Oolong Rabbit

The dream thread

Hey all, I had an interesting dream last night, and thought it would be cool to start a thread where people could share their dreams and dream experiences.

So here goes. Last night before falling asleep I quietly asked to meet any masters that could help me in my spiritual development. Just before waking I had a pretty vivid dream. I met a young middle eastern looking man (younger than me at 32) and instantly we recogmized each other. He said "you probably recognize me from the forums" (I believe he meant tao bums :P ), "I was the boy who stood all day long.". The standing was standing meditation and I somehow understood that this meant he was naturally talented with meditation from a young age. He said said he had a party to attend but invited me stop by giving me only a street address. I asked which number and he said to just listen for the party. I walk up and down this street in a not so good part of town and find a house with a party, but he is not there and I am not sure if I am at the right party or not. And then........well and then someone knocked on my door and woke me up :angry:

So there it is. Much better than the dream I had last week where I experienced someone else getting murdered. Maybe more on that another time.

I had a really disturbing dream last night. The gist of it was that I got mad at my daughter and smacked her head into a wall. She passed out, fell down on the ground and got swept into a storm sewer. I woke screaming. Why would I dream something like that? :(

IMHO some dreams have deep meanings, but more often are just anxiety dreams; mind dumps of the worries that percolate beneath the surface of our consciousness. These dreams aren't bad and aren't prophetic. In fact they remind us of what is important.

So your dream has no meaning other then the preciousness with which you hold your daughter. I guess you could 'honor' the dream by taking the time to hug her and remind her how much you love her.

Michael

I had a really disturbing dream last night. The gist of it was that I got mad at my daughter and smacked her head into a wall. She passed out, fell down on the ground and got swept into a storm sewer. I woke screaming. Why would I dream something like that? :(

I work with a method of dreamwork called Dream Yoga(not tibetian Dream Yoga). Here we dont take symbols for what we are taught they are, but we ask them directly what they are doing in the dream. It is an interview prosess designed to show you your dream from the dream elements perspectives.

The thing with the dreams we remember is that they have passed through the mind. They have to be filtrated through our waking consciousness. This makes the "message" distorted. By interviewing the dream elements we can open up to see the hidden message behind the distorted memory of the dream.

For example a client of mine dreamt she came into a dark room and saw herself get brutally killed by a shadowy figure. She was very upset and thought this dream meant something really bad. We interviewd the shadowy figure and he told us that he never intended to be shadowy, and he never intended the dream to be upsetting for the dreamer. The dreamer realized that herself as the victim wasnt upset but really accepted being killed. In the dream the dream elements really wanted her to enjoy being killed. It was an aspect of her she needs to let go of and the dream group came together to help her let go of it, to help her move on with ease.

This is an example of how dreams can seem bad because we distort them, but are really a great help in our development and life situation.

If you look at your dream with Dream Yoga you might get surprised! ;) You can try in the "sample session" at www.dreamyoga.com

So your dream has no meaning other then the preciousness with which you hold your daughter. I guess you could 'honor' the dream by taking the time to hug her and remind her how much you love her.

Thanks Michael. I did just that. :)

I had a dream night before last that I was sitting with my arms hanging down at my sides - undulating them - and Max was adjusting me - getting me to loosen up more and undulate progressively more down to my hands. Until he said, ah, that's right.

Then I went to an energy class last night (IRL), and kind of remembered to keep my hands very soft and relaxed (as well as some other things). This girl I was working with then asked me if I had done this before and another dude said I had real strong qi.

Did Max really teach me in my dream and it help me out IRL the next day? I dunno, maybe? :huh:

I think there might be a Baby Dinosaur in my apartment. Seems it is sort of playing with me. It's shy but has a very high energy. Seemed like it was watching me a few nights ago and I quickly turned my head and it freaked out and I could hear this sound sort of like those toys that babies play with that sqeak or something.

It seems it is like slowly trying to communicate with me but it sees that I am scared.

Also..I woke up this morning and looked like the energy body of some BIG BEING was hanging out over me just chilling out and watching.

So..yes..I need to buy another pack of smokes now..

i see :mellow:

what color, shape or appearance did this energy body had if you dont mind telling ?

sounds fascinating if this is the result of your training

Regards, M

edit: intresting info shen zheng, dreamyoga !

Edited by minkus

I enjoy lucid dreaming. I don't work at cultivating it. When it happens, I relish it. I had a very long lucid dream a few months ago while on vacation. Somehow, I knew it was coming. I spend a good part of it making love and the rest flying - my two favorite indulgences while dreaming. I successfully used a recovery technique. At one point I began to lose control and lucidity so I started spinning and recovered complete clarity and control - it was cool.

i see :mellow:

what color, shape or appearance did this energy body had if you dont mind telling ?

sounds fascinating if this is the result of your training

Regards, M

edit: intresting info shen zheng, dreamyoga !

