Sign in to follow this  
Katastral

Kundalini, cannabis and cocaine. help!

Hey everybody!

I grew up in a enviroment where taking drugs has been the norm. I have myself been a drug addict since my younger days and were not able to quit for any real period of time until I experienced symptoms of a kundalini awakening more than a year ago. It was induced by meditation LSD, cannabis and the search for spiritual meaning.

Sleep deprevasion and high amounts of prana flow was experienced at first but I managed to alliviate the symptoms by going out in nature every day and direct the energy into trees. Recently, I also started doing microcosmic orbit meditation.

The problem is that I fell back into my habit of drug use lately after alot of recent heartbreak. I have had about three good weeks of smoking weed and three nights of using cocaine and the sleep deprivation is back in full force. I don't know if I might have taken any serious damage. I woke up this morning feeling like a hook was penetrating my skull on the back of the right side wich was new to me.

THE QUESTION: What more can I do to calm down the symptoms or to repair the damage done? And has anyone here had a similiar experience?

I know from studying the subject that Iv'e been more than foolish to relapse thinking that it was under control, but life has been so surreal to me recently. I did find a sense of purpouse and love for life for the first time in my life! But in the period of heart breaks and the surreal I kinda lost my grip. I know that I will turn my life around, if and when I get through this.

Please! If you know something that could be of help, it would mean the world to me!

Much love to all

Edited by Katastral

You may consider going into a drug treatment program or support group. Wu chi posture (chi kung standing) may be quite beneficial. Lam cam Chuen has some great videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07FauHYlmg 

I will look into this, thank you! Kicking the habit should not be a problem after confirming how bad my body now reacts to drugs. Any info on alliviating the kundalini side effects though is very welcome, blessings to you

• Like 2

Don't worry my friend, there are lots of things you can do and in a few weeks your side effects might be significantly reduced. You haven't taken any damage by the way. I've been down to three hours of sleep every day for weeks on energy highs and no permanent damage. All of that worrying is only going to aggravate the disruptive energy sensations, because that's how kundalini functions.

Five years ago I accidentally released it myself, and am now in a much better place. Here are some things you can do:

1) The microcosmic orbit

This one is a life-saver. It will teach you to make the energy go in a loop in your body (so the energy doesn't get stuck) and you will learn to ground the energy in the lower belly in the end. It's the most important kundalini exercise I've done and I still do it daily. It takes about 20-30 mins. Do it slowly, and focus on grounding in the end. Took about a week for me to feel the full effect. I see you are already doing this so that's great :).

2) Standing in stillness practices

Work great for grounding energy into the earth or out of your head. Can be done in 2-3 mins. You can combine it with the triple heater which will clear your central channels of any heat/energy.

3) Pan-gu (Michael Winn)

Integrates yin-yang and reduces most major polarity issues. Can be done in 5-6 minutes.

These are the ones I would recommend you, and in that order of importance: The orbit is the most important one I'd say. All of them give you a way more harmonized energy system and less excess energy in the upper energy centers in the body and head. I can show them to you over Skype if you need it. Probably won't take more than half an hour or so.

Also, when it comes to kundalini you need to acknowledge and embrace your fears. If at any time you think "oh no what will happen here", or "oh no what is going to happen if I don't do this and that" then fuck that: You can't control anything, you can't predict anything. Be happy for what is and enjoy that ride - that's the kind of mentality that is better for kundalini.

This video might be interesting for you:

• Like 3

Thank you both so much! So much love for all the support you are offering <3 Very nice of you to offer up skype time aswell, I might take you up on that if I run into any difficulties when learning these. 

Again, thank you. These answers have already proven useful!

Your addiction might be already sympthom of Kundalini since it is mor complex thing. There is danger in it cause Kundalini likes to feed on things that fascinate her, like drugs, so it is important to nourish yoursef with good food, good literature good enviroment, loving atmosphere . So when things will go further you can be drown into even more addiction - I saw it already and does not look pretty.

So these things you can easily let go of. No need to go there each addiction, you can let go of knowing that these substances violate your system.

