Netero

Potent Systems

It still may be true but I do not practice it regularly as it works only inconsistently and when the body does not move spontaneously from the powerful qi flow it is very boring sitting there just waiting.

As a note in support, 

Yi gong works even when you aren't spontaneously moving, you just may not be aware of it. The boring experience is what yi gong works on.

It's main focus is intent/awareness(yi) training.

Also you could try out holosync audio tracks, to support left/right hemisphere integration. That is one of their main focuses.

John

• Like 1

Eric has a gift. I don't know where it comes from, but it is accurate. He's been able to warn me off combining practices that previously have given me energy sickness and guide me on what practices work synergisticly. He's stopped me wasting time and money by following much vaulted practices that do very little, at least for me.

We live in a world where (to paraphrase Li Hongzhi) pearls and fish eyes are mixed together. Having someone who can tell the difference, has proven an immense help for me.

Given the nature of this site being a public forum and there are many here including myself who haven't a clue who Eric is, then why not post clear site links as well as ebook links. Thant would be appreciated very much.

Ralis, apologies buddy. He's an ayurvedic medical intuitive, so he is able to 'test' the effect a qigong has on you energetically. He's mentioned quite a lot on the Flying Phoenix thread. Site: http://www.ayurvedicintuitive.com/

I'm also familiar with the 690ad meditations that tao stillness mentions. They're on this dvd, sold by Dan LaRochelle.

http://www.whitetigerkungfu.com/doo_family_690ad_meditations.htm

Sorry Ralis,

I did not see your post/question. I just want to make a distinction about Eric Isen. His website might call him an ayurvedic intuitive but his gift is more accurately clairvoyance since he works by what he is literally able to see in the physical and energy bodies, rather than working by what he intuitively senses. Several years ago I watched our dog react in a unique way while Eric was working with her at a distance. Most people I know have reported to me that they can feel where Eric's awareness is by sensations in different parts of their body during the session. I too have felt that at times.

Tonight I had a long phone call from a Canadian qigong instructor who is part of the Wang Zi Ping lineage of Shanghai who created a form called the 24 Postures of Therapeutic Qigong. It was very inspiring listening to all stories about the various people he taught qigong to who had cancer and were cured from it, along with all kinds of other ailments. The purpose of the call was to answer my question how this qigong form differs from the others. After all of his detailed explanations, I liked how he summed it up by saying the best way to find out how this differs from other qigong is to just do it and then you will see for yourself.  

• Like 1

Thanks tao stillness for your wonderful posts here!

I also need help in recovering and hence am looking for an effective healing system.

You mentioned about energy healers: 'Tom Pacholkowl, Calgary, Canada'  and someone by name 'matawee' or something similar.

I couldn't get them on google easily. Can you please post their contact details?

Also, how has been your experience with them in comparison with Eric?

Lastly, an advice on oneness movement: On internet, i see more negative reviews than positive ones on them. Do you have more insights whether they are genuine?

And if you had got astounding experience from TM siddhi program, did you consider doing that program again?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by sshubh

Excellent questions. There has been and never could be a better experience than what I had from TM Siddhis program since it took me to the goal of human existence. It was total fulfillment, inner and outer along with the knowingness that this is our normal state of mind that the human nervous system was constructed to produce when stress is eliminated and it can then function normally. I learned that enlightenment is produced by the brain when Kundalini reaches the higher chakras, etc. The brain literally lights up and you actually see the colors and the bliss that comes with them while your eyes are closed. I did the Siddhis program for another 25 years or so but never had any kind of sensation from it after that initiation. This is not the norm for that method at all.

My lack of experiences with it are almost unheard of. So after about 25 years of trying it daily, I dropped it as a waste of time. No healer or psychic has ever been able to find why it only worked once.

I cannot recommend either Tom or Maytawee based on my total lack of experiences from them. My best friend however, has bursts of heart energy and other experiences during and after his sessions. So it is not the healers that are ineffective, rather it is the unique condition of my nervous system.

There are millions of people who have experiences from Oneness methods that think it is the greatest experience they have ever had. I would ignore the negative comments. The reason there are more negative comments is perhaps because there is no need to post any comments about it really. People just enjoy what they get from and have no need to post.

