I am guessing this is the appropriate sub-forum. If it turns out not to be, I'll ask the Moderation Team to move it later...

Who can provide me with information about or insights into the entity sometimes known as Metatron?

• Like 3

Are you (the collective "you") aware of other names or incarnations by which Metatron is also known?

Are you (the collective "you") aware of other names or incarnations by which Metatron is also known?

Sometimes connected / identified with Enoch I think - which aligns with Thoth/Hermes/ Mercury ... perhaps.

• Like 2

Enoch and Metatron were both figured most prominently in the Merkabah tradition of esoteric Judaism - which has not been properly decoded in its entirety to this day.  In the era when it flourished, such teachings were required to be hidden in such a way in order to escape persecution, and apparently most of the context for decrypting it has been lost or forgotten or perhaps remains yet hidden.

It almost certainly consisted of an "astral technology" as well, in which invocations of specific formulae were designed to produce reliably consistent objective results in the realm of meditation.  Of course, such technology would require the proper preparations involving an essential understanding of the numerous elements comprising said formulae - but apparently it was akin to the methods of the egyptian priesthood whereby "dreams and visions" could be shared, made to last as permanent places and portals for interactions with higher beings and forces, etc.  Somewhat like a language or map of the astral plane which could be taught and agreed upon and therefore benefit from communal interaction and progressive development throughout generations.

The texts address a wide range of topics: there are numerous messianic references, extensive angeologies and demonologies, elaborate descriptions of the various heavens and hells, lists of Divine Names, lists of names of Metatron, and allusions to mystical states associated with ascending the Tree. The most prominent Chariot sections describe the ascension and transformation of Enoch ben Yared into Metatron, known as "The Youth" (Nar) to whom the Lord YHVH revealed the deepest secrets, and whom the Lord YHVH made the "operational manager" of this universe. Metatron, chief of the angels, is referred to in the Tanakh (notably in Proverbs 22.6 and Job 32.6), as well as the Zohar (I.223b). III Enoch, the "Hebrew Book of Enoch," contains a long discourse on the ascension of the Celestial Chariot by Rabbi Ishmael, the last High Priest before the destruction of the first Temple of Jerusalem. The ascension of Rabbi Ishmael drew vigorous protests from some of the high angels, who objected to the admission of his relatively impure human spirit to the supernal World of Emanation (Atziluth). When high angels get too close to the supernal Sefiroth in the World of Emanation, their wings burn: perhaps they were envious? The ascension by Rabbi Ishmael of the Celestial Chariot is a narrative allegory for the mystical ascent of the Central Column of the Tree. 

• Like 3

I think it works in reverse .   He was an 'incarnation'  - man or prophet and became an angel. Note ;  ang  - el 

Micha - el, Gabri - el ,  Rapha - el , Auri - el  .('elemental ' angels. ).. he doesnt carry the el (God) suffix in his name.  The angel Sandalphon  ( the on suffix is also another word  for God )  may be related .... the only other one I can think of with an on suffix . 

Since he was a man , probably Enoch , that became an angel, he is often associated with 'development' , the spiritual development of an adult or the individuation of a child .  That crosses over into the more ' learning and teaching' aspect  (Thoth / Mercury / Hermes ) of the 'record keeper' .  

He may have morphed into St Peter in Christian tradition -  in St. Peter's role as the 'Pearly Gates' keeper, and  keeper of the book of one's life record and admittance .   

He is also a popular 'New Age Angel'   .... for reasons I will let you explore yourself if you want to go down that path  :unsure:

-  did you get a message ?    Or maybe it was subliminal advertising for a new movie coming out ? 

79ffc17cfa6daa02f6784a71169534e5.jpg

• Like 5

It is said that Metatron is one of the two most Godlike Archangels (the other one being Michael). On the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, he reigns over the Sephira Kether ("Crown"), Although his power and wisdom are quite unlimited, he is often symbolically represented by a young boy or youth. His presence and energy typically accompanies individuals during times of great inner change, at the verge of a transformation to a higher expression of themselves (or to a manifestation of their "Higher Self"). This is expressed in the myth of Enoch being turned from a man into one of the most highly evolved multidimensional beings.

• Like 3

This is all very helpful. Thank you (and please continue!)

The info and clues provided have led me to an avalanche of information. One of the curious things I found is that the name in Hebrew appears to take two distinct forms -- מטטרון or מיטטרון -- I'm wondering now if the two have mistakenly been conflated (the former for the ascended Enoch and the latter for something more primordial).

Yeah, Nungali, something like that -- and I was encouraged to investigate for myself because I might be familiar with another name instead.

Metatron, referred to as the Big M in some Kabbalic circles.  Tends to be linked to space; emptiness of the Universe, this moment in time and space, the potential out of which everything arises.  Kind of a force or spirit of nature which we might be able to communicate with according to Kabbalah. 

