Netero

Potent Systems

I am rather new to the world of internal cultivation; I only know of two good sources in these strange lands - Max Christensen and Jerry Alan Johnson.

I was hoping you could share what you consider the most potent source(s) in terms of practice - of course, each of us has our own particular constitution, ideals and natural inclinations, so this is not to be understood as a childish attempt to find the "best" system. It is simply an inquiry as to what have worked the best for you.

• Haha 1

What is it you're hoping to achieve? Different systems are going to have a different balance of martial/medical/mystical focus.

Regarding JAJ and Christensen - I've heard good things about JAJ's system, but I believe it's very much something you need personal instruction and initiation into (even moreso than usual), so if you live somewhere near where one of his disciples teach (he no longer teaches publicly, I believe), that would be worth looking into. On the other hand, he used to charge an exorbitant price for instruction when he did teach (that is, a price which would prevent most people from studying with him, not just a high price), which is a bit of a red mark for me. But I don't think I'd recommend trying to practice just using his books.

Max Christensen is a very controversial figure from what I've gathered - I personally don't know enough about the various claims being made about the man and what he teaches to comment one way or the other, having missed much of that drama, except to say that I personally don't get a good feeling from his material, and that he's closely connected to individuals who have conducted themselves in a highly questionable manner (or at least, these individuals claim a close connection to him and vouch for the validity of his work). On the flip side, a woman named, if I recall correctly, Sifu Jenny Lamb, apparently teaches at least some of the same material and I've never heard anything but good about her, so that might be a route worth investigating.

Now for my thoughts on some other systems which I've engaged with or researched and which are reasonably accessible to the average Westerner, in no particular order (bearing in mind I'm no expert when it comes to Daoist cultivation, so I'm sure I'm missing many excellent systems and teachers).

- Damo Mitchell. He's written a series of excellent books on nei gong, nei dan and chinese medicine, probably the best literature I've come across on the subject. He has an immense talent for taking complicated aspects of Daoist philosophy/practice and translating them across the cultural divide from ancient China to the modern West without them losing any of their deeper meaning or purpose, and while I don't practice the specific system laid out in his books, I've gained a lot of knowledge and some excellent supplementary practices which have enhanced my own training and understanding of Daoism immensely.

While I wouldn't suggest doing so, I think that if one was determined to try self training in classical Daoist cultivation purely through books, I feel Mitchell's would give them the best chance of succeeding (Damo himself runs the Lotus Nei Gong organization which has branches across the UK and, I believe, Scandinavia, and runs workshops across Europe and in the US). In fact I'd recommend them to anyone with the slightest interest in Daoism.

http://www.lotusneigong.org/

http://www.scholarsage.com/

- Sifu Terry Dunn's Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. I've practiced this system on and off (unfortunately - if I could have my time again I would just stick with it full time) for the last two years and have to say it's probably the single best system of Chi Kung I've practiced. It induced incredible effects with just the few months of practice (and noticeable effects even faster), well beyond any of the other generic qigong systems I've tried. The energy it cultivates has a strong healing and profoundly spiritualizing effect (probably moreso, per time practiced, than any other system of energetic meditation I've tried).

Sifu Terry has a thread here on daobums where he's been posting for years answering questions about this system and poured a huge amount of his knowledge out to help practitioners free of charge, and he offers personal skype training for students who've advanced beyond the content of the DVD's (he also has DVD's on tai chi, and indepth experience with several other Daoist/kung fu systems), as well as running classes in California.

http://taichimania.com/

http://taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

- warriorbodybuddhamind.com. I haven't personally practiced their teachings, but I've seen what they have to say on their website and youtube channels and I get the feeling they very much know their stuff when it comes to kung fu and energetic cultivation. As I understand it, a lot of their training come from the same lineage as the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung mentioned above (Grandmaster Doo Wai's Bok Fu Pai), and Sifu Terry has spoken highly of Sifu Hearfield (who has also contributed here on daobums), one of the main teachers on WBBM. They seem to have a fairly balanced martial/medical/mystical approach - possibly leaning slightly towards the martial side of things.

