.   Are those two linked somehow ? 

On the large scale ;

magnetosphere.en.jpg

I postulate that if our consciousness  ( without postulating what consciousness is   ^_^ )  can link up and through this level of consciousness to the 'non local', then we can experience potentially all aspects of consciousness and awareness, or at least some aspects or 'nodes' of it. 

I think the Earth does the same thing, its 'energy'  connects with the Cosmos, it draws in the 'experience' and energy of the cosmos, and incorporates it into its 'experience'  , it then gives this back out to the Cosmos via its 'output' of now changed energy. And it flows and circulates around, changing and developing by 'experience'  , its how we work, how nature works (including biodynamics) how alchemy works  ..... circulation brings about transformation by incorporation, nothing 'tangible' has been added, its a 'magical transformation' .... you start with what you began with, but it has now grown and been transformed.  Like our incarnation .... if the process is managed right !  

I am fascinated by this 'central'  or 'vertical' pathway, where it goes and what its circulations are.  I extend it to the whole cosmic sphere  ... again on 3 levels ; us, the earth (where we get the physical manifestations of these experiences)  and the 'cosmos' (represented by the Celestial Sphere  ....    yes,  a geocentric view . 

This makes the larger energy field 'roil'  and churn like a toros 

B61pP9O.png

The diagram on the right; the Earth;s axis is the central line and the inside of the sphere is the celestial sphere . 

... yeah .... it goes on and on  (my 'theory' ) but I better leave that there . 

It helps   ^_^

My view is, if you cant find a parallel  of a process in nature ( meaning all of nature, things like physics too ) , and reflected in ways in other bonafide systems ( whose things are based on natural processes as well ), then it is most likely some weird human head trip . 

I dont give them validity anymore ... I used to .... I realised it's pretty pointless and  doesn't help me to '  enlighten my mind and comfort my heart and sustain my body or bring me to the accomplishment of my True Will, the Great Work, the Summum Bonum, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness. '    ;)

A ring would focus the energy in and collect it , like a band around a bunch of flower stems or papyrus or lotus stems. 

The djed column is an interesting one ... I wonder if it relates to any of this  ?  

Maybe Apech will comment ? 

3osirisdjeds.gif

djed9.gif       IV%2071.gif

ab50059db9.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

I can't recall running across any texts from the Hindu tradition that mention chakras 'above the head', but you may well find references to such things in some Western derived systems. I am not at all well read on Hindu texts and traditions however. :) The 'Padaka-Pancaka' is apparently a text that has explanations about chakras and related, and 'Padaka-Pancaka' apparently translates as something like 'fivefold footstool' or 'fivefold footstool of the Guru'.

It seems Arthur Avalon (AKA Sir John Woodroffe) translated the Paduka Pancaka and a commentary on it in his book, 'The Serpent Power', first published in 1919, but still available here in a later edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Serpent-Power-Secrets-Tantric-Shaktic/dp/0486230589/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452789818&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Serpent+Power#reader_0486230589

Here is a PDF article on the Padaka Pancaka, which includes some other commentary by someone along with some explanatory diagrams, etc., and which appears to be based on or drawing on the translation by Sir John Woodroffe.

http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/paduka_pancaka.pdf

If you search on 'fivefold footstool' or similar in Google, you may get more hits.

As a side commentary, in my experience Westerners, or modern people in general, tend to want to take ancient writings or terms and concepts in the areas of self cultivation and related and try to make them fit into our 'modern' way of thinking by often trying to interpret such things in very specific and literal and linear and dualistic definitions and descriptions, and I think this is probably not a very good approach. ;) For example, when people start to talk in absolutes about locations and descriptions of 'energy centers' in relation to the body, I think it is a good idea to take such things with a grain of salt. From one perspective there may be some usefulness to such an approach, but from another perspective you may be at the same time leading yourself further down the garden path. If someone wants to describe 'things'  to others in this dualistic world in regards to concepts which may be referring to 'things' which are 'outside' of the grasp of the dualistic conceptual mind, you must still use language that the conceptual mind can at least have a chance of grasping, but there should be an understanding that by using such dualistic conceptual language you are painting a false picture, but the understanding should be that this false picture is only meant as a guide to 'point to something' which may be completely beyond the grasp and analysis of the 'worldly' conceptual mind, if that makes any sense. I think such a consideration is relevant to any study of 'esoteric systems'. 

yeah well, that is a given .   Thanks for the reminder though  

MISTAKES OF MYSTICS

I. Since truth is supra-rational, it is incommunicable in the language of reason.

II. Hence all mystics have written nonsense, and what sense they have written is so far untrue.

III. Yet as a still lake yields a truer reflection of the sun than a torrent, he whose mind is best balanced will, if he become a mystic, become the best mystic.

