Netero

Potent Systems

just put mark johnson tai chi in search bar that is how I found the interviews. One is on youtube, or both, one is a podcast which is audio only. Two of the dvds from his website that I had tested today came out very well:

Tai Chi for Everyone———This practice would strengthen the body. Making everything more solid and it would pacify Vata in the body. Not much help for the mind however.

Qigong for Healing————For you this would be quite cleansing. It would detox the meridians in the energy body and the lymph and blood in the physical. Would need to be done over time to see good results but helpful.

The tons of scientific research papers would disagree with your friend about TM having limited effects. Remember, I went into a temporary state of enlightenment, Cosmic Consciousness from an advanced TM program. TM has tremendous health benefits and creates a sense of inner fulfillment that I have yet to experience from qigong.

I don't think I explained it very well :P He didn't say the effects were limited, just that they had a low ceiling ie. the benefit of practicing is great in itself, but doesn't necessarily increase over the years as you practice, like some other systems. At least that's how I understood it, and I might be wrong there too, it just came up briefly in conversation.

I'll check out those interviews.

The longer one practices TM, the more it reverses the aging process. I am more comfortable calling it slowing down the aging process rather than reversing. If someone wants to increase the effects from TM, all they have to do is take the advanced course which is called the TM Siddhi program. This includes the first stage of levitating. I have been in a meditation hall for 3 months with TM people hopping around from the levitation sutra of this program. For me it never worked. This Siddhis program is Patanjali's Yoga Sutras but with the secret method that has missing from books and teachers for hundreds of years but Maharishi rediscovered the method which makes the Siddhis now work. In 1977 I was initiated in the TM Siddhis and on that very same day I went into a state of Cosmic Consciousness which was bliss beyond description, unlimited love, total inner and outer fulfilment and the knowingness that this was the natural state of the human nervous system. The ego was suspended. Inner peace. All of this was a spontaneous occurrence brought about by what the Siddhis do to the brain. From this experience I was then able to understand many things from different scriptures. There is nothing like direct experience rather than just intellectual understanding of something. Bliss is not the same as happiness. And no love from another person could create the amount of love I felt. I saw a Light as bright as the sun inside my head and it lit up the whole room which was totally dark with blackout curtains at night. When I would mentally say a sutra, my head felt like it was exploding with waves of bliss and different kinds of colors were seen by my inner eye. Later in activity around other people I could automatically sense what they were feeling just from facial expressions, there was no analyzing from thinking. It was just direct consciousness. I was walking in the French Alps that night and I did not have a winter coat, but that night I could feel there was a temperature differential on my hands but there was no discomfort as there had been on previous nights when outside without a coat and I would be freezing. The bliss was so strong it even protected me from the sensation of a very cold temperature.So if anyone has ever had similar experiences from qigong, please let me know the name of the method you do and I will start to learn that method.

• Like 4

Just when my plate is once again loaded with too many new qigong dvds on the way, a friend sends me a clip of Hong Kong's master Joe Lok performing the most beautiful tai chi like form I have ever seen. His method is not tai chi but easier to learn and do but sounds like it creates stronger benefits than standard tai chi and is considered Daogong, part qigong.

The website is well done and loaded with good information and the E-book of his provides understandable info about how this qigong and tai chi works and what moving your hands and arms does to the various meridians and hence the elements and organs and the resulting health benefits. He explains all of this instead of the usual response of some masters telling us to just keep practicing and all your questions will be answered by your own experience. After reading just part of the book so far I have more understanding and appreciation of what these strange movements are actually doing for me. When I spotted the first clip of Master Lok performing his unique form  a few years ago I think I emailed him and asked about a dvd but he did not have one then. Now he has 2, one teaches the form in sections of the movements like qigong. The second dvd is for doing the forms as one brief tai chi like form that just takes 2 minutes. High quality production. Master Lok was like myself and others I know who do qigong. He kept learning different forms from different masters but something was still missing until he found the right master and then he felt all this chi finally flowing thru his body. He is a business owner who gave that up in search of cultivating inner energy and now he wants to help others have good health. Anyone on this blog familiar with this material of Joe Lok? His lineage is impressive.  

Edited by tao stillness

Tao Stillness,

I've finally figured out how to post on Dao Bums. I wanted to say thanks for all your posts over the years and on the flying phoenix page.

It was your experience that put me in touch with Eric Isen, who has provided me with wise and patient advice and led me to a practice that really works for me.

Thanks for sharing your journey on here. You're an inspiration.

Regarding Joe Lok, I also bumped into his qigong/tai chi method a few years back and was impressed with how graceful and serene it was. However slightly put off by how it was something he invented himself. Those sort of systems tend to work at the early stages of health and fitness but don't have a lot of depth when it gets to higher levels.

