Sign in to follow this  
Sunya

immortality process

I've been wondering lately if these stages are concurrent or if you can do 100 day one year and then two years later do the 10 months and a year later the 3 years and then five years later do the 9 years. I really like this article.

I can leave my body on a fairly regular basis (although it's usually quite draining so I generally avoid it) and "travel". These experiences started when I was young (around 13) and doing Dan Tien focus breathing. However, I do not think this makes me an "immortal" any more than any other human being is. I think these are just beliefs created as an attempt at interpretation of experiences that come naturally when one cultivates inner awareness and personal energy gathering and manipulation.

Theres two types of OBE's. One is the yin body that is like a ghost and cant be seen. Everyone has that one and is the most common to read about in esoteric literature.

The second is the yang body and thats the one that when it leaves the body it is from the top of the head, looks like a candle flame and when it re-enters the head the entire body feels like it is burning and it also radiates light bright enough to read by.

At least thats what I understand it to be according to traditional Taoist literature. I had hundreds of spontaneous OBE's and started the Taoist Alchemy to stop them which it did. I dont have the yang body though. Maybe someday...

i've really yet to see a good explanation of kundalini from the taoist perspective.

this is actually what draws me more to hindu/tantra because kundalini is a very real phenomena and many get it spontaneously

The second is the yang body and thats the one that when it leaves the body it is from the top of the head, looks like a candle flame and when it re-enters the head the entire body feels like it is burning and it also radiates light bright enough to read by.

At least thats what I understand it to be according to traditional Taoist literature. I had hundreds of spontaneous OBE's and started the Taoist Alchemy to stop them which it did. I dont have the yang body though. Maybe someday...

Interesting... not quite sure I follow the differences, but perhaps just because I'm ignorant. In most of my OBE's I do feel as if I'm leaving via the top of my head, but I do not feel myself re-entering/integrating through the top of the head. On one occasion I had a very energetic return in which my physical body was lying face down on the floor (I had been doing meditation and rolled over before leaving my body... oddly it's easier for me to actually leave while on my side or stomache). As I re-entered my home and came down on my body I tried lying down with my energy body's back side down while my physical body was face down. As I tried to enter a ton of orange and red sparks started flying all over the edges of my bodies where they were touching, and I began to feel very strong energy sensations. I couldn't quite get myself integrated until I flipped around face down and then I phased back into the physical.

It would be interesting to know/understand the difference between a yin body and a yang body while out of body. I do know that it is very draining for me to leave my physical body unless I've built up a lot of yang qi in my dan tien. If I do it too frequently it feels like having sex too frequently and I sometimes get sick. Early on I learned not to do this too frequently because of that unless I spend time charging up first.

clean.

very beautiful.

thank you. Ben Koontz.

Edited by rain

I've been wondering lately if these stages are concurrent or if you can do 100 day one year and then two years later do the 10 months and a year later the 3 years and then five years later do the 9 years. I really like this article.

as I understand, it must all be sequential and none can overlap, each part must be focused on for its requisite time.

as I understand, it must all be sequential and none can overlap, each part must be focused on for its requisite time.

What if it takes you longer then that period of time for a specific stage? can it take longer? if not does anyone know the effects that happen to you?

What if it takes you longer then that period of time for a specific stage? can it take longer? if not does anyone know the effects that happen to you?

You fail.

I think like with anything, we are all individuals. Those timelines are a general guide and it is the road signs of proper practice that must be followed. The 3 years might take you 5. (Of course, 100 days probably is a relatively rigid one. :P ) When you meditate, you know you cant go by some clock, I dont believe its any different with the long road in focus. I believe that's why for stuff like this its very helpful to have a master to train with - you have far less of a likelihood of ingraining bad habits or under emphasizing a key point in practice.

I think they are all pretty rigid. Where does it say in any Taoist alchemy text that you get do-overs or that the timing is flexable? I think I have read every one that is in English and they are all very rigid in their timing.

We need someone to complete the last 9 year phase and then tell us whats really going on.

http://members.tripod.com/internalart/home/immortality.htm

really interesting article.. what do you guys think?

Excellent article....it more or less coincides with what my purely Taoist ( no Zen or Buddhism or religious Taoism) teaches says...the only diff is that all 3 conversion processes happen simultaneously....not sequentially.

But there's seems to be no mention of sexual abstinence or dietary changes

Sign in to follow this