Netero

Potent Systems

Chia's "Healing Buddha Palms Chi Kung" is his marketting name for Shaolin Neijin Yizhichan Qigong (full name). A good and accessible book is;

https://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Nei-Jin-Qi-Gong/dp/0877288763/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480677706&sr=8-1&keywords=shaolin+nei+qigong

Regarding Peter Fenton's book, a member here who practices Nei Jing Yi Zhi Chan told me it has only beginners content.

And there's also this amazon review:

"As a person who studied with students of and later Peng Jui Ling himself (continuing to Luo Han Gong, Kongjing Qigong and the Poison Hand techniques), the man who is supposedly the source of the information of this book, I would like to take issue with the content. When I studied this form (taught by Master Peng as One finger Zen, also known elsewhere in the world as One Finger Art and Yihizi Chan Qigong), I was given his notes and I find many inconsistencies from notes to book, one of the most glaring the amount of time bending each finger, which is actually the core of this form. I would suggest this book be used as an introductory primer for someone considering taking one Master Peng's courses with either him or an instructor recommended by him, not as a substitute for actual instruction."

Some of this method is blended with other methods in the 'Healing Qigong' section of Qigong Empowerment.

Beware some of the expensive "courses" being sold on the web for this method.

Could you please elaborate?

There is a canadian site Featuring a chinese Grandmaster that sells a very pricy cd. They doesn't specify what you get.

There is an american basically selling other peoples hand-outs. He doesn’t specify if he is qualified to teach.

The first siddhi to master is also the most famous one.

The power of Scam.

• Like 4

I am not sure if I posted this before or not. I will be taking the new online Zen Flow Qigong course by Sifu Anthony Kohoraus. Probably spelled that wrong. His main teacher was Wong Kiew Kit who does Shaolin Qigong. In this new course he incorporates other things learned from other masters. I am taking this course primarily because of testimonials of those who have taken his other course and they state that after doing other qigong for 20 years, they feel more qi flow than they ever have because of Sifu Anthony. Sifu has told me that it is common for him to have people who have done qigong for several years without feeling qi flow in their body and he knows how to get them to sense the flow inside their bodies. He has made the course very affordable, so I thought I might as well see if he can create the qi flow in the body that I have yet to feel after having tried about 40 different qigong methods, including a popular one that I did for 8 years.

As a side note having nothing to do with what I just wrote, if there is anyone who does not believe that Qi transmission can really be done by anyone, then I suggest you invest in just one session with this fellow in Seattle who offers private online sessions. When he was giving me Qi transmission via Skype session, I could hardly move my hands together because the Qi sensation between my hands was that strong. It was a great experience. I did not continue to work with him because his fee is very high. I cannot recall his name but he has youtube video of his qigong method and I cannot remember what that is called either but I do have the manual for that in my collection in case anyone is interested. I would consider that a potent system.

Edited by tao stillness

I am not sure if I posted this before or not. I will be taking the new online Zen Flow Qigong course by Sifu Anthony Kohoraus. 

I've been a member of Sifu Anthony Korahais' Flowing Zen school for a year or so. Though I have been taught Shaolin Qigong I wanted a refresher, and I participated in an online webinar earlier in the year. The chi flow from the webinar itself was astonishing. He really is a very good teacher and his teaching works very well online. 

As a paying member of the Flowing Zen School I get access to the 12 month program coming up. So at least one of my daily sessions next year will be committed to flowing Zen. 

I think and hope tao stillness you will be pleasantly suprised at the chi flow and the simplicity of the whole Shaolin Wahnan system.

Regarding Peter Fenton's book, a member here who practices Nei Jing Yi Zhi Chan told me it has only beginners content.

Could you please elaborate?

And people want to skip beginners content and go straight to the super advanced stages?? The "beginner" stage of any mehtod is always the more important and relevant.

I said..

A good and accessible book is...

Personally I feel training in person with a teacher of a method is always far better than trying to learn from resources alone. If you have access to a teacher resources can help with the learning process, even if they are not exactly the same in content. I don't know many who would listen to a book over an actual teacher, but well..

Lastly, there are various resources purporting to teach this method, there are differences between them, and some are far more reliable than others. Several are also ridiculously expensive, especially for what you get.

So regardless of anything else, I still feel that book is the most accessible (cost and readability) point of entry into the method for anyone without a teacher. It is not a bad book, in a sea of crappy qigong books. If someone enjoys and likes the method, then they can investigate further, either in finding a teacher or forking out more money for an expensive course to (hopefully) take them further. It isn't rocket science, it's common sense.