http://www.warriorbodybuddhamind.com/wbbm/

Garry Clyman - I don't know a whole lot about the guy, so I'll let those who do fill you in more fully, but he seems to be the real deal if you're interested in taiji backed by a legitimate system of nei gong for the generation of internal power for martial purposes and at least certain specialized forms of healing (something he calls "emotional liposuction," which has a lot of good testimonials floating around). There's also apparently a spiritual element, but I don't know the specifics. The flip side is that he requires a fair bit of money upfront to learn his system (in the 4 figure range, the prices are on his site), so be sure it's what you want before dropping a few grand on one of his classes or DVD's. His personality seems to rub some people the wrong way, but I've never heard of any specific case of abuse/deception/fraud.

http://www.chikung.com/

Master Jiang Feng - he's attracted a bit of a weird following online because of the videos of him performing certain flashy energetic feats which are floating around, but from what I've gathered reading accounts of people who've met him, received healing from him and trained under him, he's apparently very much the real deal, a humble man dedicated to using qi gong healing and chinese medicine to help people in suffering.

He runs a qi gong hospital in China which is open to training Westerners, and one of his disciples (Aurelian Popa) organizes regular trips over there for those interested, but you'd have to be willing to put down the money to travel to China and quite possibly more money still (several thousand) to pay for the herbal treatments he uses to get people into optimal health prior to training (basically as I understand it, he provides energy healing and training itself for free, but supplements these with expensive herbal treatments which some people require, to various degrees depending on the state of their health, before they can instigate the training).

http://masterjiang.com/

http://apricotforesthospital.com/

Off the top of my head, those are the sources which I've either engaged with to some degree or read about in detail which seem to be both very much the real deal in terms of offering a lifetime's worth of training in Daoist-style cultivation and the results to show for it, are readily accessible to the average student (depending on your location and finances) and have solid reputations (ie. there aren't any claims of fraud, abuse or similar).

Good luck.

• Like 8

This is in the Daoist section, but I'm a huge fan of Tara's Triple Excellence online program (which is Buddhist). It's potent in terms of "liberation", and is very sensible for the most part. I suspect that in the 3rd excellence portion of the program, the energy work focused people would be satisfied.

• Like 1

I would add Michael Lomax (Ya Mu on this forum). He's the real deal and the system he teaches is, too.

• Like 1

I'll throw in Michael Winn of Healing Tao USA, just google him and he had youtube videos.

I also like Michael Lomax as Brian mentioned.  Just the few changes in how to sit were well worth the seminar.

Max Christenson and his system is worth experiencing.

If you have an interest in Buddhism, especially the deeper side with jhanas and want a teacher who's both contemporary and has a great sense of humor google Ajahn Brahms.  He has many free dharma talks for download and even some books. 

Two points.  It good to look around and experiment to see what connects with you, but ultimately you have to 'marry' one system.  Though you can still flirt with others occasionally.  Also, As I've gotten older I've been focused on less potent systems, getting back to just sitting.  Nothing wrong with keeping it simple.  Last thing, its nice to have a chanting system in your portfolio for when you're in the shower. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the flip side, a woman named, if I recall correctly, Sifu Jenny Lamb, apparently teaches at least some of the same material and I've never heard anything but good about her, so that might be a route worth investigating.

Except where she may charge $12K to (temporarily) remove manifestations ("entities") of your Shadow Self...

I do hear (according to Aetherous) that her fundamental qigong health exercises may be pretty good, though?

Day 1 consisted of learning practices that open channels, get blood and Qi moving, and remove stagnation, excess, and deficiencies of yin/yang. Basically these were exercises that compliment Yi Gong and are very good to do in the morning. There were 10 exercises and all of them integrated body, breath, and movement. We also learned a tapping along the meridians exercise and a practice of opening the back channels. In the 2nd session of the 1st day we learned even more exercise which were quite unique and sort of resemble Yoga asanas, though not as difficult physically. These exercises Jenny said she learned from her spontaneous practice.

