Netero

Potent Systems

Very astute observation and question. John Alton in his book answers that question. In fact, he changed some things up since he published the book and now adds some physical workout to the qigong method and calls the new system Unified Fitness. But there is a difference, and as I said, he covers that in his book. I have seen different methods of Neigong, not all of them use muscle resistance. The guys who have martial arts backgrounds and then do neigong dvds seem to like the hard neigong.

I commented elsewhere that I don't see many of these famous qigong or tai chi masters living past their 70's and 80's.

My mother is 91 and has never done any exercise since she was in high school gym class. Her grandfather lived to be in his 90's at a time when most men were dying when in their 60's or early 70's. The only exercise I do is walking our dogs and doing qigong which is so slow that I don't consider it exercise. I am 68 yrs old and my BP is usually 110/71. Never been on any Western medicine except for the need for an antibiotic for an upper respiratory infection once in awhile due to the harsh climates I have lived in and not getting enough sleep at those times. So I don't really know what it takes for longevity other than the luck of the draw when it comes to genes. I use qigong as preventive medicine. There are probably some types of qigong that can even change things at the level of the genes. Who knows? But let's hope so. 

• Like 1

My wife is 22 years my junior. I am 70, so you and I are close in age. I just had a birthday. Just another day for me. The most positive thought I hold in my mind and heart is that I will live long enough to see her when she hits 70. I know that she will be "hot" then. But she is really "hot" now and I want to enjoy her "hottness" a few 20 years before I am creamated. But honestly, I don't want anyone else to have her. First woman in my life that I have truly loved just because. The rest is frosting on the cake. That is why I work out so hard, and am still in martial art. I want to stay an active lion. :)

Happy birthday Jim and congrats on such a fine young catch!

I just got married for the first time last year. I held out for finding a woman who would share my interests in qigong and Transcendental Meditation and knew how to make me feel loved. She took to both of those energy methods immediately and her initial experiences probably were better than my current results from both of those methods which shows me how evolved of a soul she is. She is younger than I so I have to keep up with her hormones. I find that taking the ayurvedic equivalent of ginseng does the trick beyond what I would have ever thought. It is called Ashwaganda. An adaptogen which means it sends energy to the cells.

The name in English is Winter Cherry. Or it could be qigong that is creating the stamina. I have more stamina than I had 10 years ago, so something is working. I could ask my medical clairvoyant what is causing the increased stamina but I guess I am a bit too embarrassed to do that.

Nothing works for me...and honestly at this point in my I would rather not have that Monkey on my back anymore. It was driving me. My wife is equally uninterested. But we do express a lot of affection and gratitude for each other. She is very funny, creative, loyal, out going, very smart, sensitive, trust worthy, affectionate, good with money, very attractive, and dresses the way I like to see a woman dress (she has a full room we call the Closet Room with an adjoining bathroom where she can get ready for work in the morning and not be disturbed. She has so many clothes, she tells me it would take her three years to wear all of them one at a time). She has her own office in our home. And will have her own Yoga room by September. It will be off her bedroom.

We share similar spiritual beliefs. We pray together in the morning in front of our Buddha Baby. Then we will sit on the couch and read to each other. Than she goes to work, and I will throw her a kiss from the driveway. Been doing that for the past five years and don't plan to stop.

Any one ever worked with any of the dvds from Grandmaster Zhang Yuanming? His lineage is amazing so I suspect his qigong is authentic. I watched a clip of his Dragon Qigong which was way beyond my level but I just ordered his 5 Element dvd for the liver since that is my weak point. I want to give that area extra treatment and add it to Damo Mitchell's Wu Xing Qigong which tested very well and is so easy to do and I felt Qi flow in the hands from the very first movement. That video is available on YouTube and only takes 6 minutes to do all 5 Elements. The test report from the medical clairvoyant:

Wu Xing Qigong. pronounced woo sheeng chi kung. ———Looks very good. Purifying and cleansing and it should move the kundalini energy up the spine to the higher centers.

