Sign in to follow this  
shanlung

In search of the Tao or God or failing that then the edge of infinity

Somehow, God seems to be rather pathetic in that the omnipotent God had to depend on hands of humans to write of him and about him.  In which might end as they writing of what they thought of him instead.

If such Entity existed, do they need to depend on hands of humans to describe them?  Or will his Presence be made known to us in ways inequivocal beyond doubt?  Such as in the heart of supernovas or in the essence of maths?

We know of a photo, even taken with best of Hasselblad and printed on finest of paper, or even film,  is finite.

When that photo can be enlarged, to what degree can that be done?

Magnified to 10 times will be a piece of cake.  I have seen the reflections of the camera and taker in the eyeball of the subject.

Magnified to 100 times, you bump against the grain of the material.

Magnified to 1000 times, you no longer have the image to magnify.

That image you wanted to explore into gone long time ago.

Magnified to 1,000,000 times, you be magnifying the atoms of the material

Magnified to 1,000,000,000, you be seeing the quarks and sub atomic particles .

Here is a video of what is known by Mandelbrot set,  of what I called the Fat Lady.

You will see the iconic Fat Lady appearing again and again.  Not sure if she will sing at the very end as that end never approached.  Maybe when we all got Quantum laptops and network all together might we see and hear her sing.

No matter how deep you magnify it, you see even deeper the details unfolding themselves beyond comprehension, at least to me.  Do not even try to explain fractals to me as you have to explain God to me and as you know, I am a Taoist and kind of beyond God.

Just sit back and watch this video.  Perhaps God, or the Tao might unveil herself to you here

Idiotic Taoist even more idiotic than before

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 1

There are many gods.

There are no such beings in the Source, that place is beyond everything and nothing. :)

• Like 1

There is one repeatedly popping up phrase ,talking about qi , that always catches my eye when reading those Taoist writings, it says :

"其小無內, 其大無外"

" So small that it has no content , so big that it has no boundary" .

Which , clearly can apply not merely to space, but also to time .

Relating it to Taoist concept of "yang shen" , a Mind that can exist outside of the body , not limited to any location , and capable of splitting itself and then co-existing in different places at a time , Taoist ideas are somewhat similar to or 'advanced ' to Modern Physics ( for example, its claim about parallel worlds..) that always shocks me .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

Hi Shanlung,

God or Tao does not rely upon people to describe Him / It, the people you mention are God / Tao expressed as people.  God cannot rely on anyone, for everyone is God itself.  In this way we have no duality, 'we' only have One.  Furthermore, God is not trying to get a message across, is not hidden anywhere hoping you will see - whatever you are looking at is the Face of God/ Tao. 

The fractal you see when you first open it is God appearing as a fractal, and the further in that you go and the deeper you go, all you are seeing is a different appearance of the same Face.  It will not suddenly be revealed through a different picture because all pictures are IT.  God needs nothing because God is already everything.  It is an arrogance of man to think God needs something and a misunderstanding of man to think God hopes to communicate something.  All this searching, is to look for something already in front of our eyes and behind them and all this trying is to overlook we are already That which we seek to be.

We have simply grown to notice the different expressions as being different things, and have not realised all those manifestations are One Thing, just simply being and unfolding within itself - this is Life living AS you ;)

• Like 2

Some gods I have seen in seated meditation practice: Ganesha, Lord Brahma, Hanuman. There are many others. It would be interesting to see the correspondence between the Hindu and ancient Greek systems. Maybe they vibrate in a specific way, depending on your Earth location, and manifest differently accordingly.

Edited by Gerard

Sign in to follow this