;)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Nungali,

You ask the question where the Earth's open magnetic field lines lead. Well, I think they might connect to the magnetic field of the Sun. Along them, particles from the solar wind enter the atmosphere, causing the phenomenon of the aurora in the polar regions.

Nungali, You ask the question where the Earth's open magnetic field lines lead. Well, I think they might connect to the magnetic field of the Sun. Along them, particles from the solar wind enter the atmosphere, causing the phenomenon of the aurora in the polar regions.

Which looks, visually, a lot like seeing the reflection of a chakra. (And that green is exactly the green of the heart chakra, perhaps by sheer coincidence.) 

If I am in the utter-dark, I can see the light of the ajna chakra pretty clearly. How I see the others varies and is often in meditations not in 'regular' (it seems, anyway) visuals. But the green is quite specific in shade.

I always thought of the green aurora (though I know it comes in any color) as looking a lot like the light from a chakra one might see in flashes. So beautiful. With purple it's especially amazing. Well after all that this wouldn't be complete without a pic! From NASA.com, Juri Voit photographer, taken from Estonia:

nasa-com-juri-voit-aurora-from-estonia-9

• Like 1

I would be interested, Michael.

Hi Brian. I have a copy of that book (Layayoga: The Definitive Guide to the Chakras and Kundalini), and it speaks of two chakras being 'extracranial' in location, the Guru chakra and the Sahasrara (Crown) chakra. However, here are a few excerpts from that book which speaks further of the locations of these two 'upper' chakras, and it seems it is not so straight forward at all when trying to assign physical locations to chakras. For example, it is mentioned that these two chakras are extracranial, but that they are located in 'void regions'. Here are the excerpts:

"

Void-region 1 Guru Chakra, lying extracranially

Void-region 2 Sahasrara (Crown Chakra), lying extracranially

"

"

SAHASRARA (Crown Chakra)

Position:

in void-region, as the upper part of the guru chakra

The sahasrara lies in the void-region where there are no nadis; it is outside the cranium, but in contact with the top-end of the chitrini nadi, lying intracranially, through wisarga (power-bridge). At the terminal part of the chitrini is the nirwana chakra, which is connected through the wisarga, indirectly with the twelve-petalled lotus, which is the lower aspect of the sahasrara.

"

This book also contains further comment on the void regions that are mentioned, which I think further illustrates that trying to assign physical locations to chakras may well not be a very productive approach. Here is an example:

"The void is a circular process (writta) consisting of Kundali-power around the formless Parama

Shiwa. The void has been clearly explained here: Shiwa is in the form of Void and the circumference

of the circle (writta) is Supreme Kundali who is splendorous and is in three and a half coils; the

Yamala says that the writta is Kundalini Power in whom lies the three primary attributes, and the void

aspect (of the writta) is Shiwa, who is the great Ishwara; Kundalini is always there in coils around

Shiwa like a snake; Bindu (Supreme Bindu) is in the nature of Shiwa and Shakti (Power) and gives

life and liberation; that eternal Divine Power (Kundalini) is the source of all in her Nada (Supreme

Nada) aspect (—Shaktanandatarangini, 4.15).

This void (shunya) cannot be represented by the bijas Ang, Ang, Khang, Thang and Hang. Hang is

the germ-mantra of akasha (void) mahabhuta, so this void is beyond akasha. In this void, there is

neither akasha nor mind. So it has been termed supreme void (paramashunya). It can only be

designated by Biṅdu. But this bindu is not a point. It is ‘non-magnitudinous’ and ‘non-positional’, and

still it exists. Because of this it has been termed Parabindu—Supreme Bindu. This Supreme Bindu is

the Supreme Void. It has been stated that Bindu signifies void (Shunya) and also quality (guna) (—

Todalatantra, ch. 6, p. 13).

The void indicates the absence of magnitude and position; therefore, it is

without mind and matter. The void is that in which matter-mind and its source primus are absorbed,

and what remains is Shiwa in union with his Power (Shakti). Kundali-power finally absorbs into her

prakriti (primus) from which arises the phenomenon of mind-matter, and remains in coils in Shiwa.

Because of Shiwa and Power (Shakti) the void is in the nature of a writta or circle. The void aspect

is Shiwa and the quality aspect indicated by the circumference of the circle is the Power. So it has

been said that Parama Shiwa is immutable and supremely subtle and in the form of Bindu (—

Todalatantra, ch. 8, p. 15).