What I like about the above test results is that when Kundalini reaches the higher centers and remains there, you are then in the Awakened state of consciousness per the current avatar for the planet, Sri Ama-Bhagavan of Oneness University in Golden City, southern India.

If you're practicing Damo Mitchell's qigong forms from youtube, you should check out his books (Wu Xing Qi Gong is contained in Heavenly Streams, and Ji Ben Qi Gong in Daoist Nei Gong: The Philosophical Art of Change). The books contain more indepth instructions for the forms, including the method for properly aligning the movements with your breathing, as well as a ton of other useful information for practicing which can be worked in with any system of qigong.

• Like 1

Thank you Aeran!

I did have one of Damo's books 3 or 4 years ago but never finished it. Now that I am doing one of his methods I will order Heavenly Streams since I think the book I had was his Daoist Nei Gong. I will not do Ji Ben Gong as it tested not good for me.

The test report said that it would take years of practice before I would gain any benefit from that method. Too bad because those movements look really nice. Do you know if his 3 dvd disc that has been redone contains his Wu Xing Qigong form? Hard to believe he only wants something like $24 for 3 disc set. I suppose he makes his big money from his online courses and workshops.From reading one of his books it is apparent that he is very knowledgeable and I assume that he is a reincarnated Taoist priest.

I haven't seen his DVD's, but I've read all four of his books and seen a few of his youtube lectures and Q&A's, and the depth of his knowledge is amazing, especially for how young he is. I don't know anything about reincarnation :P but he's a testament to the fact that 20 years of hard work will yield amazing results.

• Like 1

I believe like Edgar Cayce stated that whenever you see a prodigy in any field, it is due to having first mastered that particular skill by a soul in prior lifetimes.

I have started to watch one of Damo's lectures and I agree, his knowledge is amazing and much of it probably comes from his direct experience.

Today I exchanged several emails with John Alton, creator of the Reflection Response Qigong. He has recently gotten rid of his United Fitness website and created a new one since he has updated his method and has written a new book. Anyone who has an illness might want to look at John's website and watch his 3 minute video explaining his method and why it heals conditions. He no longer uses the Three Emperors Qigong form as part of his method. Instead of the dvd he sold, he now has a digital download video to learn his method along with a new E-book which I downloaded and was excited from what I read so far in his introduction.

This seems to be taking qigong to a new level of healing effectively. He said his methodology is accepted by the highest qigong authority in China.

I have know for years that meditation if done routinely will block anger. Brianl, the website you provided seem to support my hypothesis. The meditation I was referring to was a seated meditation, and guided.

Dissipate or dampen rather than block, I think. The distinction may seem trivial but I would say it is not.

• Like 3

For some yet to be discovered reason, I think that mediation produces a chemical signal that may fit the synapses in the Amygdala and thereby blocks the trasmission of negaitive impulses to be perceived by the CNS. An example of this would be Methadone used first to block pain, now used to block cravings for Heroin.

Novocain blocks nerves from sending signals of pain to the CNS. As the Novocain wears off, and the dentist is still drilling, pain sensation comes back little by little. That is how it is that a person has to be careful not to bite the inside of their cheek. There is no sensation of pain.

So Brian, are you saying that I will be less angry if I meditate? I would agree with you. I think block is probably too strong a word. Endorphins and Enkephalins would not be strong enough to block Nnorepinephrine and Adrinaline involved in the fight or response reaction.

For some yet to be discovered reason, I think that mediation produces a chemical signal that may fit the synapses in the Amygdala and thereby blocks the trasmission of negaitive impulses to be perceived by the CNS. An example of this would be Methadone used first to block pain, now used to block cravings for Heroin.

Novocain blocks nerves from sending signals of pain to the CNS. As the Novocain wears off, and the dentist is still drilling, pain sensation comes back little by little. That is how it is that a person has to be careful not to bite the inside of their cheek. There is no sensation of pain.

So Brian, are you saying that I will be less angry if I meditate? I would agree with you. I think block is probably too strong a word. Endorphins and Enkephalins would not be strong enough to block Nnorepinephrine and Adrinaline involved in the fight or response reaction.