Anyhow, let me know what Eric says if you get it tested!

Thank you Vajra for your expression of appreciation. I am pleased that Eric was of help. His gift still continues to amaze me due to his accuracy.

Eric did send the test results for Joe Lok Phoenix taichi gong. Keep in mind Eric's test results are only for the individual, they do not necessarily apply to other people who would like to try his method. The results show that his qigong would create imbalances in my vata and pitta doshas and this could lead to health problems in some of the organs. So Eric could not recommend this for me. He looked and the website and said that sometimes things sound so good but when tested they are not that good. So once again Eric saves me from wasted time. I now wonder how many other people are doing qigong methods that are actually causing more harm than good? He also tested for me George Picard's 24 Postures Qigong which comes from an impressive lineage. Creator of this was China's famous martial artist, Wang Zi-Ping. He created 20 postures long ago and the current lineage holder, Helen Wu, added 4 more postures to it. This tested very well for me, it will detox and clear most of the meridians and it will open and clear the heart chakra is what Eric saw. Wu and Picard are known in Canada. So I will be learning Mark Johnson's Tai Chi for Beginners, Picard/Wu's 24 Posture Qigong and I hope the search is now over.

May I ask what system Eric found that is the right one for you?

This great is very interesting, thanks a lot Tao stillness!

It is not about coming here and being a naysayer but some systems doesn't seem to bring so much longevity. For example, one family member of the chi kung system you mentioned didn't hit 80 years old. I am not saying the system doesn't have benefits..Anyway, I made the same observations for several systems.

Some years ago, I was very enthusiast about chi kung, but not that much now. It seems to me that a lot of the chi kung we can see here and there are soft physical exercises : good for the joints, the improved circulation etc. but some crucial element seems to be missing.

I have yet to encounter a real potent system.

Sorry for the pessimistic tone of my post :unsure:

Edited to correct a typo

Edited by smallsteps

This is what I found too. I seem to be gravitating more toward Buddhist practices these days as they are well trod and supportive paths to enlightenment. I've become a bit disillusioned with daoism recently and its (seemingly) 'sink or swim' philosophy. 

My main practice these days is the recitation of Om Mani Padme Hum, using the prayer wheel to magnify the power of the mantra.

I also practice an internal Shaolin form called Vajra Fist: 

The DVD is pretty rare but I think you can still buy it here: http://www.shaolinnewyork.com/gear.html#!/Bodhidharma-Jin-Gang-Quan-DVD/p/56722023/category=0

Eric said this form: Would raise kundalini and give a lot of energy. Also clear the meridians and be good for the brain and upper chakras.

Regarding the Mani mantra he said: The powerful sound of the mantra will clear the energy channels and stimulate the Kundalini energy to rise and energize the body.

Obviously though, the results would probably differ for you. Some of the practices that tested well for you, like Damo Mitchell's Wu Xing Qigong, have tested very badly for me. Also some practices that tested well for me before, no longer test well.

The funny thing is, these two practices are not even the most powerful ones he has tested for me. But the mani mantra in particular just feels so incredibly profound. It's the first time since I was a young Catholic infant school kid that I've felt the attention and blessings from a higher being. In the couple of months I've been practicing this, it's completely changed my life. I don't feel like I need to search anymore. 

By the way, I practiced Falun Gong for 10 years or so before I quit last year, and that is another system that I think has a lot of depth and power.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 2

Wow Vajra, 10 years of Falun Gong is quite a feat. That is one of the forms I did in the earlier days of my searching qigong methods but I could not keep up with it because it took 90 minutes and longer to do since I gradually was able to hold the static postures for longer and longer periods of time. That method left little time for me to anything else at night. But knowing that your were generating good chi in and bad chi out 24/7 was a good thing. Eric long ago tested that method and he saw that there was indeed a Falun wheel in my lower dan tien and he described what he saw perfectly. I can still remember feeling the wheel when it spontaneously entered my energy body. What you shared about Eric's test results for you shows just how individualized his scrutiny and results really are. As I have said, one man's meat is another man's poison. He tested Om Mani Padme for me awhile back and found that it was a very powerful mantra for me to listen to. I never kept up with it however.

That Shaolin Vajra fist form is beautiful to watch. That would be so beyond my ability to learn it.

And to Smallsteps, your post does not read as negative to me. You echo my opinions. Especially, my skepticism fostered by seeing the lack of longevity of so many of these masters of the internal arts. As I stated in an earlier recent post, my mother who currently is 91 years old has outlived almost all of them, as her grandfather did, and also one of my grandmothers. T.T. Liang is an exception, dying at age 102. Maybe because he always acted so young from what I can tell from reading his biography. One of those guys who just never seemed to really grow up.

