Sunya

the Nature of Consciousness

http://deoxy.org/w_nature.htm

this article is truly something. Alan Watts explains everything so beautifully and simple, when I read this article a couple months ago it was certainly life changing. many lightbulbs went off.. its long, but worth it.

Watts is one of my favorite authors!

Here's a little gem...

ERbvKrH-GC4

Edited by xuesheng

Ahh... The journey is the destination! Thanks for the video. Watt's The Book on the Taboo of Know Who You Are launched my journey.

Watts is fun stuff. I started reading his stuff about 25 years ago. It is a good way to point out to those that don't realize it that there actually is a path.

Anything that opens up thoughts to other possibilities and makes you laugh at the same time is welcomed. That's why I love Zhuangzi too.

Edited by beancurdturtle

A good friend and fellow cultivator just bought a large collection of Watts' talks on CD. I think it's a total of 12 CDs! He gave me 6 today to burn. I'm looking forward to some wonderful listening. I'll let you all know what I think of it when I've worked my way through.

i have his Out of your Mind series, its incredible.

did anyone read that article I posted?

I just finished reading the article. It was very long, but well worth the effort! Watts speaks so well and makes things seem so easy. The way he explains things just helps it all make a bit more sense. Thanks for posting the link.

glad you liked it kat :)

alan watts!

his metaphors are the best

Read it. Watts is almost always great stuff. I've read a whole bunch of it - mostly 25 years ago.

If you want the a good translation of the Dao de Jing ( good = neutral interpretation, approachable by the "western mindset" ) check out Merel's interpolation. http://www.terebess.hu/english/tao/merel.html

Edited by beancurdturtle

So the question is, are we having fun yet?

I suppose some of us must be, because we're still here.

I'd like to start playing the world peace game soon. (I know the World's already at peace, but you know what my ego means by that phrase too. It's the later option I'm reffering to. I want to play together nicely for awhile and see how that goes...)

Now that we're figuring out who we are in (hopefully) greater numbers, MAYBE we can change things up a little.

I'm getting tired of killing, arguing with, and eating myself.

You're good with ketchup though.

glad you liked it kat :)

alan watts!

his metaphors are the best

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Once my exams are over I'll be going to the library to hunt down some of Alan Watts' work.

I'm getting tired of killing, arguing with, and eating myself.

You're good with ketchup though.

I don't remember the last time I phrased that so well, I'm very pleased with myself

B)

sing along folks!!

with David Byrne in The Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime"

me and my husband have been singing and dancing to this tune the whole weekend.

evergreen.

I've love the Talking Heads since day one. I saw them once and sat front row dead center. To top it off, Burning Spear warmed them up! Probably my favorite concert ever. How about My Life in the Bush of Ghosts!!? The radio exorcist blows me away!

Oh, can't forget the Catherine Wheel... But my favorite will always be the first album - '77. It doesn't get any better. Thanks for that...

:)