Netero

Potent Systems

The above discussion about what is really potent seems to me to be vital. Know one who does qigong wants to end up spinning his wheels only to eventually discover not much has been happening from his practice. The question for me has always been not which method is the potent, but which qigong method would benefit me the most? And how does one find that out? Do any of us really know which organs or systems in our mind/body need exactly how much qi to be more efficient? On my own, that would be impossible for me to know? Are we to base our search on how much qi we feel from a particular method?

There are those people who have gifts of being super sensitive when it comes to detecting energy and blocked energy and reading the entire mind/body condition. Those are the people I defer to when it comes to asking what I need and which qigong method that I know of will do the healing for whatever energy imbalance there is at the time. One such gifted person with energy is Donna Eden, there are others. I would never presume to be able to answer on my own what is the most potent qigong method for me? I just don't think that can be answered by the linear mind when the work and the healing originates at the quantum level of life. So I find it best for me to ignore the ego in order to open up to information from a higher source. That is just one way to go about it.

• Like 2

If you don't mind my asking, what does the version of yijinjing you practice consist of, loosely? There seem to be a fair few practices going around under that name, some of them quite different to the others, and (from the outside) yielding different results.

Agreed, yes there are a lot of variations - around a theme though mostly. There's the Shaolin one, the daoist one, the incredibly involved one put out by YMAA and the 'standardised' one put out by the Chinese government. I think the one I do is the latter, taught on DVD by Jesse Tsao. Eric tested it as being "magical" in its effects on the major chakras. I've never noticed any major effects from it, but it's a nice overall body stretch and it only takes 10 minutes. Perhaps it has a deeper effect on the bone marrow and tendons.

• Like 1

Agreed, yes there are a lot of variations - around a theme though mostly. There's the Shaolin one, the daoist one, the incredibly involved one put out by YMAA and the 'standardised' one put out by the Chinese government. I think the one I do is the latter, taught on DVD by Jesse Tsao. Eric tested it as being "magical" in its effects on the major chakras. I've never noticed any major effects from it, but it's a nice overall body stretch and it only takes 10 minutes. Perhaps it has a deeper effect on the bone marrow and tendons.

Is the YMMA one in the book Qigong, The Secret of Youth?

• Like 1

Greetings,

I have practiced daily tenaga dalam from various lineage since 11 years and siddha yoga ( saktipata yoga),.  I have felt the need or  inner guidance to shift to qi gong in order to attain more subtle and spiritual levels, it was a strong guidance and I have take the time to find my way with many systems. This forum has greatly help me to find some interesting systems. I  have done celestial qi gong first, at the beginning I have not feel anything but over the month it was more and more intense but it's not my favorite as it seems to be harmful over a long period of time. Through my inner vision I have seen some unbalanced energies from this qi gong especially into the lower chakra.

I like very much the 2 qi gong dvd from Carl Totton the first with the tai chi ruler is in my opinion very potent as this practice gives strong and balanced energy at same time I feel more peace, serenity and I'm more into the now state, I use the magnetic tai chi wand also, very good as it seems to open energetic point into the hands and allow to channel more energy. Regarding the chakra point, I feel opening into the heart and kundalini activation who seems to work more easily through the central channel, I mean with less heat than celestial qi gong.

This dvd  is the level 1 and the level 2 is  the tai chi ruler shen gong and into this higher level you dont need anymore to use magnetic wand. I'm focusing on this practice for now until I will feel a saturation and then I will shift to the next.  I do 2 hour morning and 2 hours evening since few month.  There is also the cloud hand set who is another amazing practice. It seems to raise the vibration of the room and consciousness. My quest is more spiritual that on the health/medical area, my purpose is to do another step into my evolution process.

I practice also pangu shengong moving form, this is the first step,I feel opening into the crown area and very subtle energy frequency also I'm into a field, I call it the pangu field. This is not from religious point of view but just to name it. This is a field that is different from anything that I know. I'm more positive and into equanimity but the practice can be really boring I try to see it as a meditation and not really qi gong.  I dont have yet done the non moving form and condensed form , the 3 levels is the complete pangu system and over the time I will test them and see what happen.

