Sign in to follow this  
Oneironaut

There may be a significantly closer relationship to kototama sounds and Taoist 5 healing sounds than most realize.

I've been researching sounds (kototama and Taoist healing sounds) and was wondering if there are any relations between the two. Below in the quoted section is what I've discovered. 

The most impressive aspect of Sensei’s genius was his understanding of the Kototama Principle that lead to his discovery of a new Elemental pattern. Sensei grasped the “Five Dimensions of Life Being”: The Will to Be = Fire (I); the Power to Be = Metal (E); the Spirit to Be = Wood (A); the Form or Embodiment of Being = Earth(U) and the Continuance of Being = Water(O). Kototama practitioners don’t speak of “Wood, Fire, Metal, Water, Earth”; the terminology is “A,I,E,O,U.”

For a year, Sensei taught his students the diagnostic and therapeutic theory and applications of Gogio (Five Element) medicine. We were studying pulse diagnosis and Meridian Therapy. We were also studying the Kototama Principle and Kototama sound rhythms and patterns. After a year of these studies, Sensei guided us toward an understanding that the sound pattern of (A,I,U,E,O) is the same as the meridians’ order of Wood , Fire, Earth, Metal, Water. That is, the traditional order of the ‘Five Elements’ has been a particular expression of consciousness. As our collective consciousness shifts, it is in keeping with energetic planetary shifts. Take the pulses, witness evolution. 

With Sensei’s realignment of Gogio relationships consistent to A,I,E,O,U (Wood , Fire, Metal, Water, Earth) notable changes take place. With this model of Life Energy, metaphysical as well as physical changes became the common patient experience and cure rates skyrocketed. It was this discovery that led to the founding of the Kototama Institute. Sensei needed to share this metamorphosis of Gogio with his adopted country.

The sensei being referred to above is Masahilo M. Nakazono. According to the quote above wouldn't this mean that kototama sounds can also be used to ultimately achieve what the Taoist 6 healing sounds are supposed to? 

Hi Oneironaut,

The answer depends on what the goal of the Taoist 6 healing sounds is thought to be...

From my experience many of the qigong sound practices are you for either clearing out sick qi or purification and transformation.

What I gather about Kototama is that the sound practice is more about direct resonance with the Primal 5E, so more intent on harmonization..

Similar purposes in either case though.

A

Before I read it to the end I thought the information was from O'Sensei, the founder of Aikido.  He was very into Kotodama, a very vowel wise version of it.   Here is a video of what it was like (powerful stuff):

John Stevens wrote a book 'Secrets of Aikido' (very little Aikido but much esoteric information) which was all about Japanese kotodama.   He also wrote a great book about the Marathon Monks of Mount Hiei. 

I find Abulafiah's kabbalah method and its modern translation in Ecstatic kabbalah, go a step further focusing the 'vowels' into where they naturally hit the body. 

addon> I think every system, maybe most languages too have roots where Aaah or Maah connects to the heart and is a word for mother. 

Edited by thelerner

Is Nakazono still alive?

I am more in the Taoist camp personally, but I did meet Nakazono and some of his students many years ago, and have studied kotodama extensively.

Kotodama is also part of the study of modern macrobiotics.

Ueshiba, the founder of aikido, was at George Ohsawa's (founder of macrobiotics) funeral.

Anciently, these are all part of the same practices.

But today they are separated, and different.

The 5 phases/5 sounds connection is a real one though - but nothing like the whole story.

-VonKrankenhaus

Is Nakazono still alive?

I am more in the Taoist camp personally, but I did meet Nakazono and some of his students many years ago, and have studied kotodama extensively.

Kotodama is also part of the study of modern macrobiotics.

Ueshiba, the founder of aikido, was at George Ohsawa's (founder of macrobiotics) funeral.

Anciently, these are all part of the same practices.

But today they are separated, and different.

The 5 phases/5 sounds connection is a real one though - but nothing like the whole story.

-VonKrankenhaus

He passed on years ago.

Hi son is living in Santa Fe and is considered a very good acupuncturist. Years ago I attended the Kototama sessions here in Santa Fe and was impressed as to the power of the sounds.

Edited by ralis

Sign in to follow this