Tom is [email protected]. Maytawee I think is maytawee.com but not sure about that and I did not keep her information. I know you can find her on facebook. For Oneness, let your own experience be the judge. Find a local Oneness Blessing Giver and receive the energy. If you cannot locate one, just tune into the live online Oneness Meditations that are daily and see if you feel anything. Oneness method claims to literally rewire the brain to produce Awakened State. To understand what this state is, Bhagavan explains this in every teaching video online. In over 40 years of reading books on higher states of consciousness I have never heard anyone explain Awakening and Enlightenment in such a recognizable and concrete manner. The zen oriented books just seem so abstract that they lead to confusion and actually really false information such as in the end there is nothing to search for, even the search for becoming enlightened is an illusion. That simply is a distortion of truth. The ego has to be decreased but this cannot be done by thinking. It takes an energy to quiet the parietal lobes and to turn on the frontal lobe and then the ego is pushed to the side and you no longer react from social conditioning or your DNA or past experiences. Instead, you react to and live life from direct experience thru Consciousness which is our true self. That is Oneness in a nutshell. Adishanti and Eckart Tolle books describe these higher states but these are guys who spontaneously found their way and thus they do not have methods to lead anyone to that state. There books serve the purpose of letting us know there is more to life than the unawakened state of mind, and until we are Awake, suffering to some degree will always be there no matter how well your outer life is going. Negative experiences and emotions do not last very long, they just do not stay with you in Awakened state. 

Thanks tao stillness for prompt reply!

Completely agree with you on ' The zen oriented books just seem so abstract that they lead to confusion and actually really false information such as in the end there is nothing to search for, even the search for becoming enlightened is an illusion. That simply is a distortion of truth.'

There are way too many systems (non-zen too) propagating this kind of teaching these days...

Based on your feedback, i'll try to see oneness movement. But immediately, my short term goal is to fully recover physically.

I am exploring http://www.indianspiritualhealing.org/ right now; if you want, you may also try; they seem to have a contact  in canada too.

Hi tao stillness,

Since you spoke highly of falun gong and since it is free, i was trying to find more about it.

In one thread here, Lio TaoRen says that even though one may see short term benefits but this practice seems to invite some entity to take possession. What is your opinion on this aspect?

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/10521-falun-gonganyone-having-any-good-exeperience-with-it/page-2

quote start

===

Many cultists have become insane, or suffering from extreme paranoia. Do some research, or better yet, go to China and see for yourself. I went to a Falun Gong demonstration in Canada after exercising the Falun from some people. They all looked at me with fear in their eyes and minds, a couple even ran away. Finally someone asked me to leave. 
Real Taoist cultivators(masters) believe that spiritual entities can posess people. There is an entire science behind it... most of which is kept "secret", and you usually must be a monastic or adept in order to receive the transmissions of knowledge. 

Anyway, some will certainly disagree with me. The exercises may be good, but someone does have an agenda that does dot have anything to do with the welfare of the practitioners. Any movement that evolves into an organized religion is victim to corruption. This entity, though, was created by someone- human or not I can't tell you. I do not claim to know how long it has been around, my guess is not as long as is claimed. So much marketing, like "the Secret" A low-level understanding of an ultimate principal marketed to the helpless, poor and lost. Like any fundamentalist religion, making lofty promises. I will contemplate, and write an article with a how to on Transmuting the Entity. Similar phenomenon are very common, any real Qigong Doctor or Taoist priest could perform such an exorcism. If you invited it yourself, it will be simple, and you can easily transmute it with visualization. If it was directly transmitted you may wish to see an expert. From what I understand, many individuals in China are leaving this group with the help of doctors or priests. Im not sure what is readily available, but there is literature and science behind spiritual entities9- it is really only westerners that do not see this as common place. Even in China, so many are now skeptics, but in rural areas you see some amazing things.

quote end

===

Edited by sshubh
  • Like 1

Hey, I practiced Falun Gong for over a decade, but I quit about 18 months ago.

I haven't had any problems with 'entities' and I'm not sure where this comes from. The teacher, Li Hongzhi, said he installs a set of "energy mechanisms" inside you, one of which is the falun. My understanding is that these mechanisms help refine the qi, so you're still cultivating even when you're not practicing. When you practice the exercises you strengthen these mechanisms.

However he does also say if you stop practicing all of these mechanisms "will be taken back". Which makes sense, as he says they're precious and can only be given to those who put their heart into the practice.

Certainly from my own case, since I stopped practicing I haven't noticed any ill effects or any 'entities'. The transition to practicing other systems like flying phoenix and others has been very smooth.

This reads a bit like the chinese government leaned on a qigong master to give some negative propaganda. The situation in China was pretty difficult for many masters after 1999, who were also concerned their own practices were going to be repressed. Wu Zhongxian was one who experienced sone difficulties around the period and left the country.

From lived experience, Falun Gong isn't much different from other qigong methods. It's because there were something like 70million people practicing it in the 90s that it was banned, and all this propaganda started coming out. It's actually a very ordinary system.

But as I said before you have to practice it to the exclusion of everything else. If you want to mix it with something else, you're better off practicing another system.

Hope that helps.

Vajra Fist has much more experience with Falun Gong than I had and I would agree with what he has stated.

