Sign in to follow this  
laotse

Neuro-Cranial Restructuring

hi

in his book about prostate orgasm plato spoke about a therapy called ncr. here are some links:

http://www.drmccarty.com/NEURO%20CRANIAL.htm

http://www.ncrdoctors.com/

did anybody here tried that yet? any experiences about it?

unfortunately it only exists in usa and canada, not in europe and the treatment also isnt that cheap. so i was thinking about alternative methods to relax the skull plates or the seams between the skull plates.

i remember bk frantzis spoke in one of his books about it, too. its a part of a technique he calls spine strech.

so, are there eventually other methods out there which you can do on your own to unlock the skull plates?

any experiences with that stuff?

lao

hi

in his book about prostate orgasm plato spoke about a therapy called ncr. here are some links:

http://www.drmccarty.com/NEURO%20CRANIAL.htm

http://www.ncrdoctors.com/

did anybody here tried that yet? any experiences about it?
unfortunately it only exists in usa and canada, not in europe and the treatment also isnt that cheap. so i was thinking about alternative methods to relax the skull plates or the seams between the skull plates.

i remember bk frantzis spoke in one of his books about it, too. its a part of a technique he calls spine strech.

so, are there eventually other methods out there which you can do on your own to unlock the skull plates?

Hi Laotse
As a bodyworker, I never heard of NCR, so I tracked it down. The before and after pictures are pretty impressive, some major changes after as few as four treatments. But the TREATMENTS!!! They put little balloons up your nose to inflate them in the sinus cavities to move your sphenoid bone around! Eyow!

Other possible strategies.... Cranio Sacral technique can address sphenoid balance, but maybe not as effectively as NCR. As far as I remember, Frantzis just talks about intentionally relaxing the cranial plates when doing the spinal stretch.

St. John Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) has some novel treatments for cranial rebalancing, and
osteopaths probably have some effective treatments as well. Rolfers will work up your nose (and mouth) with their pinky fingers to affect the connective tissue in your head and rebalance that way. Personal experience, this threatment hurts a lot. NCR's balloons may be more comfortable! That has got to feel really weird, though, balloons expanding n your sinuses!

You can work your own (external) cranial fascia by gripping your hair (gently!) and pulling. When the fascia relaxes, you can pull harder by just tightening your grip. When you're completely comfortable with pulling straight out, you can turn your hand to torque the fascia. Do it all over your head. (Best time for me is waiting at stoplights. Does look a little weird....) This really improves blood flow in the cranial fascia. Improves hair growth. If you don't have hair to pull, you can press and push adjacent fingers in opposite directions. Not as effective as pulling on the hair, but some men in my NMT class had returning hair regrowth in their balder spots using that technique. Oh yes, also, you can pull on and torque the ears � again, gently! You'll know you're being effective when your scalp or ears tingle and get hot due to the increased blood flow.

That's all I can think of...

Anybody else?

I did the balloons on myself, but I had years of experience with a neti pot, and a lot of practice with blood pressure bulbs. I got excellent results, but it's like anything, the intention you approach it with has a large effect on the results.

Aloha

Cranio Sacral Technique works. There was a Chi Gung traveler from Chicago that did it to me. She was holding points around the butterfly shaped bone in the back of my head as well as points that the fingers naturally position themselves at. (ref:phi) These natural harmonic curves in the spine have an inter-relationship that seems to get kinda funny when we walk upright and interact horizontally. Afterall we're moving around on dry land after floating in the solution of the womb. I had a "Watzsu" massage a few months ago, it's where you're floated in a large pool of water that is 98 degrees, and the massuer floats your with their arms under legs and head and starts slowing spiraling. The forces of the water spiralling, being able to relax into a semi fetal position and sensory immersion/deprevation is a nice combination. If that wasn't enough, then they start ossilating their arms in counter spirals, so your kinda winding and unwinding, weightless, completely "in solution", what occurs as compression fatigue in the spine completely "unwound", unbelievable sensory enhancements and "feeling good, feeling alive, vital" vibe.

There seems to be a group of "therapies" that induce the bodies natural healing response by bringing awareness to the various curves of the spine. 'Core' work is actually more then just the abdominals, imagine a squeezable ball all around your cavity. After wuji releases all the various ways in which people "hold themselves" subconsciously, a movement set that methodically contracts and releases all the muscle groups in your bodymind as a whole body mind.

Even an undulation once a day will reveal a therapeutric topography which will induct observation within.

More in a bit.

The shape of my skull has changed visibly, several times, since my skull bones started moving. I have a friend who is experiencing the same thing through daily practice of the Grand Prostration. I don't think craniosacral therapy will change the shape of an adult's skull, but other methods can.

I did the balloons on myself, but I had years of experience with a neti pot, and a lot of practice with blood pressure bulbs. I got excellent results, but it's like anything, the intention you approach it with has a large effect on the results.

Hi Agharta,
I HAVE to ask! How did you do this? Are you a doc or medical person? I've done finger work and many neti pot treatments, but that in no way makes me feel like I could inflate little balloons up my nose. Blood pressure bulbs???? How did you know when to stop? I am so curious!