I think that the people who experience most qigong methods as very potent are those who were born with a very special nervous system. My wife is one of those people. Today she was again telling me that even when I am in the basement she knows if I am doing qigong because she can feel the energy in the house. And there I am in the basement doing my thing and I can only muster a sensation of chi in my hands at the most, even from some super powerful qigong methods. Seems unfair, LOL.

In an effort to feel more chi than just in my hands I took the recommendation of a friend and had a Skype session with a Canadian energy healer today. He looks at you and he can see your energy bodies and where the blocks are and what has caused them. He is given information from your Higher Self and your guides.

The proof that he is for real is when he tells you what he sees are your main issues. He was right on with this information. He then goes to work doing whatever he does to improve the energy and move out the emotional and thinking patterns that are no longer serving you well and creating the blocks and problems in some organs. For me he saw that I was not even connected to my energy body and this has been the case for about the past 30 years. That is so interesting because about 30 years from an advanced TM experimental course I went into a temporary state of Cosmic Consciousness, the first stage of Enlightenment. I have described elsewhere what this was like. It is actually blissful and more natural feeling than words can do justice to. But it showed me why we do what we do in order to reach the goal of seekers. But the special method I was taught never worked for me again after that one day of Heaven on Earth. So this healer then started to reconnect me with my energy body. It will take some time for this to integrate so we shall see what I experience. He said since the internal has changed, eventually the external situations in my life must change to since with quantum energy, the internal is mirrored in the external.

My friend who had a session before me had incredible experiences during his session and has already found things in life starting to open for him. Just want to make this guy known to those who might resonate with this sort of energy work. He also really nails your relationships growing up in your family. There is no hiding in one of these sessions. He knows how you really felt toward other family members.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

I had this Russian based method tested and it came out that it is a good system but it would not help much to heal the energy imbalance in my liver. Other qigong methods tested better for health healing than what the Russian is teaching via Skype. True Taoist methods from the ancient classics such as translated and taught by Stuart Olson are involved and time consuming and they seem never ending. I do not think they are practical for modern life. I don't have longevity or immortality as my goal. My idea is to live as healthy as possible within the predestined lifespan that I have. I think that is what qigong is about. I do not think that all qigong methods are effective for health. Some are better than others. And one method that helps one person might not be effective for some other people. So for all things in life, it helps to have someone who is truly Awakened to help guide your choices for spiritual path methods. The blind shall not lead the blind.

what Russian method? previously you talked about Yigong by Jenny Lamb that tested the most powerful, what video is that?

I can't recall the mention of the Taoist group that gives group classes on Skype from St. Petersburg, Russia.

The name of the Jenny Lamb dvd is I think called Qigong by Jenny Lamb, either way, it is on Jenny Lamb website. Yi Gong tested as most powerful thing but that was I think 3 or 4 years ago. It still may be true but I do not practice it regularly as it works only inconsistently and when the body does not move spontaneously from the powerful qi flow it is very boring sitting there just waiting.

Golden Ball Qigong just takes about one or two minutes to do. I might also learn Scott Cole's 5 Elements Qigong as that is another one minute form but looks pretty cool to watch. Some people think the 24 Postures of Therapeutic Qigong passed down from one of China's greatest martial artists, Wang Zi-Ping, meets all of their needs. So who knows? At this point in my qigong seeking I have concluded that the methods that I want to stick with have to test well by Eric and secondly, they have to be easy to learn and enjoyable to perform and I have to feel some qi flow at least in my hands. Longevity Qigong meets these criteria and I have been doing it for a year. The one Flying Phoenix Chi Kung method that I now do once again meets this criteria. As does the Golden Ball.

I am also, if time permits, which means I need to be more disciplined with time, I want to go back to the super powerful 690 AD Qigong from Grandmaster Doo Wai's family which is a static simple method with just 4 postures where you really feel the qi build strongly in your hands and clairvoyants can see you filling with Divine Light. It made one of my psychics dizzy when I just mentioned the name of the method to her and she tuned into it. She said it was that powerful. So instead of writing these comments on here, I need to be doing qigong, LOL.

Tao stillness I don't know if you have considered the thought but why haven't you asked your main clairvoyant to find out specifically for you what is the best stagnation/meridian clearing approach and how to improve your sensitivity?...he keeps testing for you qigongs you keep searching for and can give really accurate readings on how it will affect you but he can't provide ultra individualized advice for you so you can fix your energetic problems?...something doesn't sound right about that.

