Brian

Energy Center Above the Crown

I've started searching the Internet for information about what is sometimes called the eighth chakra, about 18 inches above the crown. I am having trouble finding a reliable name for it (perhaps Padaka-Pancaka in Sanskrit, although I have also found suggestions that this name refers to a document about chakras instead, and I've found nothing of substance yet from a Chinese perspective) and much of the stuff related to it on the web seems decidedly "new-age-y" and therefore a bit suspect.

I know of no better source of information (reliable and otherwise! :)) than the collected arcane knowledge held by participants on this forum so...

What can you tell me?

:D

EDIT: Here are a few of the more interesting pages I've found so far:

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/hb/hhb-21.shtml

http://www.keepingthebalanceinyou.com/BalanceYourEnergy/Chakra8.aspx

https://deborahking.com/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-your-8th-chakra/

Edited by Brian
  • Like 5

Brian,

The eighth chakra is also known as the "inner heart" in many traditions. It is beyond the local body mind. More mind based types see it above the head, more heart based people feel it more like the basis of an integrated field based in the inner heart (not the same as the heart chakra).

Also, if you search the forum, there have been a couple of threads in the past on the topic. :)

Best,

Jeff

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 3

Thanks, Jeff!

Yes, this one <link> was good but I found little else of real value (although there was a kinda curious one about UFOs and psychic perv attacks and such that I didn't finish reading...) Not sure I know what to even search for!

I'll try the phrase "inner heart" and see what I find.

Edited by Brian

We had a very interesting member here who posted under the name "Traveler" who posted this is how one of his earliest posts here begins:

I will tell you what I think. I experienced this Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel a number of years ago. Once open, the vision expands from there and is unstoppable.

Two years prior to the vision, I opened a portal into "Heaven" where I could see beings of Light, and lots of golden light. This vision, once open, stayed open 24/7. I was also meditating on a point high above my head called the Golden Ring by some. Using Golden Dawn terminology, this was the Sphere of Sensation I was playing with. The Auric Filed contains portals into other worlds which you can awaken. This I was doing.  (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

His mention of the Golden Dawn is very interesting and ties in with this matter more than most people with a superficial acquaintance with it teachings might imagine.

Jerry Alan Johnson has a Chakra system as part of his teaching and he has two sets of three "trans-personal chakras", three above the head and three below the feet, or perineum if seated.  He doesn't elaborate on their use in his published books, but he does have an exercise that uses them as part of form of protection.

• Like 6

One of the more powerful things I'm found so far is a reinforcement of the impression of a light connection coming down from above, through crown and heart, and into the center of the Earth.

Very interesting stuff. I'm not going to get wrapped up in any of it (nor the Magician card nor Metatron, etc.) but I think it is all helping me to process and integrate some things.

• Like 2

One of the more powerful things I'm found so far is a reinforcement of the impression of a light connection coming down from above, through crown and heart, and into the center of the Earth.

Very interesting stuff. I'm not going to get wrapped up in any of it (nor the Magician card nor Metatron, etc.) but I think it is all helping me to process and integrate some things.

Yes, this is the Cosmic Taiji Pole, the "pole" that unites our "planet earth" with the "height of Heaven" as functional unit.  Jerry Alan Johnson's "One to Ten Exercise" is one way of doing this which also aims to draw energy up from the center of the earth, and unify the Energies of Heaven and Earth in the Three Dan of the Personal Taiji Pole.  I have seen this in other Chinese Meditation systems too.  Ideas like this show up in the West, but that is too complex to get into now.

And yes, it is a good idea not to get too wrapped up in this, though the experience of wrapping can be used for unwrapping, but first you have to understand what is really going on, and that lands us deeply in the land of Mercury and the Magician, and maybe leads us to the Theater of the World.

• Like 2

Sri Aurobindo and the Mother were able to integrate the energies of the crown and beyond, in the heart center. Their writings are well worth spending time on.

https://www.scribd.com/search-tops?query=Sri+Aurobindo

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=sri+aurobindo

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=mothers+agenda&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3Amothers+agenda

https://www.scribd.com/search-documents?query=mother%27s+agenda

• Like 2

This is the Middle Pillar exercise from Golden Dawn as taught by Israel Regardie, it is basically the middle pillar of the Sephirot Tree:

http://www.davedavies.com/splanet/magic3.htm

The above crown chackra is actually the Kether Sephira, which is the gate to heaven.

Just be aware that there is another tree mirroring the Sephiroth which goes down to hell, named Qilipoth, the lowest sephira from the QiIlipoth tree is connected to Kether, whomever goes down on the Qilipoth tree and reaches the lowest level actually reaches the Kether. 

• Like 1

This is the Middle Pillar exercise from Golden Dawn as taught by Israel Regardie, it is basically the middle pillar of the Sephirot Tree:

http://www.davedavies.com/splanet/magic3.htm

The above crown chackra is actually the Kether Sephira, which is the gate to heaven.

