dawei

Staff rotation

There is a new year and time for change.... thus, I will be rotating staff.   

I would like to thank the current staff for their time in the thankless ditch :)

Brian, Soaring Crane and Chang will rotate out.

There will be some overlap to pass some knowledge.

Please welcome Michael Sternbach and  Daeluin to the most thankless job they will ever accept :)

• Like 14

You and all the moderators certainly have my thanks.  I wonder if the moderators aren’t sometimes trying to be a tad too understanding in dealing with difficult members to the detriment of their own well-being? I know I personally would agonize over the fairness of any decision I had to make in that role. However, I can also see it could be an excellent form of practice; an appropriate role for some people, like poison for others. But please be aware your role is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 7

I wonder if the moderators aren’t sometimes trying to be a tad too understanding in dealing with difficult members to the detriment of their own well-being?

You misunderstand that as being a weakness,  try thinking of it as a strength.

• Like 6

Thanks to all involved - specially Brian, SC and Chang - I know how difficult it can be.  Good luck to the new team :)

• Like 12

I'm looking forward to spending less time online, and I'll probably just fade away altogether, as I would have a long time ago had I not got involved in the staff work here. It was interesting, to say the least. Good luck to Michael and Daeluin!

• Like 11

The forum has been really great in terms of moderation for quite a while now...thanks to the former moderators, and welcome to the new ones.

• Like 8

I'm looking forward to spending less time online, and I'll probably just fade away altogether, as I would have a long time ago had I not got involved in the staff work here. It was interesting, to say the least. Good luck to Michael and Daeluin!

You did a good job.

May you continue to enjoy real life.

_/\_

• Like 10

Good luck to Michael Sternbach and Daeluin.

As regards Brian, Soaring Crane and myself -

Yon rising Moon that looks for us again--
How oft hereafter will she wax and wane;
How oft hereafter rising look for us
Through this same Garden--and for one in vain!

• Like 9

Good luck to Michael Sternbach and Daeluin.

As regards Brian, Soaring Crane and myself -

Yon rising Moon that looks for us again--

How oft hereafter will she wax and wane;

How oft hereafter rising look for us

Through this same Garden--and for one in vain!

Morning in the bowl of night has flung the stone that sets the mods to flight.

• Like 7

Sweet hours have perished here;

This is a mighty room;

Within its precincts hopes have played, --

Now shadows in the tomb.

--E.D.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to spending less time online, and I'll probably just fade away altogether, as I would have a long time ago had I not got involved in the staff work here.

boo, that's awful.  You're part of our community and while spending less time is a given, It'd be a big loss if you faded away. 

My thanks and admiration to the administrators old and new. 

Like Yueya mentioned: when the going gets tough, the tough pull out there swords and cut clean. 

I also think to truly honor the admins past and present the best thing we can do is keep the board on a calm easy keel for a while     addon <well this was short lived for me :unsure: >

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 11

You misunderstand that as being a weakness,  try thinking of it as a strength.

Actually my thinking was in terms of de - of maintaining emotional / spiritual health. I thought my sentence, "However, I can also see it could be an excellent form of practice; an appropriate role for some people, like poison for others." made it clear I was referencing appropriateness, rather than some universal understanding of strength or weakness. After all, the Dao finds strength in weakness, which immediately blurs the distinction between the two. And, once again, that insight needs to be applied appropriately.  

Nevertheless, yours is an interesting observation with many possible interpretations. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you meant?   
Edited by Yueya

Update:

At this point the full rotation has occurred.   Soaring Crane and Chang are plugged back into the Matrix :)

I am going to be on and off for about two weeks.

who is a past admin has mainly assisted me with back-end stuff.  He will be co-Admin during these two weeks (although his group is tinkerer). He will help cover any issues which arise and can assist staff in decisions as needed.

• Like 3

Deep bow of respect and thanks for those cycling out and to those who cycle in...

and also apologies for the silly inflammatory incidents I've caused on purpose and by accident that wasted your time and energy.

I will try to do better. 

• Like 4

Deep bow of respect and thanks for those cycling out and to those who cycle in...

And please wear safety gear while cycling.

• Like 2

and also apologies for the silly inflammatory incidents I've caused on purpose and by accident that wasted your time and energy.

I will try to do better. 

I think you have been doing just fine.  But yes, stop the "on purpose" things.  I have seen none but apparently you have recognized such.

• Like 1

I think you have been doing just fine.  But yes, stop the "on purpose" things.  I have seen none but apparently you have recognized such.

It's always our choice to to reply to anything negatively or personally.   There's a great comic showing a guy up late at night, looking angry and typing furiously on his computer with the caption- someone on the internet is wrong! and need my correcting.

Such silliness is widely acknowledge and a trap I fall into way to often.  Particularly when we get into our heads we're doing this to educate the masses.  Best advice I've heard is, state your truth and walk away. 

• Like 4

It's always our choice to to reply to anything negatively or personally.   There's a great comic showing a guy up late at night, looking angry and typing furiously on his computer with the caption- someone on the internet is wrong! and need my correcting.

Such silliness is widely acknowledge and a trap I fall into way to often.  Particularly when we get into our heads we're doing this to educate the masses.  Best advice I've heard is, state your truth and walk away. 

Yes, but worth expanding on. From the perspective of my personal cultivation, any comment that causes me to react with strong emotion is a valuable gift. It means something hidden within me has been touched; something I'm not conscious of is nearing the surface of my awareness. However, insight may not come until long after engaging in such exchanges as the cartoon depicts. 

This approach means dwelling on the boundary between believing and not believing my own reality. It implies neither excessive certainty or excessive doubt. It's something I'm learning to do, rather than my permanent dwelling place.

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 4