Sign in to follow this  
mr.regular

Bumble bee sound

I've had a loud ringing in my ears and in the very top of my head since I was a very young child. It's not tinitus. It's not a buzzing either. I also can see very tiny bright multicolored lights whenever I wish to pay attention. They are also always around, floating in the air. Mostly I don't pay attention to either thing.

When I was a child, I called the lights angels, and the ringing sound seemed to come from them. I would lay in bed for hours each night watching them and listening.

Here's a link I found:

http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/threads/th_sound.html

I do notice that sometimes the tone seems like "om".

Niether of these lights, nor the sounds seem to have a function that I can discern. Until it's been mentioned here, I never had cause to speak or even think about these phenomena.

It seems the concensus on the Kundalini link I gave is that it's a symptom of chakras activating, or kundalini rising.

Little1,

You write, "I'm one of the fellows that is currently "blessed" with the hearing of the buzz sound.

The first time it happened when I tried some qigong meditation, and it never left me.

It is all the way back into my ears. It gets really loud if I focus throu a meditation that uses this sound as a centerpoint. It's not only one sound, it's a million sounds inside it."

Tao Bum! writes, "As you can already hear the different sound "components" then you pick the highest pitched one to listen to, once it splits into it's components listen to the highest pitched one, repeat, repeat, repeat. The only warning I have read (Ken Cohen's) is not to listen to it in your left ear, use your right ear first and the sound eventually moves around in your head till it gets to the crown. Perhaps that warning is because he picks the highest pitched sound, not sure, the way I was taught was "just listen"

I think I know the sound to which you refer. If it's what I think, it's the sound many meditators hear 24 hour a day. I started hearing this sound, full of overtones and undertones, when I started meditating, years ago. As I understand it, it's called the "hu." It's another sound which I would very much like to understand. And don't anyone bother me with that tinitus stuff. I've looked into it; it's not that.

I hear it right now; but that's not the bee sound.

For example, once when I was deep in meditation, getting just about totally free from thought, I got this sound like one huge bumble bee on steroids, and it sounded for all the world like the thing flew straight into my ear, impacting with my eardrum with a"POP!"

Naturally I was very curious about such a happening. I still have only theories, and dammit, I that doesn't cut it.

Edited by mr.regular

thanx guys, interesting views...

:D i suddently feel like in the middle of an alcoholic anonimus meeting...

what are the first 5 steps? the first one was denial... :D:D:D

thanx guys, interesting views...

:D i suddently feel like in the middle of an alcoholic anonimus meeting...

what are the first 5 steps? the first one was denial... :D:D:D

Finally, the cat is out of the bag, lol! Usually no one knows what the hell I am talking about with the sound. I have felt alone on this on this site for a long time but have met other people who know this to so I my thoughts on this are below:

I have found the most clearly articulated information on this topic in the context of Hindu or Yogic stuff, but it is there in other traditions but in very cryptic or difficult ways to understand what is being talked about unless you already know it and then recognize that it is what is being eluded to. For example, "In the beginning was the Word", read the Taoist writing "The 100 character tablet", look into the esoteric meaning of "Music of the Spheres", the list goes on and on.

Here is a site that mentions it and provides what is a general theme about it:

http://www.indiayogi.com/kundalini/nada.asp

I recall that I read somewhere before about a bumble bee buzzing sound that is different than the constant sound (which can also be described as a bumble bee sound) and it is a common experience on the spiritual path as well before "hearing" the constant one or Ohm, etc. Even then there are lesser sounds that can be heard in a celestial concert and then there is the deepening of this sound into the Bliss.

Some people will experiences these depths differently and experience the inner light instead or both. There are sometimes sounds of thunder, wooshing, and other things that might be part of ones journey.

