Sign in to follow this  
Mariller

Greetings

Hello i am bowen/mariller i am currently residing in utah.

I grew up in a very devout lds family and i have never felt like i believed in the religion and after time went on i started to feel more and more empty inside. So i decided to start researching and learning about religion for myself. I have read about quite a few different religions and none of them really stuck with me until i started reading tao te ching and something just struck me so i decided to learn more about taoism and to learn more about what i really believe in life. And ever since i started learning more about taoism my life has started to change i more interested in life and actually doing stuff. I am starting dedicate myself to school again and i have been feeling fuller in life. Before this i was going through a very dark time.

Thats pretty much all i can of for an introduction.

-bowen, age 16

• Like 6

Hello, Bowen, and welcome to the forums,

Thanks for sharing this great story!

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. You will find many like minded people here. :)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael Sternbach and the TDB team

Welcome, Bowen!

There is much to explore and to learn, and you will find a very interesting cross-section represented within the membership here. Don't take anything or anyone too seriously (especially yourself) and remember that you have much yet to learn and much room for growth (something I try to remind myself of often).

In time, you will reflect upon the lessons of your childhood and the beliefs of your parents from a more nuanced and positive perspective so please try now to retain respect and maintain a healthy relationship with family. They will worry about you because they love you.

Light,

Brian

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this