Hi Agharta,

I HAVE to ask! How did you do this? Are you a doc or medical person? I've done finger work and many neti pot treatments, but that in no way makes me feel like I could inflate little balloons up my nose. Blood pressure bulbs???? How did you know when to stop? I am so curious!

Adeha

I am a trained nurse assistant. It's easy to know when to stop--you stop when you're using all your strength, ad the bones won't move any farther! :lol:

No, you stop when the bones move. In the beginning, they usually move pretty easily, or at least they did with me.

I was unemployed, hundreds of miles from the nearest practitioner, and had already had major movements in my skull bones naturally. Since I had been trained as a nurse assistant, I knew how to operate a blood pressure bulb. The rest is, as they say, history.

Yes I am quite insane. However, I was able to make it work. I don't necessarily recommend everybody to do this without some serious forethought and practice.

thanks for the answers.

is there something about the history of ncr out there?

i think dr. howell wasn't the first guy who worked with ballons inside the nose.

maybe there are other directions out there, which work with that method. are there?

or why they only do that stuff in usa....

about inserting the ballons on myself i have to reflect a while.....lol

lao

Edited by laotse

thanks for the answers.

is there something about the history of ncr out there?

i think dr. howell wasn't the first guy who worked with ballons inside the nose.

maybe there are other directions out there, which work with that method. are there?

or why they only do that stuff in usa....

about inserting the ballons on myself i have to reflect a while.....lol

lao

Balloons inside the nose go back to the 1920s. Howell, however, is the one who has popularized it. He came up with some mostly-bullshit method to determine which of the 6 passages to insert the balloons into. His real contribution is simply in popularizing it to make it more well-known. He's a pretty good healer, but that's it. No genius.

The reason why it's only done in the US is two-fold

1. lots of money and technology here, good scientific minds

2. we eat really poor diets and have very sedentary lifestyles, so, relatively, Americans are very fucked-up, healthwise.

I am a trained nurse assistant. It's easy to know when to stop--you stop when you're using all your strength, ad the bones won't move any farther! laugh.gif

No, you stop when the bones move. In the beginning, they usually move pretty easily, or at least they did with me.

I was unemployed, hundreds of miles from the nearest practitioner, and had already had major movements in my skull bones naturally. Since I had been trained as a nurse assistant, I knew how to operate a blood pressure bulb. The rest is, as they say, history.

Yes I am quite insane. However, I was able to make it work. I don't necessarily recommend everybody to do this without some serious forethought and practice.

Thank you, Agarta!
How amazing. Are you talking about blood pressure bulbs like on a blood pressure cuff? Did you gerryrig something from a blood pressure cuff? What did you use for balloons?

How did you get major movements from your skull bones naturally, and how do you measure changes? Did you have a particular problem you were working on? Did the changes translate into the rest of your body, like balancing spinal curves or leg length differences?

This is so interesting! One of the things that got my attention on Howell's site was a woman's testimony that the cranial work had caused remarkable improvements in her vision. And how bout the bit that "the brain expands to full capacity"!!!

Thank you, Agarta!

How amazing. Are you talking about blood pressure bulbs like on a blood pressure cuff? Did you gerryrig something from a blood pressure cuff? What did you use for balloons?

How did you get major movements from your skull bones naturally, and how do you measure changes? Did you have a particular problem you were working on? Did the changes translate into the rest of your body, like balancing spinal curves or leg length differences?

This is so interesting! One of the things that got my attention on Howell's site was a woman's testimony that the cranial work had caused remarkable improvements in her vision. And how bout the bit that "the brain expands to full capacity"!!!

Adeha

Yes, just the same bulbs they use for blod pressure cuffs. It IS jerryrigged, and that's the annoying part. I think a better setup could be invented, but I've never put my mind to it too much.

The bones only move to the degree that you're messed up. The more messed up, the more they move.

I use party balloons to get more pressure, but most people just use finger cots.

Changes are easy to measure. I know the shape of my own skull, how it feels. I didn't have any particular problems, just wanted to see what would happen. My hearing got a let better, and I can move a lot better and more easily.

Yes, just the same bulbs they use for blod pressure cuffs. It IS jerryrigged, and that's the annoying part. I think a better setup could be invented, but I've never put my mind to it too much.

The bones only move to the degree that you're messed up. The more messed up, the more they move.

I use party balloons to get more pressure, but most people just use finger cots.

Changes are easy to measure. I know the shape of my own skull, how it feels. I didn't have any particular problems, just wanted to see what would happen. My hearing got a let better, and I can move a lot better and more easily.

Thanks again, Agarta!
And one more question. Did you have a stategy re where to put the balloons (on the website they talk about evaluating the skull.) Did you just do everything you could reach? Do you need to know where the sinuses are specifically?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but this REALLY got my attention!

Thanks

Interesting, I swear one of my ears is slightly higher... huh.gif

How exactly does balloons up your nose fix this though?

I have a general idea, and maybe someone who knows more about it will add more.

A butterfly-shaped bone called the sphenoid goes through the center of your head, accessible on the outside only at the temples. The main body of the sphenoid lies mostly behind and somewhat above the sinuses. Actuallly, checking a skull here, the top back of the throat is largely sphenoid, and the back and outsides of the eye sockets. Looks like spines from the sphenoid stick down into the top of the soft pallette in the backof the throat too.