• Like 2

Aye, what you're hoping to achieve is a good question. The majority of my personal experience has been martial cultivation with healing aspects. Neigong for different styles may lead to similar results but the method is often rather different. I've found the neijin of xingyiquan and baguazhang to have some crossover with the Chen taiji I initially learned but the teaching is very different and usage can be vastly different. That said I know of a few different lineages that I have touched hands with or actually practiced that I can comment on.

Chen Village/Family Taijiquan (practiced)

Usually very good for developing chansijin (silk reeling) and leg strength. Applications typically focused on qinna but some striking. May not be the best in detailed instruction of proper middle dantien usage, one is expected to intuit this from push hands. Also there has been an agreement amongst some of the top Chen instructors not to teach the true mechanics to Western students. Some instructors are more open, I recommend training with a xiaojia focused instructor if you can.

Chen Style Practical Method Taijiquan (touched hands, comparison)

This version of Chen has some heavy influence from Yang and Wu styles and teaches certain skill sets that are entirely outside of the traditional Chen methods. Unlike the focus on chansijin these additions are focused on one part is still while everything moves - very good for push hands. There is some argument about training with Chen Zhonghua vs his older gong fu brothers. CZH's instruction is different from his older gong fu brothers as he has a wider range of instructors and did not actually train under Hong Junsheng. Li Enjiu and Li Chugong represent something closer to Hong Junsheng's teachings and they are arguably two of the best taiji players in the world.

Xie Peiqi's lineage Yin Style Baguazhang (practiced)

This one is very balanced in hard/soft, Buddhist/Daoist cultivation and health/martial purposes. The Lion system is very good for transforming the body and opening the ribs. The Bear system has similar mechanics to taijiquan. The Dragon system's mechanics are similar to xingyiquan. The Rooster system is kind of like a Northern/Southern hybrid. Unicorn is probably the most internal of their styles but I have yet to see someone use it in person.

Kenny Gong's Xingyibagua (practiced)

This is very focused on body changing and martial application. The xingyi is the core of the system and as my teacher presents it we practically discarded ming jin and focus on an jin and hua jin. Unlike many other xingyi systems this one is very soft and relaxed. The structure of the body and spiral forces are readily apparent to experienced practitioners and there is less focus on dantiens and more focus on the entire central column of the body. The ribs are opened at first and then you learn to integrate ribs opening and closing into the movements. The baguazhang is very soft as well and is the Old Jiang Rongqiao bagua with dragon flavor. Internal power quickly ramps up from this combination system and it can be too quick in releasing blockages, good luck dealing with a lot of the middle dantien releases, the emotional stuff is intense. Middle dantian flowing downward to lower dantian mechanics are focused on more than LDT up.

Bruce Kumar Frantzis Baguazhang and Wu Taiji (practiced)

My first baguazhang teacher was a student of Kumar's before he learned from Xie Peiqi and He Jinbao. The bagua is a very systematic art that painstakingly programs certain movement patterns into the body. Structure in a straight line is focused on first and then increasingly complex movements and patterns are developed. The material is largely Cheng based externally but it is said Liu Hung Chieh's biggest influence on the bagua side was a Yin Fu disciple. The Wu taiji is a little different than others and his branch uses terms I've not heard used elsewhere. That said there are some very effective skills that Kumar teaches from that style which crossover with other internals.

I Liq Chuan (touched hands)

A hard/soft martial art I Liq Chuan (Intent Strength Fist) is described as taiji body, Zen mind. Certain Hakka arts and taiji are the main influences in the creation of this hybrid art. The mechanics are quite effective for developing neijin, the curriculum is very structured with testing, and these people tend to mix it up on the lei tai or push hands circuits. Sam Chin is quite impressive and his students can represent some of what he does rather well. They are currently working with Bernard Langan in the Bay Area to integrate things like Rolfing and Feldenkrais into the material for healing purposes. Sam Chin also has extensive experience in Buddhist meditation.