The subtle and changeless aspect of Bindu is the void which is Shiwa.

Shiwa is also with his Power. This Power is in a state of Supreme contraction. This is Supreme

Bindu. So Supreme Bindu is both Shiwa and his Power.

Bindu stands in relation to the sahasrara (Goutamiyatantra, 34.54; Dewibhagawata, 7. 35.47). So it

has been said that the sahasrara is the centre of Bindu (—Gandharwatantra, ch. 5, p. 28;

Mridanitantra, quoted in Amarasanggraha MS). This Bindu is Parabindu. It has been clearly stated

that the sahasrara lotus which is all pure is the centre of Parabindu (Supreme Bindu) (—

Rudrayamala, Part 2, 27.70).

"

I think it is a tendency of the modern conceptual mind to want to conceptualize everything in ways which the conceptual mind can get a nice handle on, but alas in regards to self cultivation the reach of the conceptual mind may be quite limited. That is not to say there are not other ways to reach deeper understanding however...

• Like 1

Which looks, visually, a lot like seeing the reflection of a chakra. (And that green is exactly the green of the heart chakra, perhaps by sheer coincidence.) 

If I am in the utter-dark, I can see the light of the ajna chakra pretty clearly. How I see the others varies and is often in meditations not in 'regular' (it seems, anyway) visuals. But the green is quite specific in shade.

I always thought of the green aurora (though I know it comes in any color) as looking a lot like the light from a chakra one might see in flashes. So beautiful. With purple it's especially amazing. Well after all that this wouldn't be complete without a pic! From NASA.com, Juri Voit photographer, taken from Estonia: 

nasa-com-juri-voit-aurora-from-estonia-9

I like this one, too:

northern_lights_iss_20131009.jpg

LoneManPai has many, many techniques working with the multi energy conduits above the head (and below the feet)

If interested PM me (everything is free)

• Like 1

Hi Brian. I have a copy of that book (Layayoga: The Definitive Guide to the Chakras and Kundalini), and it speaks of two chakras being 'extracranial' in location, the Guru chakra and the Sahasrara (Crown) chakra. However, here are a few excerpts from that book which speaks further of the locations of these two 'upper' chakras, and it seems it is not so straight forward at all when trying to assign physical locations to chakras. For example, it is mentioned that these two chakras are extracranial, but that they are located in 'void regions'. Here are the excerpts:

"

Void-region 1 Guru Chakra, lying extracranially

Void-region 2 Sahasrara (Crown Chakra), lying extracranially

"

"

SAHASRARA (Crown Chakra)

Position:

in void-region, as the upper part of the guru chakra

The sahasrara lies in the void-region where there are no nadis; it is outside the cranium, but in contact with the top-end of the chitrini nadi, lying intracranially, through wisarga (power-bridge). At the terminal part of the chitrini is the nirwana chakra, which is connected through the wisarga, indirectly with the twelve-petalled lotus, which is the lower aspect of the sahasrara.

"

This book also contains further comment on the void regions that are mentioned, which I think further illustrates that trying to assign physical locations to chakras may well not be a very productive approach. Here is an example:

"The void is a circular process (writta) consisting of Kundali-power around the formless Parama

Shiwa. The void has been clearly explained here: Shiwa is in the form of Void and the circumference

of the circle (writta) is Supreme Kundali who is splendorous and is in three and a half coils; the

Yamala says that the writta is Kundalini Power in whom lies the three primary attributes, and the void

aspect (of the writta) is Shiwa, who is the great Ishwara; Kundalini is always there in coils around

Shiwa like a snake; Bindu (Supreme Bindu) is in the nature of Shiwa and Shakti (Power) and gives

life and liberation; that eternal Divine Power (Kundalini) is the source of all in her Nada (Supreme

Nada) aspect (—Shaktanandatarangini, 4.15).

This void (shunya) cannot be represented by the bijas Ang, Ang, Khang, Thang and Hang. Hang is

the germ-mantra of akasha (void) mahabhuta, so this void is beyond akasha. In this void, there is

neither akasha nor mind. So it has been termed supreme void (paramashunya). It can only be

designated by Biṅdu. But this bindu is not a point. It is ‘non-magnitudinous’ and ‘non-positional’, and

still it exists. Because of this it has been termed Parabindu—Supreme Bindu. This Supreme Bindu is

the Supreme Void. It has been stated that Bindu signifies void (Shunya) and also quality (guna) (—

Todalatantra, ch. 6, p. 13).