Also contact with healthy, non abusive spiritual Master can be healing to you. It can sweep away all obsessions in a split of a moment. All through experience of his true love, and obsessions came out of lack of love basically

Hey everybody!

I grew up in a enviroment where taking drugs has been the norm. I have myself been a drug addict since my younger days and were not able to quit for any real period of time until I experienced symptoms of a kundalini awakening more than a year ago. It was induced by meditation LSD, cannabis and the search for spiritual meaning.

Sleep deprevasion and high amounts of prana flow was experienced at first but I managed to alliviate the symptoms by going out in nature every day and direct the energy into trees. Recently, I also started doing microcosmic orbit meditation.

The problem is that I fell back into my habit of drug use lately after alot of recent heartbreak. I have had about three good weeks of smoking weed and three nights of using cocaine and the sleep deprivation is back in full force. I don't know if I might have taken any serious damage. I woke up this morning feeling like a hook was penetrating my skull on the back of the right side wich was new to me.

THE QUESTION: What more can I do to calm down the symptoms or to repair the damage done? And has anyone here had a similiar experience?

I know from studying the subject that Iv'e been more than foolish to relapse thinking that it was under control, but life has been so surreal to me recently. I did find a sense of purpouse and love for life for the first time in my life! But in the period of heart breaks and the surreal I kinda lost my grip. I know that I will turn my life around, if and when I get through this.

Please! If you know something that could be of help, it would mean the world to me!

Much love to all

Edited by Kubba

One more thing, and im speaking from experience now: be careful of listening people who give advice about the kundalini but have not had a release themselves. They dont always know what they're talking about. For instance i dont know what rainbowvein refers to when she says the orbit can aggrevate kundalini. That goes against the wisdom of the community, energy theory and the direct experiences of the many kundalini sufferers i've spoken to.

• Like 2

You remain equally free at each moment to choose more drugs or no drugs or switch drugs (lots of folks seem to like caffeine, not a fan of uppers myself).

They have only offered you sensation and your true being is unaffected. That said, respect your body and especially if you're going to party get a solid 8hrs of sleep in and pamper yourself with only the best nutrition. A strong healthy optimally nourished and well rested body is a vessel capable of amazing single event experiences with weeks in between. Repeatedly dosing stimulants leads rapidly to tolerance and increasing doses to perceive effect. Wasteful of the compound and resting vitality.

Enjoy sitting on the dirt breathing in a forest.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 3

Sorry for late update! Been forgetting to check this topic since Iv'e been getting some great help wich has been working well so far :) 

The microcosmic orbit has also been working really well. From what I gathered it could perhaps aggrevate the symptoms if you rush it around your body since that seems to create more energy. Doing it slowly seems to be the trick but one should always be cautious I guess, thank you for the recommendation :)

Thank you too rainbowvein, for your input. I did not do drugs for a spiritual purpose though, I did them just to not feel like shit. Altough shrooms and LSD seems to have been a catalysator to propell me into the world of spiritual I am using that path to try and free myself from drugs. I don't think they would have any positive effect at all at this point either.

And amen to that Perceiver! I had the worst period of all after heeding some terrible advice from a sharlatan in the beginning of my kundalini awakening. I had to pay about 3 weeks sleep for that so Iv'e been scared to ask for more help until now :)
Really glad that I did though! 

Bless you all!

Despite

• Like 1

Coming from a background that has some relationship with the one you are talking about, and being on the other side, I have lots to say, but I'll try to keep it as brief as possible:

Substance abuse can be really hard to kick if you don't have the right environment.

what that means is that you may need to ditch drug user friends, or even change the places you choose to hang out.

You should form new bonds with clean people.  This can be really hard without a community, and of course there are many communities such as narcanon that you can join.  Beyond that, you should look into social hobbies with healthy people.

When I was fixing myself, I spent a lot of time with local Qi Gong and Taijiquan groups.  The members of those classes were mostly old folks, and were very compassionate, understanding and caring.  That launched me into what would ultimately become a passion for learning Daoism and the culture surrounding it.