Dragongate Sanctuary Baguazhang and Qigong (touched hands, participated in practice)

One of my elder gong fu brothers practices this alongside the xingyibagua. His description of the bagua is that it is more of a martial qigong and fighting applications are not focused on much. He also teaches the Kunlun stuff from Max with Chris Matsuo's modifications as well. The bagua is supposed to be a Cheng variant with Tibetan White Crane influence, I've never seen the martial side of this and my xingyibagua teacher refers to it as "baby bagua bullshit."

Excellent. Thanks for all the contributions.

I'm exclusively inclined towards the mystical aspect of internal cultivation for now. While I do find the martial and medicinal aspects both fascinating and practical, I'd rather be economical with my focus the first few years of training.

Edited by Netero

I'm exclusively inclined towards the mystical aspect of internal cultivation for now. 

Perhaps research teaching plants. 

It is not so casually non-committal and comfortable as chatting in a room with someone where one is always free to simply walk out.  Heed this warning, it is not a path for faint of heart as the plants know no concept of mercy.  Those unwilling or unable to take the effort to meditate and integrate the experiences may rapidly suffer an imbalanced reality model/delusion to whatever extent they choose. 

Plants are indifferent to human suffering, while simultaneously offering all the physical energy in ones manifest body for this fleeting human experience. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 1

Hi, can you talk a little about this? Do you have experience with this?

thnx

8)

Plants and sun relationship is already the entropy source for the human manifest body. When someone chooses to participate in a corpse eating ritual, the energy in that corpose came from plants. If one eats say 100cal of an aligator's necrotic corpse, this was once ~1000cal of chicken corpse, which was once 10,000cal of soy beans which harnessed the sun's energy to transform through photosynthesis from a lower entropy substance to a higher entropy substance. Even if a being chooses indifference in imposing needless torture and murder on other beings, it's still disrespectfully wasteful of mother earths energy and resources to not directly fuel this body from plants directly with no added stages of thermodynamic losses.

If one plants a seed outside in the sunshine, or grows it indoors with artificial light, the energy still came from the sun. If the artificial light was generated by burning coal or natural gas, this is stored chemical potential energy from the sun. If its powered by wind turbines, the wind is driven by the sun, etc.

Every aspect of our physical bodies, including the physical conscious mind, ultimately depend on plants for energy to survive.

In this inseparable animal/plant relationship, many adaptations have arisen between them. One adaptation is the 100's of thousands of unique chemical receptors inside ones body which serve no other function than to detect and interlock with various plant/fungus chemicals. The relationship is beyond chance, its a very complex 3d key in an even more complex 3d lock in the receptor, often once combined gaining a unique ability to penetrate the bodies blood-brain defense barrier which would otherwise not enable function.

Behind each of these normally locked doors in ones physiology resides an alternative perspective reality experience.

With each new vantage point reality is observed from, one gains opportunity for new realizations that were otherwise non-obvious.

I have experienced dozens of these always unique and often profoundly powerful plant/body interaction opportunities for perception induced realization.

It has been my only teacher. With no words, this teacher can't lie. With no lesson plan, this teacher can't incorrectly or improperly deliver it. With no mercy this teacher can cut through all internal fleeting arisings of the little mind to reveal to you indescribable Mind.

As far as the plants which can offer this, the list is much too long to post and it would still be incomplete.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 1

Excellent. Thanks for all the contributions - looking forward for more to come. How about you lurkers? Is the armchair too comfy or are your asses too fat? :P

I'm exclusively inclined towards the mystical aspect of internal cultivation for now. While I do find the martial and medicinal aspects both fascinating and practical, I'd rather be economical with my focus the first few years of training - which includes practicing one system only, as far as internal cultivation goes.

[Edited for spelling]

I recommend studying alchemy texts - "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" and Wang Mu - "Foundation of Internal Alchemy" and the HuiMing Ching - are 3 must-reads - I have them linked on my website. 2 of them free pdfs.

As for teachers - you seem to be "shopping" around but the question is or rather the issue is can a teacher find a good student? That is much more difficult. haha.

I studied with a teacher who studied with the teacher of Yan Xin at Shaolin - you know the one-finger master Haidan who never slept?

The teacher I studied with also studied with other teachers - but the teacher I studied with does healing.

