Green Tiger

Stand up straight and shut your mouth

This is a long video but it's very interesting.  His conclusions are basically that modern people don't exercise their jaw muscles enough and suffer from a slack jaw condition.  He suggests that people should keep their mouths closed and their tongues on the roof of their mouths.  

Tongue on the roof of the mouth?  Where have I heard that recommended before?  

He suggests it will make you prettier. 

• Like 3

I'm too old to be trying to look pretty and too old to keep my mouth shut.  And I can't talk if I keep my tongue at the roof of my mouth.

Its a "which came first? chicken or the egg?" proposition.  He says "when we straighten the teeth, they dont stay straightened".  The exact same principal applies to his idea about the position of the jaw.  

The skeleton functions as a whole unit, thats why the jaw affects posture in the first place.  However, as many here are already aware, there are underlying energetic systems which support the body in even more fundamental ways.  

I'm too old to be trying to look pretty and too old to keep my mouth shut.  And I can't talk if I keep my tongue at the roof of my mouth.

Bart if eeew  kkkep eet ghere ith e guud exkerhize hor yhhh hole marth
  • Like 3

It's hard to change one feature like that if the whole body is out of whack and I feel that doing it in order to be beautiful comes part and parcel with all the misunderstood recommendations in the modern world. Not saying it's bad advice but...

If a person has a crooked spine, telling them to "just stand up straight" isn't necessarily going to make it better. But maybe energetic practices that sort out their governor channel (du meridian) could fix it.