林愛偉

Three Hearts of Cultivation

Lin, this article is pure gold.

There's really nothing i can add , but i felt moved to write something out of respect:

"Whether one is of Buddhist or Daoist cultivation, keeping to virtue and moral is first and foremost."

Anthything and everything else that may come thereafter in the form of powers and so forth, are just by-products. For whatever of such may arise, who can claim them?

Patience, compassion wisdom - inherent in cultivators heart,

naturally springing forth

The sweet joy within.

Radiating among all.

All beings together awake.

One Mind

i wouldn't have seen my current inner conflict in this light without your words, Sifu.

it's really so much simpler than i allow it to be most of the time.

thank you.

*bows*

Edited by Hundun

hmm i just found an error within myself after reading it.

Usually, without a change in behavior we may find ourselves in the mind of feeling self-righteous and believing others to need our views and self-proclaimed wisdom.

thank you for writing this, sifu lin.

Lin.where do we find patience?

Patience only arise when there is non-patience.

:)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

i wouldn't have seen my current inner conflict in this light without your words, Sifu.

it's really so much simpler than i allow it to be most of the time.

thank you.

*bows*

In that light, these words are your words.

^_^

Peace,

Lin

hmm i just found an error within myself after reading it.

thank you for writing this, sifu lin.

recognizing your thoughts that lead to what you see as an error in your mind will begin to shed light upon it, and thus the attachment to it will be less and less until it is put down completely. At that point, only right view will remain

Excellent work. You have opened to wisdom. The more you cultivate with this in mind, the more wisdom will shine through.

Peace and blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Patience only arise when there is non-patience.

:)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Oh, but this is not the patience you really meant, was it?

As I read, I remembered the answer to the thosand armed bodhisattva's compassion...

In the world of causation, things are dualistic, and we understand the world with an "I, me, mine" mode of personhood. In this mode, it is true that patience only exists where there is non-patience. So also, does the idea of patience, does it not? (I'm very happy with your play on words, Lin) But patience in this mode is really just an illusion. It does not exist in the world that is free from dualism.

But I wish to also throw this into the soup to play with:

We're REALLY patient, that is patient as a Bodhisattva, only when we remember that to exercise patience is to "Scratch our own Itch." In other words, patience and vows disappear. It is then that we appear patient, and only then that we TRULY are patient. In other words, patience arrises when there is no patience. :)

And so you said it first. No?

Thank you so much for your nice article Lin.

Oh, but this is not the patience you really meant, was it?

As I read, I remembered the answer to the thosand armed bodhisattva's compassion...

In the world of causation, things are dualistic, and we understand the world with an "I, me, mine" mode of personhood. In this mode, it is true that patience only exists where there is non-patience. So also, does the idea of patience, does it not? (I'm very happy with your play on words, Lin) But patience in this mode is really just an illusion. It does not exist in the world that is free from dualism.

But I wish to also throw this into the soup to play with:

We're REALLY patient, that is patient as a Bodhisattva, only when we remember that to exercise patience is to "Scratch our own Itch." In other words, patience and vows disappear. It is then that we appear patient, and only then that we TRULY are patient. In other words, patience arrises when there is no patience. :)

And so you said it first. No?

Thank you so much for your nice article Lin.

It is as you say.. hahaha That is what I meant; Patience only arises in duality. And thus, is also an illusion, for duality is illusive.

Peace and Blessings...Peace and Blessings

Lin

I post it here for those seeking power, spiritual abilities and enlightenment

If I may humbly add something which i feel is consistent with this, here are some

quotes from Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

"Although powers appear wonderful to those who do not possess them, they are only transient. It is useless to aspire for the transient. All these wonders are contained in the changeless self"

"The greatest miracle is to realise the self. All others are sidetracks"

"What good will powers do? Suppose you exercise wonderful powers. Have you tossed worry out of your mind?.

Self abidance alone is the real miracle."

Hi Lin,

Great article friend!!

Got a question about your cultivation of seated meds. Does any of your seated meditation methods use moving the hands, arms, body whilst seated?

If so what do you feel about it - what do you think the purpose of them are compared to static seated meds be it mudras, mantras, to moving seated meditations?

kind regards

WYG

P.S maybe we can start another thread on this if you like? Sorry if i highjacked it but its still on cultivation and alot of people may find seated moving easier then seated static due to figiting or bordom?

Anyone else welcome also to comment!?

Hi Lin,

Great article friend!!

Got a question about your cultivation of seated meds. Does any of your seated meditation methods use moving the hands, arms, body whilst seated?

If so what do you feel about it - what do you think the purpose of them are compared to static seated meds be it mudras, mantras, to moving seated meditations?

kind regards

WYG

P.S maybe we can start another thread on this if you like? Sorry if i highjacked it but its still on cultivation and alot of people may find seated moving easier then seated static due to figiting or bordom?

Anyone else welcome also to comment!?

hahaha Fighting the boredom of sitting meditation.. haha

well that means the mind is active and is still doing something.. it just prefers colorful things...basically.

But the meditation in one of my other articles is just a basic description. There are other methods inclusive of movement and different arm and hand positions as well. I am not opposed to working with those as I do once and a while. There are many purposes obviously, but touching on one of them is that they are like keys fitting into a particular position to let in more of whatever its function is. Alignment is most important for proper alignment results in mastery of form and substance...over proper practice, and with other methods involved.

We can start a new thread on it if you wish.. be my guest to do so. Besides, we already started it here... lol

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I enjoy sitting meditatively. The embryonic breathing practices I learned from Yang Jwing Ming are awesome - the simplicity, really. I've found that just focusing on physical feeling and movement of the breathing method is a great way to get a harness on extraneous thoughts during meditation. Once I become comfortable, the mind gets much more quiet...and when you really start getting deeper into it, I find it relatively easy to let go of thought altogether.

Very good article, Lin. Thank you!