Those were just the first two studies a web-search found -- there are more if you care to dig.

Energy work alters the structure of the brain, physically remaps activities and causes growth in some regions & shrinkage in others -- changes which have been measured in clinical studies with tools like MRI, CAT, EEG, etc. That's in addition to the endocrine changes induced.

• Like 1

Thanks Brian. I am happy with the limited knowledge that I have that people are still me paying to give because I seem to know more then them. If they only knew!!!! :blink:

I have enough in my tool box. I am still trying to get rid of some. It is getting to heavy, and I can only use one tool at a time. I don't even meditate formally anymore. Haven't in years. Got to be too much work, and habitual. Something became more important.So, it dropped by the wayside. Don't think I will going back that way again soon, if ever.

As a Doaist, and that is the reason I came to this site initially, I do not revere knowledge anylonger. I used it  as a self esteem booster. I hated teaching because I did not like big words, and big concepts that really did not make a hill of beans when it came to living on life's terms. My mentor once advised me to try and pass along lving tools along with academic tools for learning. I have done so to the best of my ability so far.

I believe knowledge is an illusion, that we as a race for the most part, are living an illusion. But I feel something underneath all of this that is pure and simple. It is just out of reach.

Edited by Jim D.

Brian, you are right on understanding that there are literally physical changes to the brain resulting from some types of energy work. The avatar, Sri Ama-Bhagavan has stated for example that his Oneness Blessing energy transmission quiets the parietal lobes of the brain while enlivening the frontal lobe. People on the courses in India where participants become permanently awakened who are clairvoyant have seen higher Beings working on the brains of the participants while they slept as part of the rewiring to produce Awakening. My best friend was on that course and related that story. Bhagavan was asked about this and he said that those Beings who hang around the temple who became enlightened long ago in past lifetimes and are now assisting in the awakening process. For those who only believe what they can experience from their own 5 senses, this probably will sound like science fiction.

• Like 3

Better that the mind stands still than the earth stands still, LOL.

Aeran, I just got Damo Mitchell's Heavenly Streams book yesterday and what a complete difference it has made in doing his Wu Xing compared to doing it from just following along with the youtube video. Doing the first two elements the way he teaches in the book I was able to feel huge amounts of qi in my hands and then when in the static position following doing an element I could feel qi also in the feet. Just like Damo states, after awhile the qi will be felt coming up from the ground into the body. If this is just day one, I look forward to learning the rest of the elements and becoming proficient at it. They are very easy to do but putting the awareness where he tells you to in the book is the key to feeling the power from the form.

So thanks again Aeran!

• Like 1

Glad it helped man :) It really is an excellent book.

Although I have to admit, I am curious, why have you gone through so many different forms and systems? It seems like every few days you're discussing a new one here :P Are you just experimenting out of curiosity, or is there a specific result you're looking for?

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

LOL, I ask that same question myself!

Seriously, as you probably know from what I have posted, for some unknown reason I usually do not feel much qi from any of these methods so I have always been looking for something more powerful to allow me to feel qi like other people do inside of their body, etc. Part of the problem is having the services of a gifted medical clairvoyant. I stumble upon a new qigong method and as you guessed, out of curiosity I have Eric test it and then it sounds like it will be more beneficial than the methods that I am currently doing. Almost like a drug addict chasing after a bigger high, LOL. Another reason is that when I actually start doing some of the ones I newly acquire, they might prove too difficult for me to learn, or they just do not feel enjoyable doing them, or I am feeling nothing from them so I stop doing them. Having been single until a year ago, it reminds me of when I was dating women. I would always be looking for the right one for me and I did not want to settle for anything less. Same way with my relationship with qigong. But Longevity Qigong by Simon Blow is a keeper with its very simple, gentle, slow, flowing tai chi like movements. The rest I have been trying on for size to see how they fit. But I do tire of the endless searching.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

An additional comment to my previous post.

