Sign in to follow this  
LittleOne

Hi there, I'm honored to be here.

Hello all.

Thank you, in advance, for having me.

I began my path of awakening about four years ago when I started to get very ill without hope of recovery.  Western doctors said that "science doesn't know the cure" to what I had (though they generously offered me drugs, just the same) so I resorted to self-treatment and ravenous research.

Of course, the rabbit hole widened as I dove.  Amongst other areas of learning, I am investigating consciousness with a hope of learning who I am, who "God" is, and how I can best live my life.  

My heart led me to Michael Winn and his teaching deeply resonates with me.  I am joining this forum with the hope of broadening my perspective on Taoism, specifically Qigong/Neigong.  I would like to learn about other teachers and paths in order to confirm or deter my current path with the HealingTao school.

I humbly thank you for your time and hope to contribute, as I am able, to your community.

LittleOne

• Like 6

Welcome to the forums, LittleOne,

And thanks for sharing your awesome story.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. You will find this to be a great place to learn and exchange about paths and teachers.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael Sternbach and the TDB team

• Like 2

Welcome.  I've taken classes with Michael Winn and been very impressed with him. 

Be aware there are many groups of people here.  Many positive, some negative and depending on the subject we tend to flip around.  So if you find negativity, understand in some cases its people making assumptions without experiencing the teacher.  Plus a fair amount of chauvinism that only there system is the true one. 

• Like 2

Hi LittleOne,

I´ve also studied with Michael Winn and find his teachings helpful. You´ll find lots of opinions here pro and con about Healing Tao. Do you do the Primordial Chi Gung form? It´s something that I learned years ago from Michael and am coming back to now.

Hope you enjoy Taobums!

Liminal

• Like 1

I've always found you can find something useful from darn near everybody. Doesn't mean you want to pick up there whole system, but there are excellent forms and ideas you can pick up from most teachers who have been out there for few decades.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I began my path of awakening about four years ago when I started to get very ill without hope of recovery.

This is the single most important thing of your whole existence. Bravo, you are awakened; now you can see the end of the tunnel.

How many lifetimes before this initial awakening occured? A: Countless.Very nasty but this is how the whole mechanism works.

All the very best.

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

This is the single most important thing of your whole existence. Bravo, you are awakened; now you can see the end of the tunnel.

How many lifetimes before this initial awakening occured? A: Countless.Very nasty but this is how the whole mechanism works.

All the very best.

:)

have to agree, you get messed up then come into this stuff, that's karma and the beginning of the end.

If ordinary people knew what the hell realms are like and the length spirits stay down there purifying bad karmic deeds, sweet lord this whole planet would look like a Taoist monastery in Huashan, and everyone would be bowing to each other and offering fresh baked bread to visitors. Unfortunately, things are not meant to be that easy; we are in one of the lower realms. :(

Sign in to follow this