He uses alchemy terms and he was trained in alchemy but you would not know that unless you were looking for it.

So it depends on the student - and what kind of training they want to do.

There is also Ch'an teacher Master Nan, Huai-chin - but his first books are out of print I guess - I have them linked on my website - and also the other Charles Luks books.

So I have all those linked - it's all free information.

The issue of cost, etc. - you can find so much free info - it's really a matter of committing to the training.

For example Wang Liping says to sit full lotus for 6 hours  a day with no conceptions in the mind - for 1 year - to restore 10 years worth of lost "yuan jing" from lack of celibacy.

so that gives you an idea of the training commitment for real results.

As Master Nan, Huai-chin says what happens is people get "heroic over-exuberance" when the spiritual powers develop and then overuse the powers and then "fall back into worldliness."

So you really can't detach the powers (martial or medicinal) from the spiritual training.

As the teacher I studied with says - if you want to see if someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease.

The simplest is the most powerful is also something he says.

My website has more details.

Another alchemy teacher is http://qigongmaster.com - and so the advanced training is 1 month cave meditation - no sleep, no food, just a bit of water and full lotus the whole time.

That's the training my teacher also did - he did that a couple times. I think one time he did 2 months straight.

• Like 2

I have practiced a few systems, but have found LoneMan Pai to be the most potent so far. No initiation required, and you get only what you put in! Transmissions are held quite often but they are always optional.

At Lonemanpai.com, there's A LOT of material.

Almost every aspect of internal training and physical training is covered. There's also many advanced practitioners who have a ton of knowledge. All the dogma and nonsense has been cut out, so all you get is very efficient techniques that get results fast and safe. Its the most scientific system in existence imo.

Everyone that joins is encouraged to keep a log to ensure safety and proper development. Plus, everything has always been and always will be free.

Here's one of my threads that may be useful to you:

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38503-my-discoveries-loneman-pai-xiao-yao-pai/

Good luck! :D

Edited by SaiyaMan
  • Like 2

I am rather new to the world of internal cultivation; I only know of two good sources in these strange lands - Max Christensen and Jerry Alan Johnson.

There are well-known masters but the truly great are only known by few.

IMA taught by a legitimate teacher (you need to put a lot of effort on this initial stage); walking + seated meditation in equal parts for many hours a day; i.e. Thai forest meditation system.

Good luck! :)

• Like 2

Aeran's appraisal's I find to be very accurate depictions of the "masters" behind the systems. As readers of zenbear forum on Taobums know, I use the services of renowned medical clairvoyant to test beforehand any qigong method that I am interested in.

Saves tons of money and time from being wasted on methods that might be great for some but not my individual nervous system.

I tried Jenny Lamb's qigong, it was mediocre and did not test well. However, her Yi Gong on the same dvd tested to be one of the most powerful things that my clairvoyant has experienced in his career. And I found it produced so much chi flow from a simple static sitting position that my body parts would move spontaneously at time. The downside is that when the limbs are not moving, it is a very boring method and that is why I stopped doing it regularly because the results were hit and miss. If I did not get a full night's sleep, it would not work. The dvd is the best bargain. The rest of Jenny Lamb is as Aeran explained, expensive.

I have communicated with Gary Clyman who turned out to be a neighbor of mine in the Chicago suburbs but we never met then.

Anyone interested in working with him should first talk to him on the phone to see if you resonate with that kind of super intense personality with a big ego. I found him to be very funny but knowledgeable. He rightfully has given a warning about a total scoundrel, thief who sells dvds and whose name I will not mention. Terry Dunn and Flying Phoenix are great, as is Garry Hearfield whose methods are definitely more martial arts energy and reflect that side of his Grandmaster Doo Wai lineage.