• Thanks 1

I'm interested in hearing more about Celestial Qi Gong - has anybody else practiced it?

I  have done celestial qi gong first, at the beginning I have not feel anything but over the month it was more and more intense but it's not my favorite as it seems to be harmful over a long period of time. 

Edited by TomBrad

I did Celestial Qigong for only a brief time, not even long enough to learn it because after I bought the dvd, other qigong systems tested as being more beneficial for me.

As for Pangu, as I stated elsewhere before, I had an amazing healing of a stubborn and strong respiratory virus from that method but I stopped doing Pangu because it was so boring. I did the moving and the advanced non-moving level.

And Éclair, the most spiritual qigong that I have heard of might be Awakening Light Gong. Very hard to find a teacher for that outside of Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington, and recently Rockville, MD. I know of only one teacher of that method willing to teach it via Skype. It is the easiest qigong method that I have ever learned.

Edited by tao stillness
to no longer mention a qigong teacher's name
  • Like 1

Hi Tao stillness

I'm living far away of the Awakening Light Gong teacher but it can be interesting to learn through skype, have you try it ?

Yes Pangu is a great system who can really do deep healing but the major issue is the boring practice, I dont have yet practiced the non moving form and condensed form, the latter is said to be the more powerful and final stage of pangu, also the duration is only 5mn. Anyone practice this form ?

The dvd from Carl Cotton (core system health serie ) gives me also great result regarding the feeling of qi and also circulation. After tai chi ruler I feel tremendous qi within and around me, like a field and I'm more centered into the now so this is a medical qi gong but with some other spiritual features. I'm still learning cloud hand set so I will give my feeling about this short form of Taoist Elixir.At the end of the dvd Carl use external qi technique to send healing, I would like to learn this external qi healing system but it seems not easily found elsewhere. I have just seen the Wei Qi Qong of Professor Duan Zhi Liang who could gives some interesting way to study the external qi for healing.

I have seen also qinway dvd who is mainly focused on healing but could possibly open spiritual channel,I dont know the real value of this method based on "energy signal" transmission. In their website it is stated that is not enough to do bigu but I'm not interested by fasting at this time.

Edited by Eclair_blanc
  • Like 1

I did Qinway for a brief time several years ago. The master for that system also sells Qi infused products and I bought 2 of her Qi infused statues which I put on my bookcase and as I was taking a nap the first night that I placed them there which was near my head, while sleeping I could feel these waves of energy hitting my head, the crown chakra. At a later time I asked my medical clairvoyant if those products and the tea I ordered from her were truly infused with Qi. He found that all of her products contained a "Divine Energy".

Yes, I tried Awakening Light Gong and stopped doing it after about 2 weeks since I felt nothing from what is claimed to be even beyond qigong. Eric tested it and found that it is appropriately named because it effects the upper spiritual chakras.

Edited by tao stillness
mispelled word

Here I will list some stuff that I plan to buy soon, let me know if you have any review of them.

I'm interested by few dvd and companion books from:

Master Zhongxian Wu:

Fire Dragon Meridian Qigong

Cosmic Orbit Qigong

Chinese Shamanic Qigong

I have seen few youtube video of this master and feel strong energy coming from them so I wish to learn more about these systems. Not so easy to do.

Dr Liu Dong and Master Liue He  :

Eight Treasures Qigong (Ba Duan Jin) & Six Steps for Projecting Qi Zi Wu Qigong & Great Compassion Meditation Self-Massage and One Thousand Hands Buddha

Simon Blow :

Absorbing the Essence

Professor  Duan Zhi Liang :

Wei Qi Gong Healing

If I were you I'd get these methods tested by a medical clairvoyant. You'll save lots of time and money. I have the shamanic tiger qigong, but I've never taken the time to learn it as my current practices tested better.

• Like 1

I have the Thousand Hands Buddha, watched it for awhile and thought they were too hard for me to learn.