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 1

Someone not too long ago asked which youtube qigong video would I recommend that is a good qigong form and one could learn it for free. At the time of that question I had no clue how to answer. But I recently stumbled upon one on youtube by Ellie Drew of Arizona called Rainbow Sun Qigong. I had my medical clairvoyant test it today and it is powerful per his report. I tried it and immediately felt chi flow in my hands for all of the extremely easy to do postures. The entire video is posted on youtube. Ellie has trained at hospitals in China doing medical chi kung. On the video she is demonstrating along with her mother and grandmother!

Edited by tao stillness

Hope Sifu Korahais' school works out for you - I took his introductory seminar online and gained a lot out of it, especially his training on relaxing the body prior to practice, his 5-Step method and the Flowing Breeze Swaying Willow "form" he teaches. I didn't continue with the school because, ultimately, I wanted to focus on the training I already had, but he seems like a decent guy who's passionate about helping people with his art. And his teachings definitely did help me tune into the sensation of Qi in my body during practice.

I paid for the first month of his new online course, Qigong 101, but I will not be continuing since Eric just tested that style against Rainbow Sun Qigong and C.K. Chu's Eternal Spring Qigong. Based on the test results I will be doing Rainbow Sun, and Eternal Spring Qigong forms and not Qigong 101. I tried Rainbow Sun Qigong last night for the first time and felt qi flow in my hands during each of the very simple movements. I think it is a very powerful and perfect form for beginners and senior citizens.

• Like 3

For those of you that want to google C.K. Chu's practice spell it like this:  Eternal Spring Chi Kung.  

I've practiced the style for the better part of 10 years now as a morning program.  Can vouch for it.

There are about 10 chi kung exercises in the program, the total of which invigorate every part of the body.... legs, arms, torso, etc.  

ESCK is different in that some of the exercises are vigorous.  Definitely wakes you up in the morning!

• Like 3

.. The first siddhi to master is also the most famous one.

The power of Scam.

That's a good point.  Still, if I can find a person I trust who can vouch for a system or it matches an interest I have And its not too expensive, then sometimes its worth the risk.  Sometimes you gotta kiss a few frogs before you find your system. 

This qi gong form Fan Teng Gong has a very positive effect on me, there is a field of expansion into it. It refresh, awake and raise my energy level, here the first part :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QlVZqQ-68 . I like also the positive mood that I have after to have done this form.

Also very easy to do for everyone.

What do you think of it ?

Do you know anything about its history?

Google translate from a German site:

Fan Teng Gong belongs to breastfeeding Qigong.

It is a separate exercise system consisting of cleansing exercises, exercises for energy intake, and 10 main exercises.

In a Qigong standing or sitting meditation, different energy centers of the body are irradiated with their own Laogongpoints / palm surfaces. In particular the liver meridian (involved in many diseases) is made permeable, then the other meridians, especially Renmai and Dumai, join. The small energy circuit is also activated. Thus energy gobblings are solved in a gentle way and the Qi can flow again harmoniously. Often an intense feeling of warmth develops throughout the body during exercise.

Traditionally, the Fan Teng Gong is used for accompanying support in severe diseases, e.g. Cancer.

However, it is suitable for all people who are looking for a particularly deeply effective, meditative and powerful form of exercise.

Edited by KuroShiro
  • Like 1

I looked at the Fan Teng Qong videos and they have some similarity to Falun Dafa, but fortunately, you do not hold the static postures anywhere as long as you would with Falun Dafa. I can see how those static postures would create a lot of chi flow. What impresses me the most is that Emil from Germany is the guy demonstrating the form. I don't know how many qigong forms he has learned, but I have seen him on many videos, each with a different qigong method to demonstrate. Most of what he teaches is not available in the USA and is also not on any dvd in English. Maybe in several months from now when I have my next health session with Eric I will have him test Fan Teng Qong, but not now since I will be doing Eternal Spring Chi Kung and Rainbow Sun Qigong.

• Like 1

Emil from Germany  have a large collection of dvd https://www.qigongonline.de/qigong-dvds/alle-qigong-dvds.html, Fan Teng Gong is given as high level qi gong on youtube and this is exactly what I feel when I do it, a tremendous expansion of energy and a feeling to meld into this field, also I feel the field during the rest of the day who gives me more and more energy..

Hope to find translation but for Fan Teng Gong the form is easy to learn and quite powerful.

I dont have the history and cant find it. Emil seems to have created several qi gong.