From the 30 or so different qigong methods that I have tried so far, there is no doubt that the most unique and pleasant sensation of chi has come from the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung dvd series. I have had a few private lessons with Terry Dunn to start to learn the first few movements of TTP, I cannot recall what those initials stand for in Chinese. He is very intelligent, gentle and a great teacher on his dvds and live. My clairvoyant found TTP to be very powerful and to give great benefits. It has a lineage from one of the only true Taoist priests who has lived in the United States, Lew K. Share who recently died but was travelling coast to coast still teaching while in his 90's. His annual workshop on the East coast was always already sold out by the time I would hear about it. His wife now does the teaching and I communicated with her and found her to be rude. I know of 3 teachers teaching TTP, 2 in Los Angeles, one in Tampa, Florida. The one in Tampa is an Awakened person from the Oneness movement out of southern India. He has free Monday night online sessions where you can experience his deeksha. He recently split off from the Oneness movement to do his own energy movement called Flowering Heart. In a few days my clairvoyant will be testing Chris Matsuo's Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong and Justin Stone's Tai Chi Chih. There are some great teachers in Australia besides Garry Hearfield. Kellen Chia has a series of qigong dvds. The most powerful one is his most recent release called The Immortal Ten. Very easy to do but powerful. My favorite qigong method is also taught in Australia and is called Longevity Qigong on the dvd Absorbing the Essence by Simon Blow. He learned it from the abbot of the Purple Cloud Monastery on Wudang Mountain. The movements are tai chi like and the routine takes 10 minutes but is very powerful so one is warned not to over do this one. Just a really great feeling doing these few flowing movements. I have not done any tai chi so this is the closest I have gotten to that style. Master Teresa Yeung of Toronto, Canada had an accomplished Chinese master and she has some interesting but very simple qigong dvds. I currently am using her Wu's Eye Qigong dvd. I tried her Wu's Anti-Cancer Qigong DVD but did not stick with it. I was using it with the idea of providing protection from ever getting cancer which is one of the uses for it. Wudang 8 by Arnold Tayem is great for the 5 elements and organs. My best friend who does this one feels light/energy shooting out of his feet whenever he does the routine. I used to do it and really enjoyed it but later it tested to be enlivening my left brain and that is not what I need more of. Celestial Chi Kung dvds did not test as beneficial as the others that I tested them against but the movements looked pretty interesting and I did level one for a brief time. Ken Andes'

Ba Duan Jin is the most interesting and simple 8 Sections Brocade that I have seen. I really enjoy doing that 10 minute form and it adds for me a much needed physical exercise component which the other gentle qigong methods do not have.

In sum, if you want to feel the chi strongly and enjoy the interesting movements, then it would be Flying Phoenix of Terry Dunn, and any of Garry Hearfield's dvds.  I no  longer do either of them because they are time consuming and have many levels to them. So I now limit my choices to brief, simple to learn, but powerful benefits type qigong methods.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 5

I want to add that this is a much needed new thread since so many of us are seeking qigong methods that are most beneficial but we really don't know what they will really do for us until we try them and like I said in the previous post, that could turn into a waste of time and money. So if anyone wants to avoid the trial and error method of finding the right method for your particular mind/body system, you are welcome to contact Eric Isen about his testing services. I have worked with him since 1998 and one session with him will make you a believer.

I forgot to mention what may be the gem of all the qigong methods, Wu Wei Qigong by Master George Xu. It looks exactly like Falun Gong but it has been tested to be more powerful than Falun Gong. Like Falun Gong it also installs automatically an etheric level wheel which spins and takes out bad chi and then puts in good chi, so it is like you are doing chi kung 24/7. When I first learned Falun Gong I did actually feel the wheel enter my lower dan tien one night as I was drifting off to sleep. It was hard to miss, it was like being kicked in the stomach by a horse yet it was painless. My clairvoyant later saw it in me and described accurately what the wheel looked like. He said the wheel produced from doing Wu Wei Qigong looks different than the wheel from Falun Gong. I stopped doing Falun Gong after just 3 months because it would take over an hour to do and much longer because you can hold the static postures for longer as you go on and they want you to hold those postures for as long as you can. However, Wu Wei just wants you to hold those postures for 5 minutes. But that still takes an hour to do that routine and I have yet to motivate myself to spend that much time at one sitting. Another good one just popped into my awareness. Pangu Mystical Qigong. Very simple method but it takes a transmission from the master to work. That can be done via the dvd and CD.