Just be aware that there is another tree mirroring the Sephiroth which goes down to hell, named Qilipoth, the lowest sephira from the QiIlipoth tree is connected to Kether, whomever goes down on the Qilipoth tree and reaches the lowest level actually reaches the Kether. 

Very interesting. Thank you.

I'm reminded of Dante climbing down through the depths of Hell to escape.

How are the two trees distinguished from each other? (Seems somewhat moot, I suppose, as perhaps one should just keep climbing?)

This is an interesting book Thomas Karlsson, the Qabala, Qilipoth and Goetic Magic, in my opinion is a symbolic way to represent the subconscious mind, so don't be afraid by terminology:

https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/5rOykxt6WUL/7dH~VKDnpUrLKFJ3 

Genesis 2:9
Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach

out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

I am not a literalist, so don't take anything literally.

UOTiJ8T.jpg

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 1

Along the same lines, here is a quote form Tau Malachi (mystical Christian) that you might find helpful. Think of the eighth heaven as your eighth chakra or higher energy center...

If we gaze upon any soul from the perspective of the eternal realm, or eighth heaven, what will that soul look like? Remember, there is no time, no past, present and future in the eternal realm; there is only the eternal now, and all appears in its perfection and completion, and yet, all in a great and supreme mystery, there is this play of evolution and realization in space-time, and in some way this Being and Becoming are inseparable from one another, and there is no contradiction between them. Here, though, we must labor for the realization of the Being of the Becoming, the holy remembrance of our True Being in the Messiah and El Elyon, or the Light Continuum – the Supernal Abode (eternal realm). In this process of the evolution and development of souls, and their realization, or enlightenment, nevertheless, souls are at various stages of evolution and realization, and as yet countless souls, or sentient beings, are bound up in ignorance, or complete forgetfulness. In effect, they are asleep and dreaming strange and fitful dreams, and need to wake up and remember who and what they really are! 

A mental concept of this, or vital believe in this, accomplishes nothing – there must be knowledge and understanding, and realization, through direct experience of who and what we are in the Light Continuum and in God; only then can we engage in a conscious evolution, or repentance, to reintegrate our soul with the Light Continuum and return to God, and so embody who and what we are in the Light Continuum and God. 

Here we are speaking an open secret. Until we receive the Spirit of the Messiah, and enter deeper into the experience of Light Transmission and the direct experience of the Light Continuum, we cannot repent, we cannot return to God and enter into conscious union with God, the True Light. True and full repentance, or reintegration, requires the experience of Light Transmission; hence, actual initiation and spiritual empowerment. This is why initiation and spiritual empowerments are central to Christian Gnostics, and to virtually all authentic mystical traditions; one does not become a Gnostic by converting to another religious doctrine, but rather one becomes Gnostic through direct spiritual and mystical experience, through a Gnostic experience of Christ and God. 

If we do not enter into direct experience of the Truth and Light, how shall we know the Truth and Light so as to reintegrate our soul with it and embody it? Whatever someone might tell us about it, however lovely and well informed, is not knowledge, understanding or wisdom for us until we have direct experience of the Truth and Light ourselves, plain and simple. Thus, more that just teach about the Truth and Light, Gnostic Apostles engage in an energetic transmission to help facilitate our own direct experience of Christ and God, so that we might know how to repent, or how to return to God. 

Listen and hear, and understand! The initial phase of repentance, or returning to God is this: We must “part the waters,” which is to say that we must redirect the flow of our energy; instead of downward and outward to the world and things of the world, we must learn to direct our energy inward and upward, to the kingdom of heaven and God – hence, directing it Godward. Then, having redirected the flow of our energy, generating the presence of awareness, we need to unify awareness and energy, and fully recognize and realize the reality of our experience on every level is the radiant display of our own energy, our mind, consciousness or soul. In this, so we will recognize and realize the very essence and nature of mind, consciousness or soul, and realize the inseparability, or innate unity, of the mind, consciousness or soul from its source, Christ and God, the True Light. This is the spiritual meaning of “repentance,” or teshuvah, and it is the tikkune of the soul and tikkune of the world. 

In this realization, the distinction between downward and outward, and inward and upward vanishes – there is no longer any difference. In fact, if and when a Gnostic Apostle engages the Light Transmission, while joining their energy with that of another soul, and uplifting the energy inward and upward, at the same time they are turning their awareness and energy downward and outward, hence the transmission of the Holy Light in that place, with those souls who are able to receive it in that place. 

If we understand the truth of our being in the eternal realm, or the inmost parts of our holy soul, or the truth of who and what we are in Christ and God, so we will understand that radical leaps are possible in the soul’s evolution and realization, and we will understand that an experience of Thunderbolt Enlightenment is entirely possible; the Being of our Becoming can be swiftly remembered and realized if we will enact an active and dynamic surrender to Divine Grace, co-creating the conditions in which Divine Grace can move with, in and through us. 

• Like 1

Very interesting. Thank you.