I would advise you to spend more time doing physical things, martial arts, yoga, running, or other sports can help you rebalance your pysiology and ease your psychological situation.   In short, serious exercise can release large amounts of Endorphine, which in the short term can serve as a fix for the empty space that not taking drugs can leave in your life.

Meditation is really good, but you need to be mature enough not to rush it.  rushing meditation practice and trying to get obvious results is just about as bad as taking drugs.  The negative effects are just slower.

If you are mature and ready to meditate, I suggest finidng a teacher.  No teacher, you practice.  I can't stress this enough!  You need to find a good teacher who really understands what meditation is.  Don't mess around by yourself, as it will certainly lead to bad results.  I've seen lots of recovering people get too hard into freaky meditaiton stuff and get totally weirded out.

If you want to quit drugs for real, you need to have the determination not to go back.   This is deadly serious, and you should understand that your life isn't a light subject that can be toyed with.   You might also want to quit drinking alcohol if you do that.

After about 8 years of being clean, I went back to being able to have  a casual glass of wine, and I think it is possible, but I would suggest that again, it requires a lot of maturity.

Remember that your life is important, and being alive is a good thing.

Please respect yourself and start acting on that respect and love now.

• Like 4

Thank you Ocean Form! I have been doing a form of water meditation where I visualize rain filling up my chest and then pouring down into my body with each breath wich worked well :) Did you have any other specific practice in mind?

And thank you Sillyhappyhoneyeater! :) Some good advice in there altough narconon has ties to scientology and has a pretty bad rep if I am not mistaken. There are other places Im sure but I have support from other ex drug addicts who are close friends and I think that will be more valuable still. 

Edited by Katastral

I lived through a pretty intense Kundalini episode of a couple of years and had also abused substances prior to that, namely mephedrone (4-methyl methcathinone), cannabis and cocaine.

Symptoms for me included but were not limited to: derealization, ungroundedness, "hallucinations" both visual and audio, intense heat shooting up my spine, bright-flashes of light, racing-thoughts and a constant pressure at the front of my head which felt like a heavy appendage protruding from my brow which could be alleviated only for a few seconds by physically rubbing my forehead to disperse it.

I also tried grounding my energy through trees which helped only mildly for a few minutes.

I attempted rooting myself to the earth using mental grounding techniques, e.g. feeling a cord from my root reach down into the center of the earth. This initially would alleviate symptoms for a few minutes and then would later aggravate them for hours as it caused more heat to rise up my spine after a slight time delay.

One more thing, and im speaking from experience now: be careful of listening people who give advice about the kundalini but have not had a release themselves. They dont always know what they're talking about. For instance i dont know what rainbowvein refers to when she says the orbit can aggrevate kundalini. That goes against the wisdom of the community, energy theory and the direct experiences of the many kundalini sufferers i've spoken to.

The microcosmic orbit only intensified my symptoms, as if I were to do anything involving my back or spine it would send hot energy shooting up immediately and the intensified symptoms would last for hours, so I was careful not to practice this even though many had suggested it. In the OP's case it may help as they say it is doing them good, but from my experience it was very clear that it just aggravated my issue.

Here's a link to some resources on recovering from Qigong practices which have caused excessive uncontrollable upward qi-flow. The advice about not doing practices which cause energy to rise and how to bring the energy down applies, it certainly did to me. This page in particular is relevant. In general they advise not to circulate but to focus on bringing the energy down.

Substance abuse, especially with stimulants, can cause Kidney Yin deficiency which can lead to Heart Fire going out of control, which may explain lots of the symptoms as well. Rebuilding the kidneys can be a long road, but it's worth it.

In general what's actually helped me is the following:

- Consuming kidney tonics (such as Shaman Shack concentrated He Shou Wu and Goji Berries)
- Physical exercise, especially of the lower body

- Meditation on emptiness
- Breathing qi down into the dantian, feet or testicles
- Focusing on my heels (in particular using Robert Bruce's N.E.W. method with focus on my heels)
- Gary Clyman's conensing breathing has helped a lot, which may be counterintuitive since it builds a fire-like power. But effectively you're condensing Qi into Jing so this may have also helped my kidneys. All I know is that if I feel ungrounded and spacey, I can do condensing breathing and immediately I feel solid, dense and connected to reality.
- Limiting my Qigong practice to water methods (with the exception of condensing breathing)

• Like 1

yeah, I never went to narcanon or aa or anything, I just did it myself.   It was pretty crazy, but I forced myself because I was afraid for my life.  I think to really quit, you do have to be kind of afraid for your life, otherwise it is just too tempting to go back.