Almost 2 years ago I could not make progress recovering from some kind of flu like symptoms so I was advised to do as much Pangu as I could and the illness would be gone the next day. So I did it for over 3 hours but there was no improvement in my condition. However, when I woke up the next day I felt 95% better and had so much energy I went from a week in bed to outside trying to chop ice away from my car tires so I could go back to work. I stopped doing Pangu because it was so boring doing the simple method. But if I get sick again, I will be doing marathon sessions of Pangu once again. The book that goes with the method is very strange and makes no sense but they encourage you to read it anyway. I could not get thru reading it and I think that it is a common reaction to the book. But in terms of the qigong method itself, I have only read good things about it. As for the Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong that I already mentioned, I have only seen one guy on Taobums writing about it. He says good things about it but no one else has anything to say about it. I hope that someone has not taken parts of other methods such as Jenny Lamb Yi Gong, Max's Kun Lun and Pangu Shengong and mixed them together and call this brew Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong. I will soon find out.

Another method that tested to be more powerful than most other qigong methods is The Three Treasures. I ordered the dvd from the female Chinese master in New York City and her book but it looked too difficult so I did not attempt to learn the method, but there is a video clip of it online and it looks beautiful. I think I hesitate to take the time to learn the more complicated movements because of my senior citizen status. I now feel like taking it easy in this last stage of the journey. I almost forgot to mention Tristan Truscott's 2 qigong methods called Satori Qigong Flow, and Good Morning-Evening Qigong. The latter tested too powerful for me at this time. Too bad because I really enjoyed doing the 10 minute routine for the few months that I did it. I then ordered the Satori Qigong Flow because it tested as the right one for my wife but for me it would cause energy imbalances in mind, body and energy bodies. The online website ads are slick and at first you think it is just hype. But it turns out to be true and Tristan is as joyful as he appears. I have exchanged emails with him and he is a really nice guy who is sincere about his love for qigong and how it healed him. My wife is psychic sensitive and new to chi kung but she can feel the chi strongly from the Satori Qigong Flow. She is one of those people who feels chi not just in her hands but in other parts of her body and the main energy channels. She also feels the chi coming off of me when I do qigong in the same room as her. So I use her as my guinea pig for this stuff. If you are short on time but want the most benefits from qigong, I would recommend Tristan Truscott's methods.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 3

I believe Master Li and his Sheng Zhen system deserve to be more widely known and talked about here. If you even get a chance to take classes or a workshop with this man -- highly recommended!

• Like 2

I agree with the above. I know someone who is a teacher of Shengong and he strongly recommended the method to me but I found it to difficult to learn so it was one more method that I quickly disgarded. It was not so much the difficulty level of learning, but more a case of not having the time or motivation to learn all of the movements.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

A potent system is continously working on emotional and karmic issues, never giving up and going with whatever comes up in terms of real life situations.

• Like 3

I know this is a thread on the Daoist forum but here are two sub-10 bucks systems you can play with

Magical Awakening, high level healing system with transmission in the book

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Guide-Energy-Healing-Introducing/dp/1939681499/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452506650&sr=8-1&keywords=brett+bevell

Reiki (Divine), high level Reiki with transmission in the book

https://www.amazon.com/New-Reiki-Software-Divine-Living/dp/1782790047/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1452506650&sr=8-5&keywords=brett+bevell

• Like 1

I have done Reiki for the past 24 years and I can state that there is no such think as a Reiki transmission from a book. If you have received the transmission in a Reiki workshop you would know that this cannot be do from a book.

Amazes me what people will believe and also what people will put on the market to sell.

• Like 2

I have done Reiki for the past 24 years and I can state that there is no such think as a Reiki transmission from a book. If you have received the transmission in a Reiki workshop you would know that this cannot be do from a book.

Amazes me what people will believe and also what people will put on the market to sell.

Did you try it?

Of course you can get a transmission from a book.

I communicated with Mikao Usui using the Reiki crystal after reading the book.

So definitely it is the real thing.