You will notice that I have done only one type of meditation, TM, for the past 43 years. So when I do find a method that gives me what I am looking for, I do not keep seeking. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened.

For those who live outside the USA who are interested in downloading John Alton's new Ebook, he just wrote to me explaining that Kindle is going to soon remedy a technical problem that they overlooked but John just discovered. The Ebook then will be available in Germany and other countries in about 48 hours.

The download for the new video is a different matter. John has recently made an effort to get Amazon to make it available outside the USA and he is expecting to get a reply from them next week. He is also trying to get the video on Itunes but he said that could take a few months. HIs method sounds exciting since there is actual research on it and it claims to allow you to send healing energy to whatever area of the body needs it and from a scientific explanation, you realize how that can happen. John is great to communicate with and really has much knowledge and experience in China. His sincerity to share healing with others is real.

Does anyone know how to order the Mew Hing meditation series dvds without having to do business with Ironpalm.com?

For various reasons I have been warned to not do business with them but thier Mew Hing series sounds good. There used to be a website that featured still photos from a training manual for these sitting postures that resemble in a way Flying Phoenix Chi Kung meditations.

LOL, I ask that same question myself!

Seriously, as you probably know from what I have posted, for some unknown reason I usually do not feel much qi from any of these methods so I have always been looking for something more powerful to allow me to feel qi like other people do inside of their body, etc. Part of the problem is having the services of a gifted medical clairvoyant. I stumble upon a new qigong method and as you guessed, out of curiosity I have Eric test it and then it sounds like it will be more beneficial than the methods that I am currently doing. Almost like a drug addict chasing after a bigger high, LOL. Another reason is that when I actually start doing some of the ones I newly acquire, they might prove too difficult for me to learn, or they just do not feel enjoyable doing them, or I am feeling nothing from them so I stop doing them. Having been single until a year ago, it reminds me of when I was dating women. I would always be looking for the right one for me and I did not want to settle for anything less. Same way with my relationship with qigong. But Longevity Qigong by Simon Blow is a keeper with its very simple, gentle, slow, flowing tai chi like movements. The rest I have been trying on for size to see how they fit. But I do tire of the endless searching.

Ahh that makes sense. 

I'm curious, after 43 years, how do you feel about TM? Obviously you're getting something from it, but is it something that would be worth taking up? I was discussing it with someone else the other day, and they said it was a very beneficial method, but that it had a low ceiling in terms of the effects it provided.

As far as feeling Qi goes, you should try the Sung Breathing exercises from Damo Mitchell's book. I'm fairly sure he goes through it in Heavenly Streams, but Nei Gong contains a more detailed description. 

I'd also recommend checking out Anthony Korahais at http://flowingzen.com/ 

He runs online workshops where he teaches a specific training routine which can be adapted to pretty much any style of qigong, and seems to help enormously in both maximizing the effects and become more sensitive to the internal effects of the exercises. He writes a bit about it here: http://flowingzen.com/17310/how-to-feel-qi-energy-without-waiting-years/

The tons of scientific research papers would disagree with your friend about TM having limited effects. Remember, I went into a temporary state of enlightenment, Cosmic Consciousness from an advanced TM program. TM has tremendous health benefits and creates a sense of inner fulfillment that I have yet to experience from qigong.

I just got off the phone with the very experienced qigong teacher, Mark Johnson, of Santa Rosa, CA who has sold over 700,000 dvds. He is 75 yrs old now and does not want to go to his grave without passing on some of what he has learned from his Chinese master who has amazing abilities documented in Mark's biography available as Ebook from Amazon for $5.

I am having Eric test the dvds on his website to see about his qigong method. After our conversation I will put away the Tai Chi for Beginners from Don Fiore that I just began last night since Mark told me that qigong is so much better than tai chi for health and healing. He said tai chi is mainly for martial arts. Lama Tantrapa has some great recent interviews with Mark. I found Mark to be exactly how he is on the interviews. There is no pretense about him, he is very candid and has the experience of teaching for over 50 years to support his opinions.

• Like 3