About 9 feet tall..surrounded with purple light..holding a large staff in front of him..the robe was made out of light.

BIG DADDY.

But like Smile says don't attach to such things..right? :unsure:

I had a dream night before last that I was sitting with my arms hanging down at my sides - undulating them - and Max was adjusting me - getting me to loosen up more and undulate progressively more down to my hands. Until he said, ah, that's right.

Then I went to an energy class last night (IRL), and kind of remembered to keep my hands very soft and relaxed (as well as some other things). This girl I was working with then asked me if I had done this before and another dude said I had real strong qi.

Did Max really teach me in my dream and it help me out IRL the next day? I dunno, maybe? :huh:

Great stuff. In my opinion it doesn't matter whether it was "really" Max or your psyche/shen manifesting knowledge in a form that symbolizes wisdom to you. The dream helped communicate something to your conscious mind and your cultivation benefited from it.

I work with a method of dreamwork called Dream Yoga(not tibetian Dream Yoga). Here we dont take symbols for what we are taught they are, but we ask them directly what they are doing in the dream. It is an interview prosess designed to show you your dream from the dream elements perspectives.

The thing with the dreams we remember is that they have passed through the mind. They have to be filtrated through our waking consciousness. This makes the "message" distorted. By interviewing the dream elements we can open up to see the hidden message behind the distorted memory of the dream.

For example a client of mine dreamt she came into a dark room and saw herself get brutally killed by a shadowy figure. She was very upset and thought this dream meant something really bad. We interviewd the shadowy figure and he told us that he never intended to be shadowy, and he never intended the dream to be upsetting for the dreamer. The dreamer realized that herself as the victim wasnt upset but really accepted being killed. In the dream the dream elements really wanted her to enjoy being killed. It was an aspect of her she needs to let go of and the dream group came together to help her let go of it, to help her move on with ease.

This is an example of how dreams can seem bad because we distort them, but are really a great help in our development and life situation.

If you look at your dream with Dream Yoga you might get surprised! ;) You can try in the "sample session" at www.dreamyoga.com

Cool site. I will explore it more in depth when I can make some time. I have the Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep on my shelf waiting to be read as well.

Veecee, that dream means you are a terrible mother! Teasing of course :P . I would guess it has something to do with a fear of losing your daughter. If you wanted to delve into the collective unconscious (does anyone know if there is a taoist equivalent?), it's a little bit like the myth of Persephone: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/persephone.html

Veecee, that dream means you are a terrible mother! Teasing of course :P . I would guess it has something to do with a fear of losing your daughter. If you wanted to delve into the collective unconscious (does anyone know if there is a taoist equivalent?), it's a little bit like the myth of Persephone: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/persephone.html

Thanks for the mention about Persephone. Hadn't thought about that. My daughter is 13 and starting to act more grown up than I would probably like at this point. So yes - there is probably some fear about "losing her".

There's also an interesting correlation between Persephone being carried into Hades, and my daughter getting swept into a storm sewer. Hmmmm.

Edited by VeeCee

Cool site. I will explore it more in depth when I can make some time. I have the Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep on my shelf waiting to be read as well.

Yeah, Dream Yoga is amazing. The Sample session at the website is pretty much work, but if you make your way through it I am certain you will be surprised. I totally kicked on it the first time, it was like my soul talking to me and I almost cried. But Im a man, so, ehrem, I didnt ;) Dream Yoga is just amazing. It takes dreamwork to a whole new level.

The creator of Dream Yoga lives in Phoenix, Arizona, so maby some of you TTBs have bumped into him without knowing it?

About 9 feet tall..surrounded with purple light..holding a large staff in front of him..the robe was made out of light.

BIG DADDY.

But like Smile says don't attach to such things..right? :unsure:

If you are being serieus then i suggest to take a small brake if these occurances scare you, or where you talking about this occurance being in a dream ? it didnt sound that way.

If they do not scare you then in your case i would be anxious to know who these beings are and where they come from, ask them with other words :)

It reacted towards your movement or behaviour or did it had a face ?

Dunno, yust asking, its a small world we live in but in a giant universe, more strange things happen then this.

Edited by minkus

I am not making stories out of it..things are the way they are..for you to give me advice on how I should approach things I am going through is silly an unrealistic.

My Mantras going forward are "I don't know" and "Be like water".

I am not making stories out of it..things are the way they are..for you to give me advice on how I should approach things I am going through is silly an unrealistic.

My Mantras going forward are "I don't know" and "Be like water".