• Like 1

Emil from Germany  have a large collection of dvd https://www.qigongonline.de/qigong-dvds/alle-qigong-dvds.html, Fan Teng Gong is given as high level qi gong on youtube and this is exactly what I feel when I do it, a tremendous expansion of energy and a feeling to meld into this field, also I feel the field during the rest of the day who gives me more and more energy..

Hope to find translation but for Fan Teng Gong the form is easy to learn and quite powerful.

I dont have the history and cant find it. Emil seems to have created several qi gong.

It is also possible to learn directly from him via video recording ( on youtube), here an example given freely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWbV5JByRwk

Thanks.

How did you learn? Through youtube?

Emil will reply to your email. The youtube videos of his that I have seen him  perform are not qigong methods that he created. They are traditional methods that he has somehow learned and then he teaches. But as I said, most of the ones he teaches have not reached the USA and his dvds are not in English. Fan Teng Gong looks easy to learn by watching his youtube video. Worth a try to see what your experiences are.

• Like 1

Emil is very generous as he is in the process of giving many teaching free on youtube since longtime, he has just put 2 videos about Ma Wang Dui Qigong. This one and the Fan Teng Gong  have dvd quality. I'm practicing Fan Teng Gong (first part) and in the process to ask to Emil some advice about it.

Yes most of the systems are traditionals method and seems not be easily found elsewhere ( also I dont know their history) but few have been created by him through his personal research for example the "Multidimensionales Krafteld Qigong" Roughly translate with google  :

The multi-dimensional force field Qigong allows you a completely new access to the life energy of the Qi. The multi-dimensional force field Qigong is an exercise program that can be used by self-application for energetic charging and harmonization of the tissue and organs in the body.The exercises strengthen the function of the 3-fold heater. The multi-dimensional force field Qigong was developed by Qigong Master Emil Sandkuhl from the essence of many Qigong systems, which he studied over the course of 25 years and developed the experiences of his 20 years of intensive teaching activity.

Edited by Eclair_blanc

What does Fan Teng translate as in English? I just did level one and felt some Qi at times in the hands, nothing really strong. Grandmaster Doo Wai's 690AD as some similar postures as Fan Teng but adds the special breathing sequence which creates tremendous sensation of qi in the hands during the static postures. I did not feel anywhere near a strong level of qi doing Fan Teng Qong. That does not mean other people will not feel the qi strongly, just means that for me it does not compare in power to that of Doo Wai. But I loved how easy it was to perform and did not take that long. I will be interested in trying level 2 at some point since it is for the liver meridian.

If you download Google Chrome as a browser, it will translate any page into your native language. So I did that for Emil's website and learned that Fan Teng Gong means Churning Qigong. It looks to me that it is for stimulating the Triple Burner/chakras.

Emil considers it to be highest level qigong compared to the rankings of all the other 50 qigong dvds he offers. I emailed him asking which of his dvds/youtube videos can be learned like his Fan Teng Gong without needing verbal instructions for those who do not speak German. He has an amazing collection.

• Like 1

What does Fan Teng translate as in English? I just did level one and felt some Qi at times in the hands, nothing really strong. Grandmaster Doo Wai's 690AD as some similar postures as Fan Teng but adds the special breathing sequence which creates tremendous sensation of qi in the hands during the static postures. I did not feel anywhere near a strong level of qi doing Fan Teng Qong. That does not mean other people will not feel the qi strongly, just means that for me it does not compare in power to that of Doo Wai. But I loved how easy it was to perform and did not take that long. I will be interested in trying level 2 at some point since it is for the liver meridian.

You can ask Emil if there is any breathing pattern or visualisation for this form, I will ask also. What I have felt today is also a state of emptiness  and it gives strong energy feeling into lower and middle dan tien ( even more here for me). There is an ebook with more information about fan teng but into german...

If you download Google Chrome as a browser, it will translate any page into your native language. So I did that for Emil's website and learned that Fan Teng Gong means Churning Qigong. It looks to me that it is for stimulating the Triple Burner/chakras.

Emil considers it to be highest level qigong compared to the rankings of all the other 50 qigong dvds he offers. I emailed him asking which of his dvds/youtube videos can be learned like his Fan Teng Gong without needing verbal instructions for those who do not speak German. He has an amazing collection.

Yes the collection is amazing and there is many subject of interest for me however I need  to know if I can learn them without understand german. On youtube we can try to activate translation with subtitles.

Edited by Eclair_blanc

Thank you for posting about Emil's website as I know there are always people who want to learn new qigong methods in complete forms but they cannot afford the dvds or get them safely mailed to their countries in some cases. The form that he created himself would be worth having Eric test if I liked how it looks.