thelerner

New Year's cleaning..?

Wondering if we should put to 'sleep' any subforums that are stagnant.  Every now and then threads are pinned and experimental subforums made and if they're not being used much end up cluttering the site. 

I'm a believer that clean and lean is good.  The sooner people get to usable threads the better.  Too many pinned threads and subforums keep the number of discussions on a page low, which leads to good threads getting lost on page 2 and flowing downstream into oblivion. 

I think there's a Men's SubForum hasn't gotten much use for a month and isn't drawing interest.  Things like that could be on the cutting board. 

Just a thought. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I think there's a Men's SubForum hasn't gotten much use for a month and isn't drawing interest.  Things like that could be on the cutting board. 

Just a thought. 

Strangely enough, the greatest argument to having a Women's private area was that the Men must have one too... I remember being called biased, sexist, and discriminating to suggesting we didn't need a Men's area   :)

I don't  mind hearing of others feel some areas should be removed then staff can discuss it.

• Like 1

Well, theoretically the private men´s area would be perfect for discussions of semen "retention" and such but, although there´s been plenty of such discussion lately, nobody seems to want to use the men´s room. Maybe it´s an expansive yang thing?

I think the chief virtue of the men´s area has been to placate a certain kind of mindset that thinks there´s some sort of reverse discrimination victimization going on if women have a private area and men don´t. Which would be fine and all if it were actually getting any use. If it´s not, I say cut it.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Maybe it´s an expansive yang thing?

That's my conclusion.

Also I've was told a while back that it wasn't desired for the semen threads to be hidden somewhere because so many people come here to ask those questions.

So while I think these threads should be moved to the men's (public) area to both clean things up and to give a reason to use the men's areas, it seems there is too much resistance to this idea. Which ultimately returns to the concept of yang avoiding containment.

• Like 2