• Like 1

I have asked about the blocks and he told me just to get it done with and go to Oneness University course in India to have brain rewired and come back permanently Awakened. In the past he has seen the main problem with not sensing subtle energy is there is energy block connecting left and right hemispheres of the brain and thus I am not sensitive to what the right hemisphere is registering because there is not good communication between the hemispheres. He said meditation will not release this block, it would take Divine Grace. So once again he is saying only the Oneness course in India will be effective. I have no desire to travel all that distance and they have recently raised their fees considerably for their courses in India. I will wait until they eventually start offering those types of courses on Skype which I have a feeling they will do one of these days in the near future. Perhaps within 5 years. If things become even worse in world condition of violence, I think they will be forced to reach more people rather than hope that more people will come to India to be Awakened. I can wait. So as I have said elsewhere, I do not believe it is so much the qigong method that a person does, but rather the results depends on the condition of the nervous system of the person doing the qigong method. So to continue to search for a more effective qigong method is going to be futile for myself.

Golden Ball Qigong just takes about one or two minutes to do. I might also learn Scott Cole's 5 Elements Qigong as that is another one minute form but looks pretty cool to watch. Some people think the 24 Postures of Therapeutic Qigong passed down from one of China's greatest martial artists, Wang Zi-Ping, meets all of their needs. So who knows? At this point in my qigong seeking I have concluded that the methods that I want to stick with have to test well by Eric and secondly, they have to be easy to learn and enjoyable to perform and I have to feel some qi flow at least in my hands. Longevity Qigong meets these criteria and I have been doing it for a year. The one Flying Phoenix Chi Kung method that I now do once again meets this criteria. As does the Golden Ball.

I am also, if time permits, which means I need to be more disciplined with time, I want to go back to the super powerful 690 AD Qigong from Grandmaster Doo Wai's family which is a static simple method with just 4 postures where you really feel the qi build strongly in your hands and clairvoyants can see you filling with Divine Light. It made one of my psychics dizzy when I just mentioned the name of the method to her and she tuned into it. She said it was that powerful. So instead of writing these comments on here, I need to be doing qigong, LOL.

Which Doo Wai practice form is that? I have one of his DVD's as well as Flying Phoenix vol. one.

Edited by ralis

I have asked about the blocks and he told me just to get it done with and go to Oneness University course in India to have brain rewired and come back permanently Awakened. In the past he has seen the main problem with not sensing subtle energy is there is energy block connecting left and right hemispheres of the brain and thus I am not sensitive to what the right hemisphere is registering because there is not good communication between the hemispheres. He said meditation will not release this block, it would take Divine Grace. So once again he is saying only the Oneness course in India will be effective. I have no desire to travel all that distance and they have recently raised their fees considerably for their courses in India. I will wait until they eventually start offering those types of courses on Skype which I have a feeling they will do one of these days in the near future. Perhaps within 5 years. If things become even worse in world condition of violence, I think they will be forced to reach more people rather than hope that more people will come to India to be Awakened. I can wait. So as I have said elsewhere, I do not believe it is so much the qigong method that a person does, but rather the results depends on the condition of the nervous system of the person doing the qigong method. So to continue to search for a more effective qigong method is going to be futile for myself.

whenever I hear this type of bullshit...that you need the "immortal master's" transmission ....or some kind of "Divine Grace" nonsense...and practices won't get you there....that sound more like they want to do some kind of ritual...who knows what they want to attache to your spiritual body...it sounds more like possession...if practices don't work then why the f**k do them at all?I saw your psychic's picture, he looks like shit for his age, his parasite seems to thrive. Jenny Lamb talked about this,how many play with energetic practices and open their third eye and shit and their intention being acquiring power, that attracts lower spirits that posses them, she said people should be more preoccupied on cultivating virtues not play around with energetic manipulations that we honestly don't know what effects they have and what gates they open for some entities that want to feed on you.I always wondered why people try energy manipulation practices when they don't know what effect it will produce on a level that we simply don't have any organ senses to know what we're truly doing...we base our "knowing" on how we feel,even though our feelings most of the times only create more confusion.I heard a story about someone hiring a magician to harm a buddhist monk...i think he was theravada...the magician said that for some reason what he did didn't really work and gave up.unless at an lower physical and energetic level we manage to cultivate as many positive virtues and fix many of our denatured ways to perceive reality how can someone expect to advance to higher real spiritual knowledge? it's like western medicine who don't fix the root causes and imbalances but try to mask the symptoms with bandages...people think for a time they're well...but then the side effects surface themselves and everything gets worse.

Edited by nonee
  • Like 1

LOL, Eric is in his 70's and looks younger in person than online. It could be that Jenny Lamb has never met an Awakened man or true Avatar. She makes a huge fee from her work, so it is to her advantage to say people are possessed. If she did not have her third eye open she could not see that people are possessed. And people have no idea how Eric received his gift of sight. I can tell you that it came from on HIgh which is the opposite of any spirit possession. So as it is easy to judge and express opinions, we all do that, but in some cases it only means we do not have the experience or understanding for some things that we do not understand. So I would be careful generalizing, it happens to be one of the 13 major irrational beliefs.