Absorbing the Essence I have been doing every morning for over a year now. I only do the Longevity Qigong from that and Eric tested it and found that doing 3 rounds of the brief Longevity Qigong form is ideal for me. Doing it more than 3 times would result in too much release of stress. I have seen Wu's previews and I would never consider getting any of his dvds for myself since the difficulty level is way beyond my ability.

Vajra Fist has offered great advice.

• Like 1

Thank you for your advice, so a medical clairvoyant can know which qi gong is suitable and the best one for my energetic structure. I dont want something too hard to learn and too fancy also. My idea of potent is a system very direct and effective who can really create a strong field and at same time is balanced as I guess that many qi gong are not balanced especially without a teacher and his supervision.

I was not aware of this fact for qi gong but through 11 years of siddha yoga/kundalini/mahayoga and tenaga dalam I can use clairvoyance/clairsentience ability to know which qi gong is good or not for me. As this is a new way to use clairvoyance for me( but a great exercise).I need to sharp the skill for this task but I will do some experiment with various form of qi gong from very different lineage and on the time I will give my result. I'm not link to any thing or tradition, I prefer to be free from anything. I'm open to experiment any form traditional or even new agey or better " whatever works". How it is possible to reach Liberation if we are bond to something even a lineage or form ? This is my point of view.

For example what I have seen for celestial qi gong: I like very much this qi gong form and the teacher is great but this system is not good for me, it seems to block heart area and disturb me but for another it will be amazing.

For now I have a very good feeling about Qi Gong from John Milton ( Taichi for Liberation), I'm into deep meditation state when I do it and also thoughtless after the practice also I can feel very subtle vibration.

Taichi Ruler / Cloud Hand from Carl Totton : I have great result from these dvd, I feel strong energetic flow int whole body and hands also seems to enhance my other practice or make them more alive. It gives also a very positive mood.

I start absorbing the essence from Simon Blow but dont have yet fully study and learn but I like lit. I'm also learning various other form from Ken Cohen ( QI Healing DVD set very interesting), Sifu Boggie ( very special teacher but his qi gong seems to work well for me)etc

I need to know which system is good  but also if they can work well together without problem.

Edited by Eclair_blanc

I wish to add a list of qi gong system for further study (if someone is interested by them orjust  to experiment them). :

Sheng Zhen Healing Qigong and the other series DVD from Master Li Junfeng

Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong is a specialized form of Qi Gong practice that “restores man to his original Self.” According to Li Jing, “Awakening the Soul is one of the forms in Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong. It is a sitting practice which consist of eight movements.

Some insight of this practice are give here

The Meditation form :

http://shengzhen.org/meditations-1/

Seated Form :

http://shengzhen.org/seated-forms/

Standing Form :

http://shengzhen.org/standing-forms/

Taiji Shen Gong from Li Jing

Siberian Qi Gong ( who works with a different approach )

Eight Extraordinary Meridians Qigong

Guo Lin Qi Gong

Edited by Eclair_blanc
  • Like 1

I had the same effect as you doing Cloud Hands from Tao Tan Pai. It enhanced my other qigong metods. I dropped it because of how long it takes to do 3 repetitions.

I have John Milton's Tai Chi for Liberation and just watching and listening to him puts me in a meditation type state of consciousness. But I do not do the movements since Eric tested them for me about 4 years ago and asked me why I would want to do that method since it tested that I would get nothing out of it. I was disappointed as it is such a beautiful looking dvd with a great feeling to it and nice scenery.

I had the Shengzen dvd and manual but did not want to put in the time and effort to learn all of those movements. I avoid qigong methods that seem complex and would take awhile for me to break down and learn. But I know a teacher of that method and he values it highly.

Edited by tao stillness

Happy to report that I have just discovered another gem. A few years ago on YouTube I saw the Abbot of the Purple Cloud Temple of Wudang Mountain doing a less than 10 minute form called Yin and Yang Spiralling Qigong. Very slow and beautiful flowing movements, very basic. But for some reason there were a few things I could not figure out while trying to learn it so I gave up on it but always wanted to learn it. The video has one of my teachers, Simon Blow of Australia performing the form with the group. Since then I discovered that the Aussie, Dan Stefan, who posted that video also posted himself doing that same form but he renamed it, Purple Cloud Qigong. I was easily able to follow along with Dan demonstrating it. He created poetic names for the movements in order to memorize them. So I have added Purple Cloud Qigong to my morning routine.

