grabmywrist4

Sharing kung fu real combat videos.

The first two were great competition matches.  Different philosophies/styles.

In the first the guy in black was aggressive (proactive).  His opponent never had a chance.

In the second, the guy in red used defensive in the first round, likely just testing his opponent.  In the second round he switched to aggressive and dominated.  Of course, the guy in red had both the weight and strength advantage.

What I like best about the first two was that they weren't trying to hurt each other but rather out-perform each other.

• Like 1

the 2nd one     the referee outfit ... pompom cheering girls ???    :)  ........... looked like it was produced by  'If you are the one - kung fu'    or  ' iron shirt chef' ..... 

cq5dam.web.266.200.jpeg

The Taichi master in red is Wang Zhanjun, he became famous after several Wushu competitions where he was undefeated.

He was a Taichi master and instructor at Chen village school, you can find him here when he was younger and unknown:

He was asked to do a tuishou match with the famous sumo wrestler Akebono:

• Like 1

Video 1:  Doesn't play in my country.

Video 2:  Excellent  Nothing more can be said

Video 3:  Nice entertainment

Video 4:  Nice display of his strength and control

• Like 1

That was a lot of aggression in that first video.

The guy looked to be confident at the beginning with some punches and a kick but then the slap guy just comes in with palms of fury and completely overwhelms him. Do you have any other video's to add to the thread Marblehead? =D 

I don't have any, no.  Sorry.  I enjoy watching them but never take the time to do the searches to find good ones.  I rely on others for that.

And you are right about the competition.  The guy with the gloves anticipated a technical encounter but was greeted with chaos.  It is hard to plan for the unknown.

I saw a documentary and a really good movie about that art a while back.  It is actually very effective if the opponent doesn't know what he is up against.

The art developed withing dance because martial arts were not allowed when it started its development.  They all said they were just dancing.

• Like 1

They do this little dance step all the time in Okinawa ... some of it looks very much like a form used to practice unarmed defense against a bo (staff) and  disarming the opponent   ... the dance step looks 'cute'  , but in the form, the attacker ends up doubled over with one  arm  in an arm lock using one end of the staff, while the other end winds up pressing up into the 'potatoes' . Then a kick is delivered to the side of the head (big toe in the spot just below and behind the ear.   - urk ! 

Good to see a capoeira 'professor' in  action in MMA .    Often that does not go as good  ( but that guy was good ) .

1. Dont show off ! 

2. Close into a reverse roundhouse dont 'half back off' ! 

• Like 1

They do this little dance step all the time in Okinawa ... some of it looks very much like a form used to practice unarmed defense against a bo (staff) and  disarming the opponent   ... the dance step looks 'cute'  , but in the form, the attacker ends up doubled over with one  arm  in an arm lock using one end of the staff, while the other end winds up pressing up into the 'potatoes' . Then a kick is delivered to the side of the head (big toe in the spot just below and behind the ear.   - urk ! 

Good to see a capoeira 'professor' in  action in MMA .    Often that does not go as good  ( but that guy was good ) .

1. Dont show off ! 

2. Close into a reverse roundhouse dont 'half back off' ! 

Do you have any clips of the Okinawa dance? And it seems that clip is a scene from a movie shot at a different angle. the movie is called never back down. Here is the movie version clip. And anyone else here feel free to share any kung fu/ traditional martial art combat videos you know of =D

• Like 1