I had friends who went to narcaonon and it worked out for them, but I always felt that those type of groups were a little too hardcore for my personality. I'm a pretty soft person and somewhat shy, especially around intense people.   I have a really suppotive family though, and they saved my ass.  Anyway, you need community, and it needs to be clean and supportive.

• Like 2

yeah, I never went to narcanon or aa or anything, I just did it myself.   It was pretty crazy, but I forced myself because I was afraid for my life.  I think to really quit, you do have to be kind of afraid for your life, otherwise it is just too tempting to go back.

I had friends who went to narcaonon and it worked out for them, but I always felt that those type of groups were a little too hardcore for my personality. I'm a pretty soft person and somewhat shy, especially around intense people.   I have a really suppotive family though, and they saved my ass.  Anyway, you need community, and it needs to be clean and supportive.

isn't 'narcanon' part of Scientology? gets people off drugs with the aim to bring then into Scientology...

Edited by wilfred

About kidney tonics.. I've tried a few dragon herbs products and was not very impressed except for their "healers tea" which absolutely rocks. I've tried to replicate it but I don't know where to find high quality Dendrobium nobile (orchid).

Cool that you've intuitively done it :)

Bruce Frantzis is kind of the man to go to, but please don't let his stuff get in the way of free experimentation.

Basically you dissolve blockages through sensitivity instead of energizing them or "willing" them to open in any way.

Search dissolving on this forum. The posts might be a bit out dated.

It's a very valuable meditation in that it teaches what essential, but imo unavailable, chinese concepts like "non-doing" feel like.

And once you have a taste of non-doing... :)

If you can feel the difference between a desert and an ocean, how they affect your energy... you can work with it.

if you liked the healers tea, try their 'Yin Replenisher' tincture, much cheaper for how far it goes, the same lead herb (Dendrobium). goes great in the Spring Dragon Tea (Gynostemma) or any other tea/fruit drink really. my personal favourite concoction for major YIN is in watermelon juice :D

mLYF8eN.jpg

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1

When I was younger, I went through sleep-deprivation induced by kundalini.  I basically did not sleep for roughly three weeks (exact number of days, I'm not sure, a lot of it is blurry...).  It resulted in lots of hallucinations, paranoia, craziness.  Fortunately, I got better thanks to medicine (sleep meds and anti-psychotics, which I went off right after I got better).

As I read your post, it reminded me of my experience, so I just wanted to caution you.  If your sleep deprivation gets really bad, as mine did, seek medical and possibly psychiatric help asap.  I don't think strong sleep meds are good long term, but I really recommend them short term.  Any potential damage the meds may cause is way less damaging than psychosis and paranoia can be.  I was contemplating suicide quite often in that stage (note: I was not before or after).

You will more than likely be totally fine, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to share this information.  :)

Btw, I recommend cutting out the cocaine (uppers will make sleep deprivation worse) and cutting down on cannabis.  Although cannabis is relatively benign in the substance world, it does have a subtle effect and in my experience is best used for medical conditions (insomnia being one of them), or not at all.  Very moderate use can be good too, although this is sometimes difficult to do skillfully!

All the best,

Futuredaze

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 4

Thank you all so much for your answers and the effort that you put into them! The energy has settled into a mild state where I can sleep although i need to get active again (been sick for almost 2 weeks) so I can get a real good nights shut eye. It's really comforting to hear stories from similar experiences to mine and I am taking all your advice into consideration.

I am staying of drugs completely and has been doing so since posting this subject. Will keep doing so also cause I fear for my sanity would I continue taking them. Just need to get my routines in order and then I'll feel very positive going forward.

Bless all you kind hearted people! :)

Edited by Katastral
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this