Memmek10k

How has the internal martial arts helped you

Hi and thank you for letting me join, I have a question I was wondering, how has the internal martial arts or chi gong or any internal practice helped you in life and can you give me if you want some tales of your exp. with energy work?  

We have a wonderful search feature on this web site. There are many threads with the information you seek. Also you can use Google to search specific sites in this manner.

site:thedaobums.com internal martial arts health benefits or whatever the fuck else you wanna search

Here is a good thread to get you started.

http://thedaobums.com/topic/20672-living-proof-that-qigong-works/

Edited by GreytoWhite

Hi and thank you for letting me join, I have a question I was wondering, how has the internal martial arts or chi gong or any internal practice helped you in life and can you give me if you want some tales of your exp. with energy work?  

By now you have searched the forum and, when it comes to the IMA, come to this conclusion:

There are three major themes (with six sub-themes) and one minor theme.

Martial art

The martial artist:

Have learned to use full bodymind mechanics and now pack a really mean punch.

The martial dreamer:

Have learned to yield and be soft, and his teachers teacher, or at least the founder of the style, was known to have a fighting ability. Another ten or so years of softness will surely take him there.

Health art

The qigong practitioner:

Have learned to utilize bodymind mechanics which powers multilevel functions related to physical, emotional and mental health.

The health dreamer:

Slow movements and the feeling of Qi will surely be enough, especially if I do this for several years at least once a week.

Spiritual art

The meditator:

IMA teaches, among other things, an experience of how changes takes place, which makes me under stand the philosophy of change and impermanence at the level of insight. It is also a good parallell practice to seated meditation.

The other one:

Now I am one with my Qi and the universe.

The minor theme

I Don't care or rather don't tell, but I admit it is fun to do the practice.

• Like 2

Oppression, depression - None

Boring days - None

Unanswered questions - None

Sickness, poverty - None

Living Enemies - None

:)

• Like 5

Final examination

For ten points,place the statements above in the correct theme.

;-)

Edited by Mudfoot
  • Like 1

Start practicing rather than building the foundation from the roof (main problem of people who are walking the path of spirit).

What if?

What is going to...?

No, no, no. Here and now and keep practicing.

Bagua is my art and after 8 years of practice I have started to learn mindfulness and living in the present moment (I started doing random qigong 4 years earlier on my own with no guidance from real teachers and very little results). Imagine after 25 more years of practice.

• Like 2

We have a wonderful search feature on this web site. There are many threads with the information you seek. Also you can use Google to search specific sites in this manner.

site:thedaobums.com internal martial arts health benefits or whatever the fuck else you wanna search

Here is a good thread to get you started.

http://thedaobums.com/topic/20672-living-proof-that-qigong-works/

Thank you for your helpfulness. :)

By now you have searched the forum and, when it comes to the IMA, come to this conclusion:

There are three major themes (with six sub-themes) and one minor theme.

Martial art

The martial artist:

Have learned to use full bodymind mechanics and now pack a really mean punch. 

The martial dreamer:

Have learned to yield and be soft, and his teachers teacher, or at least the founder of the style, was known to have a fighting ability. Another ten or so years of softness will surely take him there.

Health art

The qigong practitioner:

Have learned to utilize bodymind mechanics which powers multilevel functions related to physical, emotional and mental health.

The health dreamer:

Slow movements and the feeling of Qi will surely be enough, especially if I do this for several years at least once a week.

Spiritual art

The meditator:

IMA teaches, among other things, an experience of how changes takes place, which makes me under stand the philosophy of change and impermanence at the level of insight. It is also a good parallell practice to seated meditation.

The other one:

Now I am one with my Qi and the universe.

The minor theme

I Don't care or rather don't tell, but I admit it is fun to do the practice.

No I have not learned how to do that, but am in the process of learning body mind mechanics and how to pack a really mean punch. and I haven't learned how to yield but I have learned how to be soft well externally soft anyway. as for the other stuff I never knew any oh those or the themes to these I will most defentily show them to my sifu and founder of Feng Lung. 

It helps me a lot about life itself. To deal with life issue in general most of all it will make you much more healthier for sure.