shazan

North star/big dipper meditations

In many different qigong meditations and sitting practice meditations, there are visualizations/movements to gather norht star or big dipper energy. What exactly is the energetic or psychic significance of polaris or big dipper? Does it give some unique chi that is better than the solar chi? Why not other stars or planets?

North star is a representation of the One. It has the energy of Te in the Tao Te Ching. Its energy resonates at the UDT.

Edited by 子泰
  • Like 3

You can use the energy of all the planets. Planet energies in our solar system are mapped to different organs.

How does the big dipper make you feel? How does the space between you and the big dipper feel? How about space beyond the big dipper?

I think it's all just a matter of opening up one's mind to new possibilities and the feelings of new energies. One can connect to anything real or imaginary and feel, borrow, steal, give or push energy off to it.

No one chi is better than any other chi, it can only be better when placed in context... Better for what? I find chi within our bodies is best. It is most refined and feels smoothest and best to me. However that's for working within. External chi most likely is better for working without.

• Like 4

We've lost so much intimate connection with the sky.   Go back a couple hundred years and probably all mankind knew the stars and planets like there own neighborhood.   The heavens were literally the greatest show on earth. 

Unfortunately living in a modern city, the stars are barely visible.  Even worse, there are so many distractions that spending hours looking up, with eyes and spirit is rarely done. 

• Like 5