As I have written elsewhere, I did feel the Falun Wheel being installed and later my medical clairvoyant saw it in me and he then described accurately what it looked like even though he had never seen a picture of the wheel. If the book of Falun is read, and I read it 6 times, you will see that the Master of Falun warns against practicing any form of qigong that would call in other spirits. It is my experience and understanding that people who pass out from drinking too much alcohol or people who use marijuana do open themselves up to allowing an entity to enter the holes in their aura caused by the drugs and alcohol. And to do meditation while having smoked marijuana is almost a guarantee that you will be possessed. I think it would require a clairvoyant to tell if anyone is really possessed. When I stopped doing the complete Falun form and just had time to do a few of the exercises, my medical clairvoyant reported that he saw my Falun Wheel was fading.

By the way, he also tested Master George Xu's dvd called Wu Wei Qigong which is close to being identical looking to the Falun form but with a few differences and it has been around for longer than Falun. The clairvoyant found that Wu Wei Qigong is more powerful than Falun and it also installs a wheel but it is not shaped the same as that of Falun Wheel. I only did Wu Wei a few times but one time I did it I was coming down with a cold but by the end of he Wu Wei session all of the symptoms vanished and I felt great.

• Like 1

Thanks Vajr Fist and tao stillness for your feedback!

Falun wheel being 'taken back' when one stops practising makes sense from another perspective also that this wheel of energy is formed as a result of practice itself rather than by Li.

i don't smoke or drink alcohol or even eat egg; so i only have to be concerned about factors other than these :)

I am anyway not with falun theory in total except cultivating virtues and was inclined only towards their qigong aspect. But i still don't understand the rationale behind the blanket statement that no other practice should be done with FG. I'd appreciate if anyone can share their experience of combining it with other practices. Was it working in some cases, not working in others?

I want to continue my current meditation and some yoga exercises with FG.

tao stillness,

thanks for sharing your experience on Wu Wei. I'll try to find more about that also,

Vajra Fist,

May i know what was the reason to transition from FG? Was it for better qigong or for better spiritual cultivation method? Did you find FP qigong better than FG in terms of healing benefits and stilling the mind?

thanks.

Edited by sshubh

Primarily because I was stuck at one level for some time, and I needed a change. I still have enormous respect and gratitude toward the system but its time to grow a little.

I practice mostly mantra and some shaolin internal forms now.

I think the rationale for not mixing is that the two energies will come into conflict. I went through a period of practicing Indian yoga during my time learning Falun Gong and I developed some health problems as a result. The good thing was once I stopped mixing they disappeared within a few weeks. It was pretty miraculous actually. But it was also instructive.

Falun Gong does offer complete development and once I abandoned even the idea of practicing yoga to fix various postural problems, they were naturally corrected by the energy.

If you're the type that is more interested in dabbling, it's probably not for you. But if you're looking for a way of genuine spiritual development, it can take you a good way towards your goal, if not all the way.

At least that's my understanding, other practitioners may have different opinions. 

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1

It is said that each qigong form produces its own unique energy field. Master Li said that 2 different qigong forms create interference within the person's energy field. I think not everyone would be sensitive to notice this. But that does not mean that interference is not happening anyway. Master Li said that even if one does not practice Falun, he should still not do more than one qigong method.

George Xu who did the Wu Wei Qigong dvd is a high level martial artist who does many different forms you could ask his opinion about this but you are unlikely to get a reply from emailing him. You would have to communicate to him thru his senior student, Susan Matthews. She has a website.

• Like 2

I recently started practicing the wim hof method. It's also a very powerful system, mostly around kundalini breathing techniques and ice cold showers. Not sure if it's a keeper, but I seen my health and energy levels have improved quite a bit since I started practicing it.

Fu doggy from flying phoenix thread now does it as his main practice.

• Like 1

Vajra Fist -   I'll chime in... yes, I'm still doing Wim Hof Method, now past the 18 month mark.   It seems each month my health, energy and mental acuity continue to improve.  Also, with improved energy my appetite has diminished...I no longer crave large meals.  So, for me the positive results have been cumulative. 

One thing I really like about WHM is it's simplicity and efficiency.  In less than 30 minutes per day, I get excellent results.  If I wake up in the morning and am feeling not quite with it, after WHM I feel energized and fresh.  Also, the sensations during the breath holds are pleasing, and sometimes other worldly.  And, I continue to do the cold water thing....now actually enjoy it.  

So, yah, I'm sticking with it.   The base routine is 4 rounds of WHM breathing before breakfast.  However, I'm still experimenting with variations to optimize my practice.  For example, for me, I found four rounds before bedtime will result in too much energy, staying awake half the night.  No bueno.  However, a single round, or perhaps two before bedtime will release tension and aid deep sleep.  

So, I'm not sure where the ceiling is with the practice, but I know I've not yet reached it.  

By the way, love this thread.   tao stillness....I appreciate your contributions, great job of keeping it going!