Most of that I get from Rabbi David Cooper's CD Invoking Angels, which has a meditation on Metatron.  Not really my cup of tea, I'm more a Shekhina kind of guy.  I really like his Ecstatic Kabbalah CD which deals with kotodama, sacred sounds. 

• Like 2

Metatron, referred to as the Big M in some Kabbalic circles.  Tends to be linked to space; emptiness of the Universe, this moment in time and space, the potential out of which everything arises.

Which ties in nicely with Metatron's attribution to Kether.

• Like 1

Enoch and Metatron were both figured most prominently in the Merkabah tradition of esoteric Judaism - which has not been properly decoded in its entirety to this day.  In the era when it flourished, such teachings were required to be hidden in such a way in order to escape persecution, and apparently most of the context for decrypting it has been lost or forgotten or perhaps remains yet hidden.

It almost certainly consisted of an "astral technology" as well, in which invocations of specific formulae were designed to produce reliably consistent objective results in the realm of meditation.  Of course, such technology would require the proper preparations involving an essential understanding of the numerous elements comprising said formulae - but apparently it was akin to the methods of the egyptian priesthood whereby "dreams and visions" could be shared, made to last as permanent places and portals for interactions with higher beings and forces, etc.  Somewhat like a language or map of the astral plane which could be taught and agreed upon and therefore benefit from communal interaction and progressive development throughout generations.

The link in the quote you provided is very interesting. Thank you.

I have learned a lot from this thread so far.

• Like 1

as well as relating to Kether  (crown) we could relate it to  'crown chakra'  ;  ( in this context )  a 'centre of awareness' outside of the physical body  ( or just touching it )  and  further (maybe)  the 8th circuit in Exo-psychology where 'consciousness' is said to be 'non-local'.   Some see this as a medium for things such as telepathy , 'reading the record' , etc.  ... a level of 'universal consciousness' that we all partake in  ( maybe a 'collective super-conscious' ? ) , which one could see as  the 'mind' of Metatron. 

As far as other names goes, maybe the etymology of the name might help.

http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronname.html

Also possibly  the 'yazata'  Mitras  ( the Persian one  ) 

http://www.avesta.org/angels.html

and also possibly, via Manichaeism , Maitreya .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithra#In_Manichaeism
  • Like 1

It also has a  connection to a locality - The 'Feet or foot of Mithra '  - the Pamir Mountains , supposedly the 'original homeland' , Aryana Vaeja  ; Shangri La , Shamballa ., 'The Roof of the World ' 

shambhala.jpg

pamir_med.jpg

PamirBoundaries.jpg

• Like 2

I don't remember where I read this, but I heard that anytime people hear the voice of God, it's actually Metatron talking to them.

Does anyone know the relationship to the geometric form "metatron's cube"? Here's a 3D animation of it.

I've also heard story that Metatron's cube, as well as the Merkeba, are vehicles for interdimensional travel, but I haven't read any tangible theories on how the whole thing works. The only comprehensive material I've read about it is from the works of Alice Bailey, but there are points when smashing my face through a brick wall is preferable to continuing to read her material, such as Treatise On Cosmic Fire. Surely something worthwhile has lasted the ages that isn't channeled garble.

If it's true that ancient generations created locations in the non-physical for gatherings and for storing knowledge, then those locations should still be there.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1

Blavatsky in her Theosophical Glossary writes about Metatron:

The name among the Jewish Kabbalists for the Dual Ego, called respectively: the Higher, Metatron, and the Lower, Samael. They are figured allegorically as the two inseparable companions of man through life, the one his Guardian Angel, the other his Evil Demon.

He's come up in my meditations lately and seems to like offerings of Watermelon Tourmaline. He desires for you to take complete and unequivocal hold of your Godhood and bring your kingdom under your control. Lots of resonance around the Crown chakra IME. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

He's come up in my meditations lately and seems to like offerings of Watermelon Tourmaline. He desires for you to take complete and unequivocal hold of your Godhood and bring your kingdom under your control. Lots of resonance around the Crown chakra IME.

Yes.

Thank you.

Edited by Brian

That makes sense as Metatron is ruling the highest sephira in the Tree of Life, Kether ("crown").

• Like 2

That makes sense as Metatron is ruling the highest sephira in the Tree of Life, Kether ("crown").

Through the crown, yes, but more the point above that which is not a single point -- if that makes sense.

Those who remember me creating this thread may remember a few others I created about the same time. I've done a bit of integrating and expanding since then. ;)

• Like 1

Expanding asymptotically instead of to a point?

Yes. It's been made clear to me that the process is without boundaries.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.