On sorta a non-traditional spiritual note, a friend of mine was telling me she heard the radio on at night before going to bed even when there was no radio on, had heard this for years. One night I found that "channel" if you will, and was absolutely amazed. So the next time I saw her I asked her if she heard the constant sound. She said no, didn't know what I was talking about, I said plug your ears and put your attention inward and listen for a high pitched, ehhhhhhhh. In a matter of seconds she found it. After that she was able to hear it and tell when there were periods of greater intensity and activity that matched my experiences.

It opened up to me while meditating, doing greater kan and li. I had this overwhelming feeling that if I continued, there would be no going back. I went forward and wham, this sound and heightened awareness and sensitivity opened. I was like o my god, I am not in kansas anymore, lol. But it wasn't really a laughing matter at the time as I wasn't sure if I was going to die or something (and that wasn't the last time I thought I was going to never come back to this world). For a period after that I couldn't bear loud stuff and could hear the TV screaming a frequency. I have heard it ever since.

Best,

Matt

Thanks for the link Matt. I had not heard ( :P ) much about this practice either.

Cheers

So any word on an actual function or purpose?

As I said I've had this forever. If it's a sign of kundalini awakening or something, I'm rather disappointed in this whole enlightenment business! lol :)

I mean gee, imagine this conversation:

New Age Hippie: "Dude there is this enlightened master who can teach you this method of practice that will bring you to the highest level of being!"

Me: "Really? What's it all about?"

Hippie: "Well his lineage goes all the way back to the ancient monks of 惛 憨 mountain!"

Me: "Whoa! You speak Chinese?"

Hippie: "Yeah man! I learned it from the master!"

Me: "Chinese?"

Hippie: "No! The practice."

Me: "Oh yeah, so what's it all about?"

Hippie: "Well you sit in this difficult high level yogic posture for three hours a day for ten years, fast several days a week, swear off of sex, and take these REALLY AWESOME herbs!"

Me: "Dude. No sex? That sounds hard."

Hippie: "It is really hard. But afterword you're totally enlightened!"

Me: (scratches head) "What exactly does that mean?"

Hippie: "Well, for one thing, my ears won't stop ringing!"

Me: "What?"

Hippie: "My ears won't stop ringing!"

Me: "Your ears?"

Hippie: "Dude, listen to what I'm saying! My ears won't stop ringing. It means I'm enlightened!"

Me: " Really? You're not serious are you?"

Hippie: "Dead serious man. I'm totally wise now."

Me: "That's cool... well..."

Hippie: "There's a new seminar next week. It's only like $800! You're chakras will totally be blown AWAY!"

Me: "I'm kinda busy next week..."

Hippie: "Bummer man! The next Seminar won't be until next year."

Me: (long pause) "That's okay. I'll be busy then too."

Edited by nightwatchdog

Im not shure of the true "function" of the sounds we hear, but I dont think we should not hang on too much to them. I think the sounds are expressions of vibrational shifts. If you leave your body into the astral worlds you can hear thunder sometimes. Other times its just like a pop. It can be like a heavy storm or just a single note of a flute. There are different sounds to different vibrational levels, and different "worlds".

Sometimes when I tune in to my pillar of light I hear a loud electrical whining, really high pich. I hear that pitch othertimes as well when I have vibrational shifts. When I let that sound just go through me and adjust me the sound fades away. I think I good practice is to let the sound adjust us when we here them. Just let the sound raise the frequency of the cells and your consciousess and adapt to it. Then see what happens.

I dont think the sounds really have anything to do with enlightenment though. At least no more than anything else we experience.

like whoaa, dudes, this is totally radical :lol:

and duuhh... the ringing doesnt stop... it must be god on the phone lollz

Matthew, great stuff there man

Keep the info coming, dudes, we may get something out of this, eventually

I had this overwhelming feeling that if I continued, there would be no going back. I went forward and wham, this sound and heightened awareness and sensitivity opened. I was like o my god, I am not in kansas anymore, lol. But it wasn't really a laughing matter at the time as I wasn't sure if I was going to die or something (and that wasn't the last time I thought I was going to never come back to this world).
Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this