I'm reminded of Dante climbing down through the depths of Hell to escape.

How are the two trees distinguished from each other? (Seems somewhat moot, I suppose, as perhaps one should just keep climbing?)

I wouldnt worry about it  at this stage ... you can have four Trees in each 'world' connected  and see them as front and back being sephiroth and qlippoth .   Lets not overload things at present   ;)  .....

6916809.jpg?506

' let the divine white light descend ' .    .... onto (through) you , so it has to come from beyond and above you ... in a way, you are 'reaching out beyond yourself' to invoke it.  So I also see this 'first subtle centre'  as both aspiration and inspiration (in a tarot layout I use this concept to define my top position in the spread) . 

Then the energy is drawn down and through, I think it is a good idea to continue it to the earth and centre.   This exercise alone has great value, and is pretty essential to have it operating (or its  equivalent)  and as a preliminary working / meditation / operation. 

This is the source of the 'hallucinations of a good order' that Dr VanDusen was able to encourage some of his patients to invoke and interact with, to dispel serious psychic / psychotic 'demonic possession' / 'hallucinations of a bad order '  ; 

http://www.searchwithin.org/download/presence_spirits.pdf

Again, I see it connected to 'circuit 8' -  The Neuroatomic Circuit - concerned with quantum consciousness, non-local awareness (beyond spacetime), so-called "PSI" or "magick" powers, Illumination. "Out-of-body experiences," "astral projection," contact with alien "entities" or with a galactic Overmind, etc. Circuit VIII is infra, supra, and meta- physiological -- a quantum mechanical communication system which does not require a biological container. Can be  activated by shock or near-death experience ; Ketamine and  high doses of LSD also produce some Circuit VIII quantum awareness.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

The cosmic star pole that unites heaven and earth

Gali Yalkarriwuy Gurruwiwi dances the Morning Star dance used in funerals to guide the spirit to rest.  (According to Uncle Link - Bundjalung elder, their people's spirits originally came from the 'morning star' )

729454-morning-star-dancer.jpg

• Like 1

Do you mean  this  thread  ... or the thread from heaven ,  through you, to earth     ;)

Uniting  the  'earth' aspiring upwards 

xErectTriangleSymbol.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jc

with the descent of heaven or spirit 

xInvertedTriangleSymbol.jpg.pagespeed.ic

small-hexagram_design.png

• Like 1

Do you mean this thread ... or the thread from heaven , through you, to earth ;)

Uniting the 'earth' aspiring upwards

xErectTriangleSymbol.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jc

with the descent of heaven or spirit

xInvertedTriangleSymbol.jpg.pagespeed.ic

small-hexagram_design.png

Both, in equal measure. :)

Then there is the 'fountain technique'  , a few different systems have  practices similar. 

Here is a good graphic of it   @  8.00  ;

• Like 2

Then there is the 'fountain technique'  , a few different systems have  practices similar. 

Here is a good graphic of it   @  8.00  ;

O

M

G

Yes.

Thank you, Nungali. That's quite an inspired work.

The intertwining triangles reminds me of something. I was going through some rather... expansive changes, and new teachers started showing up. I was perfectly content with my daoist training and school, but I allowed myself to explore a new school.

It was a beautiful school linked to a wonderful tradition. There was an emphasis on working with crystals, though mainly one's sincerity of intention to one's path. I ended up not sticking around, as some things felt more contrived than the daoist system, but perhaps I didn't stick around long enough for my energy to integrate with the new environment.

One particular that bothered me though, was the wearing of a particular stone that was connected to a higher vibration, perhaps similar to this 8th chakra. In particular it was worn in the merkaba shape. It was used to protect/maintain one's connection to this higher energy. This past week I wandered into a stone shop and believe I found the stone that was used, and so I looked up information on it.

I thought about using it, but when I consulted the yijing I received hexagram 2 line six:

• Dragons battle in the field; the blood is dark yellow.
  • An assertive and ambitious attempt is made to usurp power from an authority. A violent struggle will follow, resulting in injury to both parties.
  • When the magnetic principle tries to lead, when the ego tries to direct the Work, a devastating conflict erupts in the psyche.

So I took this to mean I needed to do my own work.

• Like 1

For the greeks if you go to the extreme directions opposites merge. Should you go to Heaven, Tartarus, Hyperborea, extreme East or West, ect. You'll reach a paradoxical place where all cosmological layers are available.

Same for the egyptians travelling through the body of the sky goddess is the same thing as travelling to the underworld. For the new year the king engaged in a ritual that united the opposites, the highests heavens and the underworld symbolised by a well, etc...

• Like 2

In terms of what I correlate with that center:

1. Higher Mind

2. Ego Death

3. Leaving the body

Edited by OldChi

If I´m remembering correctly, Michael Winn once remarked that he thought the original MCO went up both the front and back channels, and then down the central channel where it split again into two to return up. I mention this because I was reminded of this flow from Nungali´s video.