ZevonWolf

New bum checking in!

Hey everyone!

Long time solitary Taoist here looking to learn more, get involved and hang out with some like-minded folks. I guess I first learned about the subject many years ago when I started martial arts. It was really just a mild interest at first but over the years I studied on my own and it really seemed like a system of philosophy that made a lot of sense. I started to see the principles of yin and yang in many thing I did in life. I think it also helped that I’m an outdoor kind of person that loves to camp lol.

Besides trying to learn more about Taoism my other hobbies include camping, hiking, search and rescue, computers, martial arts and board games! I reside in Tampa Florida where its currently 52 degrees! Yes thats way too cold for Florida  :D

• Like 3

Hello, ZevonWolf, and welcome to the forums,

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. You will find plenty of (no longer so) solitary Taoists here. :)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael Sternbach and the TDB team

Hi Zevonwolf - glad you're here, and look forward to your input and conversation.  My husband and I just bought a mobile home in Ocala, FL to get out of the Ohio winters.  We were down there just a few days ago and about froze our arses off one night in the motel.

You might want to PM another Floridian, Marblehead - he's quite active on the forum and he's in Jacksonville.  Takes his gardening and fish ponds quite seriously.  I look forward to spending some of the year down in your neck of the woods.

Manitou

• Like 1