The void indicates the absence of magnitude and position; therefore, it is

without mind and matter. The void is that in which matter-mind and its source primus are absorbed,

and what remains is Shiwa in union with his Power (Shakti). Kundali-power finally absorbs into her

prakriti (primus) from which arises the phenomenon of mind-matter, and remains in coils in Shiwa.

Because of Shiwa and Power (Shakti) the void is in the nature of a writta or circle. The void aspect

is Shiwa and the quality aspect indicated by the circumference of the circle is the Power. So it has

been said that Parama Shiwa is immutable and supremely subtle and in the form of Bindu (—

Todalatantra, ch. 8, p. 15).

The subtle and changeless aspect of Bindu is the void which is Shiwa.

Shiwa is also with his Power. This Power is in a state of Supreme contraction. This is Supreme

Bindu. So Supreme Bindu is both Shiwa and his Power.

Bindu stands in relation to the sahasrara (Goutamiyatantra, 34.54; Dewibhagawata, 7. 35.47). So it

has been said that the sahasrara is the centre of Bindu (—Gandharwatantra, ch. 5, p. 28;

Mridanitantra, quoted in Amarasanggraha MS). This Bindu is Parabindu. It has been clearly stated

that the sahasrara lotus which is all pure is the centre of Parabindu (Supreme Bindu) (—

Rudrayamala, Part 2, 27.70).

"

I think it is a tendency of the modern conceptual mind to want to conceptualize everything in ways which the conceptual mind can get a nice handle on, but alas in regards to self cultivation the reach of the conceptual mind may be quite limited. That is not to say there are not other ways to reach deeper understanding however...

Thank you very kindly, NotVoid! My purpose in asking this wide array of questions is not to build a worldview or to plan out a roadmap for cultivation but to help me fill in some gaps surrounding current events, experiences in my life in recent days and weeks and months. I have been and continue to undergo some personal paradigm-shifting unveilings which are nearly overwhelming and seeing correlating threads of information from a broad swath of spiritual traditions is allowing me to relax into this new awareness and simultaneously "hold it together" -- family commitments I intend to honor preclude me from secluding myself away in a mountain cabin for the next year or two so I need to keep one foot in the mundane while transitioning into this dramatically different perspective. (If this makes any sense...)

LoneManPai has many, many techniques working with the multi energy conduits above the head (and below the feet)

If interested PM me (everything is free)

Thank you, SotG! I appreciate your offer and will keep it in my back pocket for the moment. I am taking baby-steps right now. I am intentionally not forcing anything and I feel that my unfolding is happening quickly now, perhaps as quickly as I can assimilate without a schism, so I don't think I want to add any new techniques just yet.

• Like 1

Thank you very kindly, NotVoid! My purpose in asking this wide array of questions is not to build a worldview or to plan out a roadmap for cultivation but to help me fill in some gaps surrounding current events, experiences in my life in recent days and weeks and months. I have been and continue to undergo some personal paradigm-shifting unveilings which are nearly overwhelming and seeing correlating threads of information from a broad swath of spiritual traditions is allowing me to relax into this new awareness and simultaneously "hold it together" -- family commitments I intend to honor preclude me from secluding myself away in a mountain cabin for the next year or two so I need to keep one foot in the mundane while transitioning into this dramatically different perspective. (If this makes any sense...)

This is a conundrum for any modern day person who is trying  to balance normal life activities and commitments and requirements with self cultivation. How can we maintain a good balance between the two, especially when sometimes we may be experiencing effects from our practices which may make thinking and interacting in the world in a 'normal' way quite a challenge? :) When a person's world view starts becoming quite fluid and is in a constant state of flux, sometimes interacting with the world as we are required to do can take some real effort. I think we just need to find that balance as best we can, even though it may be a struggle sometimes. A challenge for us all. :)

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

Nungali, You ask the question where the Earth's open magnetic field lines lead. Well, I think they might connect to the magnetic field of the Sun. Along them, particles from the solar wind enter the atmosphere, causing the phenomenon of the aurora in the polar regions.

Nah ... the particles from the Sun connect back to the Sun, then they travel along the lines they have distorted by 'pushing' them out of shape  .... so it can also be postulated that the lines themsleves connect 'back there' somewhere  ..... off pic to right   ... far out of the 'dark side of the Earth' . 

... damn 'not allowed to use that pic thingo'  ;

http://www.igpp.ucla.edu/public/THEMIS/SCI/Pubs/Nuggets/FTE_nugget/first_figure[1].bmp

Edited by Nungali