• Like 3

Fu doggy, thanks for popping in! Do you still practice ashtanga yoga with your WHM? Do you find the two complement each other?

I read you practice eight rounds some times, do you do the push ups round on the 4th and 8th or just on the 8th? Thanks!

You guys who are doing the WHM are the Ironmen of the world of qigong. If I wore a cap I would certainly tip it to you guys. And it would be a Chicago Cubs cap for sure.

• Like 2

smallsteps -  you ask a great question.  Regarding Flying Phoenix, I found it to be an outstanding system.  I have had some experiences during my practice of FP that were "supernormal", really outstanding.  Also, Sifu Terry is one of the very best masters of Chinese arts.  I have been fortunate to have practiced with him in person in California on several occasions.  So, I highly recommend FP and working directly with Sifu Terry to anyone.  As to why I am not practicing right now, let's just say I am taking a temporary break and hopefully within the next 6 months I will be able to get back into the practice.  

Vajra Fist - yes, I still practice yoga with WHM.  In fact, Wim teaches a number of yoga poses in his course.  So, yes, yoga is very complimentary.  Unlike many qigong systems, Wim doesn't mention any incompatibilities with WHM breathing.  

Regarding pushups at the end of the breathing rounds, I only do the pushups once, at the end of the last round.  So, whether I'm doing 4 rounds, 5 rounds or 8 rounds, just one set of pushups.  The most I've done is 50 pushups on a held breath.  Those were full pushups with good form by the way.  That said, that's not my norm.  Normally I'm closer to 38 to 42 pushups on the last held breath.  These days I'm not trying for any personal best pushup records, I just enjoy the experience.  

Good practicing!

fu_doggy

• Like 3

Thanks for your answer fu_doggy.

Btw, I love your avatar, it reminds me of the awesome little dog I had in my youth. :)

Edited by smallsteps

Potent system?  Well with MASSIVE information overload, the real challenge is separating the wheat from all the chaff and the needle from all the hay...

Venerable Bodhidharma was about to go back to India. He said to his students, "The time has come. Can you express your understanding?"

One of the students, Daofu said, "My present view is that we should neither be attached to letters, nor be apart from letters, and to allow the Way to function freely."
Bodhidharma said, "You have attained my skin."

Nun Zongchi said, "My view is that it is like the joy of seeing Akshobhya Buddha’s land just once and not again."
Bodhidharma said, "You have attained my flesh."

Daoyu said, "The four great elements are originally empty and the five skandhas do not exist. Therefore, I see nothing to be attained."
Bodhidharma said, "You have attained my bones."

Finally Huike came forward, made a full bow, stood up, and returned to where he was.
Bodhidharma said, "You have attained my marrow."

Thus he transmitted the Dharma and robe to Huike.

"Coincidentally," Bodhidharma's 2 classic manuals were:
1. Yi Jin Jing (Muscle/Tendon Changing Classic)
2. Xi Sui Jing (Tendon Transformation and Marrow-Purification Classic)

So, his references to the importance of deepening levels of the physical body were not only metaphorical, but quite literal too.  Now just from a modern perspective, bone is piezoelectric and bone marrow contains blood stem cells.  So, how important to health might it be to purify this region?

Yet interestingly, this deeper Xi Sui Jing is now a "lost" art.  You want a potent system?  Try completing #1 and rediscovering #2, for starters?

I dunno, at this point, a lot of these other "practices" just sound like fanning your farts in the wind, lol?  I could be underestimating them and wrong, but I don't see a lot of potency anymore in your typical qigong styles, regardless of how fancy their names are?

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

I do love fanning my farts, much to the wife's chagrin.

I practice the yijinjing, or at least as it's currently understood at the moment. Eric Isen, my medical clairvoyant, tested the xi sui gong as put out by Sifu Yan Lei, which was said to be extremely powerful, too much so for me at present.

So I do agree there's a lot of power in the old Shaolin methods. Even the much maligned baduanjin.

• Like 2

I do love fanning my farts, much to the wife's chagrin.

I practice the yijinjing, or at least as it's currently understood at the moment. Eric Isen, my medical clairvoyant, tested the xi sui gong as put out by Sifu Yan Lei, which was said to be extremely powerful, too much so for me at present.

So I do agree there's a lot of power in the old Shaolin methods. Even the much maligned baduanjin.

If you don't mind my asking, what does the version of yijinjing you practice consist of, loosely? There seem to be a fair few practices going around under that name, some of them quite different to the others, and (from the outside) yielding different results.

I dunno, at this point, a lot of these other "practices" just sound like fanning your farts in the wind, lol?  I could be underestimating them and wrong, but I don't see a lot of potency anymore in your typical qigong styles, regardless of how fancy their names are?

But how does one "see... potency" in a particular style, without actually practicing it or having direct experience with someone who's mastered it?

• Like 1