Grim

Just a couple questions(Lao Gong)

I was searching for "visible Lao Gong points' and this site came up.I have practiced a philosophy for over two decades, I've yet to find anyone that is permitted or willing to say what it is, but that's besides the point.  I've had visible Lao Gong marks on hands for the past 15+ years.  These do not disappear, but become more defined each year through a walking meditation.  I know that some that read this post will ask for proof, I like to say "proof is best given: face to face, heart to heart and soul to soul"  for example: I recently was at a place, someone offerd to shake my hand, when i refused, he asked me Why, I know whenever someone asks that, they probably have trained themselves to ask, but still see appearance. He made a joke about energy transference, then I showed him my left hand and went to show him my right, he looked to the floor and moved away from me, each time he see's me, he'll look to the floor, I think that, that's one Roshi that will not joke about those things again.  I have been told these marks prove the connection I have with Qi, is this true? and if so, Why would I have them?  I've never practiced Qigong.

Thanks

The one on my left hand is semi round, if you run your finger over it, you can feel it, when anyone does this, the area goes numb, like a dark red color. The one on my right hand looks slightly different, looks like a bubble, if you run your finger over it, you can feel it but instead of a numb feeling, it's painful, red ring around it.  hope that answers your question.

I assume Grim is referring to a type of "stigmata" appearing at Pericardium 8:

laogong.jpg

Acupressure Treasures: Lao Gong -- Pericardium 8

Buddhist "stigmata"[31][32] are regularly indicated in Buddhist art. (Wikipedia article on Stigmata, Non-Christian Stigmata)

A developments that can appear there from self-cultivation.  Qi is often projected from this point in the palm.  Its relationship to the Pericardium links it to the Yellow Court and thus indirectly to the Middle Dan.  The Pericardium meridian is special and linked to the Yellow Court which develops from it as one progresses, just as the Three Burners Meridian is the root of the Three Dan.

I noticed that there are other responses while I was writing the above.  The description Grim has given sounds more like the result of a Qi Deviation then a purely healthy Qi development of the Lao Gong points.  An ordinary acupuncturist might not be able to properly interpret it, but some other people here may have some suggestions.

Edit: Added "art" to the end of the Wikipedia quote which had somehow been cut off.

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 1

Some people believe it is, after they read my first book ( only 6 copies ), When I composed it, it took two years, two premonitions  and walking for around 300k miles, 8-14 hrs per day, which i can understand this sound unreal.

The title of the book is "patients has keen insight" it's written by Everyone, the reason why it's written by Everyone, the page itself contains a lesson. Teaches you how to unlock that phrase.

I thank you for all your responses, one should remember the following phrase:

"Whenever one intentionally/unintentionally creates separation/elevation

they remove equality(Compassion) and replace it with ignorance, fear and/or hate

which in turn allows suffering to thrive within people."

Within the second book with no title and still written by Everyone

What Zhongyongdaoist said.

And here's this:

Stigmata, burn marks, blisters etc on palms are the result of Hyperemia (pooling) at the LaoGong from the Pericardium Meridian acupuncture points

Acupuncture_Pericardium_Meridian.jpg

Hyperaemia or hyperemia is the increase of blood flow to different tissues in the body. It can have medical implications, but is also a regulatory response, allowing change in blood supply to different tissues through vasodilation. Clinically, hyperaemia in tissues manifest as erythema, because of the engorgement of vessels with oxygenated blood.

It is possible to get marks on the palms through chi kung chi packing exercises, but I dont normally consider them a positive thing. 

The traditional name for Qi Deviation is:

The term zou huo ru mo (Chinese: 走火入魔; pinyin: zǒuhuǒrùmó) literally means "walking fire entering demon". (Wikipedia article on Zou huo ru mo)

The implication given the use of "mo" that a demon or evil spirit is involved may cause some people to respond with superstitious fear, still consultation with a real medical Qigong practitioner may be useful and you may learn some things or have somethings that you have already learned confirmed to you.  Walking qigong is an established practice:

Walking Qigong

and you may have been unwittingly doing qigong for years.  I suspect it is much older that is written about in the article cited above, still it may be a good idea to have someone experienced look into the matter, among other things it might be possible to remove the marks, and still maintain your achievements.  Especially if, as it sounds like may be the case, one palm is acting as to absorb qi, or has that capacity, you may be picking up undesirable qi that could over stress your own system.

Edit: Correct some wording in sentence beginning, "The implication given . . ."

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist