Marblehead

The Taoist Warrior

quoting shen yun, followers of li hongzi? :huh:

I had to do a Wiki search of Li Hongzi as I did not know of him.

No, I don't think he would qualify as a Taoist Warrior.

Well, you just quoted an article from a member of an organization that strongly follows many of his teachings.

If you are referring to the article in my opening post, yes, I quoted from a site that belongs to a dance troop.

There are associations from different perspectives.  Please understand that what I know of Li Hongzi is only what I read a few minutes ago.

But sure, go ahead and change my mind if you like.  Of course, I would need to see something where Li Hongzi speaks to the martial aspects of his beliefs and not just to the spiritual.

This could turn into a discussion of more value than I ever anticipated.

• Like 1

If only spending a lot of time on Taobums made the list of chief traits...

Yeah, well, we do need to understand what it is we are about to seek before we rush off seeking it.

This is a pretty good place to do that.

• Like 1

I just noticed:  I killed the two graphics in my signature block when I did the cleanup of my posted graphics.  Time for me to go search out the two graphics.

I just noticed:  I killed the two graphics in my signature block when I did the cleanup of my posted graphics.  Time for me to go search out the two graphics.

Yeah I liked your signature better with the graphics.

• Like 1

Fun synchronicity. I read your post today and perused their site, then I see a billboard for their upcoming visit here in LA next Spring as I am driving to the location for the start of my 10 day Dragongate training.

I will be getting tickets and taking the family.

• Like 1

Fun synchronicity. I read your post today and perused their site, then I see a billboard for their upcoming visit here in LA next Spring as I am driving to the location for the start of my 10 day Dragongate training.

I will be getting tickets and taking the family.

Always better to meet in flesh to clink glasses of tea or beer 

Or even to share a smoke.

Which cannot be done over the keyboard

Idiotic Taoist all ready to share and share alike

• Like 2

While on this topic, there are at least 2 other dance groups of Taiwan that can be eye openners especially if you have not heard of them before, the U Theatre and the Cloud Gate.

I got to know them purely by chance when I dropped in on their shows hold in small towns in Taiwan, perhaps as promotionals, or more likely to bring art to the masses of great unwashed.

What I saw got me to flocking to their shows money in fist all ready to buy tickets.

So should you if they be in your neck of the woods .

Those folks grew up on tales of Water Margin  水滸傳  and Romance of 3 Kingdoms  三國演義  and the 鹿鼎記  Deer and the Cauldron.

Their productions got more martial arts content then what you see from a cage, inside or outside.  It will be a mystery as to why the Prince of Peace got more war content then messages of peace.

Meeting with Bodhisattva Manjusri 

and

Cloud Gate Dance Theatre Lin Hwai min Moon Waterhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ6g6waPA-0

May we end up clinking glasses or passing the joint about  in more than one place.

Idiot on the Path chanting peace  and being in peace while preparing for war and mayhem

• Like 2