If the sphenoid's sitting at an angle, so will be your ears and eyes, and the sides of your brain compartments will be of unequal volume. Most of the cranial bones articulate with the sphenoid, so if it is out of balance, so is every other bone. I guess the skull would be kind of torqued. Cranio sacral practitioners move that bone in various mostly indirect ways, but it's difficult to get any effective leverage. (It could also be so delicate you would not WANT to get any effective leverage!) Inflating balloons in the sinuses, or in the nasal canal itself, however, could definitely apply some leverage. It would expand the sinus, pushing against...what? Looks to me like a balloon that would not seriously interfere with breathing would press backward and upward against the sphenoid, the part of the bone accessible looks like it's about 45 degrees slant going down and back.... I'm gonna have to check this out with some folks who are more cranial savvy than I am...

Thanks again, Agarta!

And one more question. Did you have a stategy re where to put the balloons (on the website they talk about evaluating the skull.) Did you just do everything you could reach? Do you need to know where the sinuses are specifically?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but this REALLY got my attention!

Thanks,

Adeha

I muscle-test to see which passages to put the balloons in. Ultimately, you'll have to do multiple inflations in each passage over a period of months and years to get all the results out of it that can be gotten. It's more about the intention than it is anything else. I guarantee it.

You're not inflating the balloons inside sinuses. You're inflating them inside the 6 passages that go fron your nostrils to your throat. each side has 3 passages, stacked on top of each other, and separated by horizontal flat bones. Take a look at skull anatomy on wiki or something.

A butterfly-shaped bone called the sphenoid goes through the center of your head, accessible on the outside only at the temples. The main body of the sphenoid lies mostly behind and somewhat above the sinuses. Actuallly, checking a skull here, the top back of the throat is largely sphenoid, and the back and outsides of the eye sockets. Looks like spines from the sphenoid stick down into the top of the soft pallette in the backof the throat too.

If the sphenoid's sitting at an angle, so will be your ears and eyes, and the sides of your brain compartments will be of unequal volume. Most of the cranial bones articulate with the sphenoid, so if it is out of balance, so is every other bone. I guess the skull would be kind of torqued. Cranio sacral practitioners move that bone in various mostly indirect ways, but it's difficult to get any effective leverage. (It could also be so delicate you would not WANT to get any effective leverage!) Inflating balloons in the sinuses, or in the nasal canal itself, however, could definitely apply some leverage. It would expand the sinus, pushing against...what? Looks to me like a balloon that would not seriously interfere with breathing would press backward and upward against the sphenoid, the part of the bone accessible looks like it's about 45 degrees slant going down and back.... I'm gonna have to check this out with some folks who are more cranial savvy than I am...

Adeha

Interesting. Do you have a good picture of the spheroid bone? Does it really run sideways like a see-saw with each side accessible from each nostril, or forwards/back?

It's hard for me to find a good pic.

121.jpg

Also, what if you just held your nostrils closed and "blew your nose" hard - would that possibly accomplish something similar? Or be potentially dangerous? :D

Interesting. Do you have a good picture of the spheroid bone? Does it really run sideways like a see-saw with each side accessible from each nostril, or forwards/back?

Also, what if you just held your nostrils closed and "blew your nose" hard - would that possibly accomplish something similar? Or be potentially dangerous? biggrin.gif

Hi Vortex,
I don't know how to put pictures up here, but you'll find a gazillion images of the sphenoid bone from many vantage points at:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...mages&gbv=2

If you close your nostrils and blow hard, the pressure would have to go out your eustacian tubes and could possibly mess up your eardrums. NOT recommended! (Holding one nostril closed and blowing gently is a good way to pop your ears if they get stuffed up descending from high altitudes.)

Actually, Plato told me about a qigong class he observed in New York Chinatown where they were doing something similar, but, instead of holding their noses with their hands, they were blocking the airflow some other way, I don't remember how, maybe with the tongue. I have done this while in a handstand, and it did cause bone movement in the skull, but the bones have to be pretty mobile from other methods for there to be a lot of movement, n my experience.

In general, this is an extremely forceful technique, and I don't recommend it too much. it works for me, but...

I had some bad ear infections when I was a kid, had otitis media and stuff. It was bad enough that they punctured my eardrums and vacuumed out my inner ear (my hearing is sensitive due to that...and my god that was one of the most pleasing massages I've ever had...I'd get 'em more often if the area wasnt so inaccessible :lol: ) I've had to do a lot of equalization practices my whole life using my tongue to help clear my Eustachian tubes. Since I've started doing qigong I combine them with turtle neck & crane neck (usually in the shower where its very hot & humid) to help clear them out when they become a problem.

I have noticed some changes in shape of my skull over the last couple years, mostly parietal & associated sutures.

After practicing lots of arm-waving-around-over-my-head-type qigong over the last couple months, I have noticed that my skull bones are moving more again lately. Sometimes they'll do that on their own, anyway, but I think this is related to the qigong.

Sign in to follow this