Green Tiger

Rare footage of Grandmaster Chen Yiren (Chan Yik Yan) practicing the Liuhebafa Nanjing 66 form

I know a few people around here are really excited that this video mysteriously surfaced recently.  Thought I'd share it here in case other Bums are interested.

If anyone is familiar with this style, I'd be interested in reading your comments on the Grandmaster's performance.

• Like 8

Well, the main point I would make is that he kept an excellent center of gravity and therefore balance and control.

• Like 1

I know a few people around here are really excited that this video mysteriously surfaced recently.  Thought I'd share it here in case other Bums are interested.

If anyone is familiar with this style, I'd be interested in reading your comments on the Grandmaster's performance.

it's really rare. Now it's possible for anyone to see who learnt what, comparing with modern masters. The performance is maybe the best video available, so consider it as a high standard of LHBF. As we see, those who think LHBF is a "mix of bagua, xinyi and taiji" are just wrong...

• Like 1

What are the Chinese characters for his name? Can't watch this video on this side of the firewall, but maybe there's a copy on Baidu...

What are the Chinese characters for his name? Can't watch this video on this side of the firewall, but maybe there's a copy on Baidu...

Chen Yiren/ Chan Yik Yan/ 陳亦人

The Lokhupbafa paradox is that while according to legend, it predates each of the internal arts of Tai Chi, BaGua and XingYi , it contains elements of all three.

http://www.moytaichi.org/lok-hup.html

Edited by Taoist Texts

Chen Yiren/ Chan Yik Yan/ 陳亦人

The Lokhupbafa paradox is that while according to legend, it predates each of the internal arts of Tai Chi, BaGua and XingYi , it contains elements of all three.

http://www.moytaichi.org/lok-hup.html

only for those who have never learnt liuhebafaquan (and other internal martial arts as well).

Do you know LHBF's neigong, for example? So you compare only the choreography, it has no big sense. Elements are nothing, though even visible similarity can be very misleading. Principles are more important: bufa, shenfa etc. And it doesn't mean lhbf is "better" or "worse", it's just very different. And sometimes the difference is so big, so it's good to question ourselves what really distinguish Neijia, Internal styles, from numerous imitations forged in 20th century... Then LHBF will occupy a proper place in the history of Chinese martial arts, without illusions made by numerous evangelists like Moy.