dayzhaze

Yin Through Synthetic Material - Yes or No? (Unedited)

Since my posts are being deleted in the other thread I will post here. 

I am not trolling, I am just expressing a different viewpoint. 

Edited by dayzhaze

The premise of this thread is that a grounding wire is not necessary to cultivate indoors

"if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..."

Let's start with some assumptions:

• Assumption 1: John Chang is an authority, knows what he is talking about, and is not mistaken about the nature and mechanics of yin chi.
  • Assumption 2: John Chang told Kosta and Jim truthfully about yin chi being blocked by synthetic materials, and the need to sit on the earth or use a grounding wire to absorb yin chi.
  • Assumption 3: Kosta and Jim were not lied to, nor in turn lied to us.
  • Assumption 4: Kosta and Jim did not misunderstand, nor were Chang's words mistranslated.
  • Assumption 5: There is only one yin chi, there are not multiple types of yin chi, nor multiple things people call yin chi.

With those assumptions in place, this case is open and closed.  You are required to use a grounding wire indoors unless your floor itself is electrically grounded.

That's a pretty massive assumption. Unless you've practiced different systems, experienced and studied the effects of the energies they utilize, there's really no way to know.

In reference to assumption #5

Perhaps there are are different types of yin chi, and these other people are working with them.  Until we can get at least the same level of evidence from these people as there is for John Chang, their opinions will remain opinions, for me at least.

Edited by dayzhaze

Only if you believe John Chang (rather, those who wrote the books) is an authority.

I say, try it yourself

If there is Yang, then there is Yin

A grounding wire does not actually ground you anyway- it would be a rather tedious process to actually procure a proper ground.

That being said, a simple grounding contraption does help with the static build up, which can be a nuisance

Please- no more John Chang quotes, otherwise we wind up doing that "thing that you do" ;)

"Only if you believe John Chang (rather, those who wrote the books) is an authority."

Based on the evidence he has presented, I do. Based on the evidence you have provided, I do not regard you as an authority. Thanks for your opinions and advice but I am not interested in them. God bless.