Oneironaut

Creating the pearl

What is it? What does it do and how do you do it? 

I heard Lee Holden speak of creating a pearl to plug into your personal space in the universe. I've also heard other qigong teachers say to pass a pearl over your body. Can someone please link me to a source or clarify?

I think it happens when you focus on the lower dantian, eventually warmth will rise up the spine and then descent back to the lower dantian and this will eventually create the "pearl"

What is it? What does it do and how do you do it? 

I heard Lee Holden speak of creating a pearl to plug into your personal space in the universe. I've also heard other qigong teachers say to pass a pearl over your body. Can someone please link me to a source or clarify?

My true home is on Cold Mountain

perched among cliffs beyond the reach of trouble

images leave no trace when they vanish

I roam the whole universe from here

lights and shadows flash across my mind

not one dharma appears before me

since I found this magic pearl

I can go anywhere everywhere is perfect.

From The Collected Songs of Cold Mountain translated by Red Pine

• Like 4

My first introduction to anything Taoist was from a modern orthodox Jew cum anthropologist teaching meditation in Jerusalem. He taught us to hold our hands out, palms facing each other, and slowly move them back and forth until we could feel a "chi ball."

Now this chi ball isn´t the same as the pearl referenced in the poem Jeff quoted. I know that. But it´s perhaps where it starts.

We can debate about the pearl all day, but why not practice? Practice of any number of chi gung systems or forms will deepen understanding.

Liminal

• Like 2

Master Choa Kok Sui describes 3 permanent seeds or pearls, the Emotional Permanent Seed, the Physical Permanent Seed, and the Mental Permanent Seed.

According to him, the Emotional Permanent Seed is located in the LDT, the Physical Permanent Seed or Seed of Destiny is in the MDT, and the Mental Permanent Seed or Seed of Consciousness is in the UDT.

Master Choa Kok Sui describes 3 permanent seeds or pearls, ...

The bindus / seeds, aka deep-centers (details at link, please read). along the central channel are the original "pearls" that are inherent to one's subtle structure.

You can also create a pearl of energy as a way of concentrating and refining energy and moving it around (often from one bindu to another).  A pearl is sometimes in the deep-center of a created qi ball aka sphere.

• Like 4

The bindus / seeds, aka deep-centers (details at link, please read). along the central channel are the original "pearls" that are inherent to one's subtle structure.

You can also create a pearl of energy as a way of concentrating and refining energy and moving it around (often from one bindu to another).  A pearl is sometimes in the deep-center of a created qi ball aka sphere.

Interesting link, thanks Trunk. I found this of particular interest:

...Especially since the lower centers are typically more difficult to open (though it varies per individual). The Taoist path typically works on development of the lower centers first as a remedy to that situation ... then when the universal energies come through a person's health is not destroyed...

I spent 20+ years working on the lower centers, before i even knew that there were lower centers  :)

• Like 2