I just tried someone's new tai chi for beginners dvd and am sending it back for a refund since it takes over 50 minutes to do the routine and the pace is done at a faster rate which prevents me from feeling the chi flow in my hands compared to when I do Don Fiore's slow paced Easy Tai Chi for Beginners which I have "mastered" and am now moving onto his Tai Chi Kung which has more tai chi postures and is intermediate level. I like Don as a teacher because he gives verbal continuous verbal instructions so you are not left trying to figure out what to do next.

• Like 1

Thank you for this gem, Purple Cloud Qigong that I learn now with the video !. 

Also the T'ai Chi for Liberation has very quick and deep effect on me, I feel surge of tremendous energy build up within and around me since I do this form from John P. Milton. I do that more and more morning and evening.

I'm in the process of learning San Houa QI Gong ( Qi Gong of the 3 Flowers) who claim to unify and move the 3 dan tian beyond the head ( wan k’i tch’ao yuan), it needs also a qi empowerment but it's possible to practice without,  this is just additional help to practicer. I cant say anything from now but within few weeks I will let you know here. There is 3 initiations stage over few weeks.

Have you try the Buddha Palm healing qi gong ?

Eclair_Blanc

have not heard of Buddha Palm Healing unless that is from Sifu Garry Hearfield?

The most powerful method that he sells is Vermillion Sparrow Returns to the Nest. I have it but so far can only learn the first few movements since I do not want to put the time it takes to use a mirror and put it on slow motion to learn these kung fu like movements. But it can be learned by me if I had more time. Eric said, Whoa, this is dynamite!

Mantak Chia use both the terms Cosmic chi kung and Buddha palm to describe his version of Shaolin Nei Jing Yi Zhi Chan (kong jing gong).

If that is the one you're meaning, follow this thread to 18 july.

Edited by Mudfoot

have not heard of Buddha Palm Healing unless that is from Sifu Garry Hearfield?

The most powerful method that he sells is Vermillion Sparrow Returns to the Nest. I have it but so far can only learn the first few movements since I do not want to put the time it takes to use a mirror and put it on slow motion to learn these kung fu like movements. But it can be learned by me if I had more time. Eric said, Whoa, this is dynamite!

This is Healing Buddha Palms Chi Kung dvd set from Gilles Marin but I guess that is a Mantak Chia style Buddha palm. I will check Verimillion Sparrow Returns.

I wish to go deeper into the primordial qi gong as it gives me lot of energy and deep peace and stillness state. I have ordered 2 dvds from wudangtao, Master Yun Xiang Tseng (Chen) was recognized and chosen by his master to learn the ancient wisdom of Wu Dang Tai Chi, Qi Gong, meditation and healing Arts. He is a 14th generation Wu Dang Zhang Sanfeng lineage holder and a 25th generation Long Men Taoist Priest.  

The 2 dvds are   : Wu Dang Hun Yuan (Primordial) Qigong

Wu Dang Internal Kung Fu (Nei Dan)

• Like 1

About 3 yrs ago Eric tested Wu Dang Hun Yuan Qigong for me. It did not test that well so I only tried it one time and moved on to something testing more beneficial for me.

This is Healing Buddha Palms Chi Kung dvd set from Gilles Marin but I guess that is a Mantak Chia style Buddha palm.                          

Chia's "Healing Buddha Palms Chi Kung" is his marketting name for Shaolin Neijin Yizhichan Qigong (full name). A good and accessible book is;

https://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Nei-Jin-Qi-Gong/dp/0877288763/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480677706&sr=8-1&keywords=shaolin+nei+qigong

Some of this method is blended with other methods in the 'Healing Qigong' section of Qigong Empowerment.

Beware some of the expensive "courses" being sold on the web for this method.

Best,

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 2