sonofruthi

Body Refining

Hi i am new to thedaobums and i was wondering if anyone knows how i can get access to body refining techniques that use qi. Such that uses qi not to gain muscles but to remove the impurities in the body and make the skin tougher.  Just a way to improve the physical condition of the body overall.

I think the best way is through a few lifestyle changes...

Go to sleep before 10 pm and get a full night's rest. Get like an hour of moderate activity (akin to hiking trails) per day. Drink a gallon of spring water, sipped throughout the day. Eat normal meals (that have proteins, carbs, and fats) when hungry, or 3 times per day. Find a way to relax each day...which could be watching movies, listening to music, hanging out with friends, being creative, etc.

People assume that working with qi requires doing some sort of esoteric qigong method. Actually, contrary to what is assumed, most of those types of methods will make a person worse rather than more normalized. Our bodies naturally detox themselves, so whatever supports the body's function (such as being well rested) helps that. Detox methods generally cause harm to the body, and most of the time produce false signs of improvement (for instance with the gallstone flush scam).

• Like 3

Yoga for the first, there is life time of study and refinement possible there. 

Tougher skin.. Golden Bell/Shield qi gong.  Not the easiest style to find but its out there. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I agree with Aetherous. Get enough rest, some dynamic exercise, do good work and be productive, develop your mind and just enjoy living simply and well. There's really not much more to it.