I thought so, i was being serieus also.

My apology on trying to advice or interfere with your practice. When a colleage of mine at work randomly says there is a baby dinosaur or gigantic entity in he's room and sometimes it scares him i will try to advice also as the rest is mostly to shy to open there mouth.

However i am intrested in the things you observed for a reason.

I will stop asking, being curious isnt always good and i dont wonna hijack this on itself intresting dreamthread.

Kind regards, Mike.

IMHO some dreams have deep meanings, but more often are just anxiety dreams; mind dumps of the worries that percolate beneath the surface of our consciousness. These dreams aren't bad and aren't prophetic. In fact they remind us of what is important.

Michael

Well said Micheal

I think there might be a Baby Dinosaur in my apartment. ...

interesting..! i had a dream of a baby dino/dragon last week when I took a nap after practice.

I had a dream I went to a kunlun seminar the other night, only it was... a bit odd. It was in some sort of auditorium, and any of max's assistants had elaborate dress and makeup on. Almost like those guys in Curse of the Golden Flower that walked around announcing the time of day. People that were getting transmissions lied down and it looked like the spark on a spark plug from giver to receiver. It seemed like there were a ton of people there, but most people couldnt see any benefit to the whole thing and perceived it as some sort of show they were there to see. I was able to sit and chat with max, and though I dont remember what he said, it was profoundly genuine and it made me feel really good, in a relaxed contentment sort of way. I dont seem to remember many conversations in dreams, just more impressions. But max was the most vivid part of the dream. I went and sat back down in the auditorium and a few people asked me stuff and I was like 'nah, this aint bullshit'...and my dream either ended or I drifted off elsewhere that I do not recall...

I think that was friday night...because last night I did 2 hours of kunlun & embryonic breathing, then woke up 6 hours later and didnt feel like I needed to sleep any more for the day. I can still get WAY more relaxed sitting cross legged, so I did that for ~45 after I was done with kunlun.

The cool thing I have noticed is that since beginning Kunlun I have been more in touch with my dreams. I am not saying that this is an affect of Kunlun per say, but likely just a natural side effect of meditation. Another thing is that I seem to be much more able to keep my umm desires in check. I have gone a few weeks without ejaculation and it doesn't seem to bother me much. Maybe I should say I have not been going as crazy as I normally would since I have a pretty healthy sex drive.

In any event, last night I had a really intense dream. Basically something similar to the orgy scenes in Eyes Wide Shut, but the XXX rated version. I was about to take part and then it was as if my higher self (or whatever you want to call it) said "wait a minute, I know what's going on here and I am not going to indulge". I realized it was just a dream, and I was able to wake myself up. Ironically enough last night was the first night I had not practiced in weeks.

The whole non-ejaculation thing is hard enough without dreams like that. It reminded me of Buddha's temptation by the daughters of Mara. I think Cam got hit with this too, and got sucked in.

A method of not getting sexual dreams is to change one's view of sex. Look to the origin of one's ideas about sex, the views of the urge and the "satisfaction" from sex. If one can break down their ideas about sex and everything involved in it, finding where the sensations originate from, then the urge will not be a strong, and eventually fade away until one puts the thought in.

THere was a story of a monk back in ancient China who was called to the emperer's palace.

Before entering the emperor's quarters, the monk was searched for weapons and bathed by beautiful ladies.

The bathing by beautiful ladies was a test by the emperor to see if the monk's virtue was as strong as people say. When the ladies bathed the monk, there was no erection at all. No looks of wanting sex. The women touched him, stroked him, bathed him, but there was nothing that arisen..though he had a penis..haha it didn't become stimulated.

Then the monk was prepared to see the emperor, but before he did, the emperor had the ladies repor tot him and he asked the conditions given to the monk. The women all replied that the monk did not once give rise to sexual thoughts, not even an erection.

The emperor then was shocked, and said this monk is just as told he is, he is of great virtue, commitment and above us humans. Bring him in. And from then on that monk had the emperor's respect.

During those times, many monks and lay people thought they were all wise and great Bodhisattvas..not all but many ...a majority. So tests were given to anyone who was seen as having great virtue. Cultivators were diligent then, but few and far between. As we still have today in our world. Cultivators are diligent, and many, but real wise, and virtuous ones are few and far between.

In the past, cultivators had a head on top of a head. Now, cultivators have heads, and bodies piled upon each other. The trick to it all is not to add, but to lessen. It doesn't matter how natural something feels. THat feeling is simply passing and not something that can be grasped, or it can be felt 100% of the time. It isn't real.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

ive been told that the subconscious does NOT relate to NOT

if true worth considering when deciding what (not) to dream about.

Edited by rain